It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a house that someone was killed in?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
kim

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i think that some of the time, it's just psychological- i mean if someone says "someone got killed here" then some people will freak out and start "feeling prescences". Then again, sometimes its genuine

ive just had a thought (everyone groans "no not again!")
do ghosts stay around forever or do they disappear after a while? (and for the religious) do they go to 'another place' ?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Howdy Kim!

From the number of ghost reports I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any time limit for a ghost to haunt...But some of them do seem to fade away & never return after a generation or two. I've heard of ghosts of Roman Legions that still march along the location where one of their old roads lie (The current location is underground & intersects with an old sewer tunnel) & I've even heard that Abe Lincoln haunts the White House (But I've only heard of 1 such report & haven't been able confirm it yet; This was about 15-20 years ago & haven't heard any *other* reports of that since then).

As for where ghosts go for an afterlife, it depends more on what religion you're asking about. Religions can never seem to agree with each other about the afterlife...

Christians *say* that the soul goes directly to Heven or Hell, but they note of instances where ghosts can & have been summoned...They also denounce reincarnation as a possibility.

Some Eastern religions speak about reincarnation. In some cases a soul may *escape* from the afterlife purgatory & come back as Gaki to animate a corpse(sort of the Oriental version of a vampire)...

As I said, it depends on which religion you speak to concerning an afterlife...

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 05:22 AM
link   
ghost busters are there to make you feel like they did something
kinda like a pshycoligist

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For your intellectual amusement: MOST houses built before 1930 have had one or more people die in them.

Before 1930, people often died at home. Nowadays, most die at the hospital.

Kim -- some ghosts seem to fade after the people they are concerned with also die.

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I would know without someone telling me. It's just something I sense. The cold chills and the feelings of uneasyness.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I would never move in to a house where a person have died!

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
No. I would'nt be a house were someone got killed. But spmeone got killed in my house too. Some kid jumped out the window, guy got shot, and i think a woman killed herself. I see, and hear strange things in the night....

Your house gave me the creeps during the day, JM. Must have been the weird ghosts who wished that i would never come back. or maybe it was your brothers.
Either way...

I think my grandmother lives in a haunted house, so to speak. I've heard her talking about a baby who fell out the window during it's nap.... From the 3rd floor...
And then it's really weird at night, cause you get this weird feeling that someone wants your help wth something...

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 12:13 PM
link   
How come you never told me that my house was creppy? True stories.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I would never move into a house that someone was murdered in. Its just creepy.

[Edited on 25-12-2002 by Ocelot]

posted on Jan, 12 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'd buy a house where someone died, but I don't think I'd knowingly buy a house where someone was killed. does that make sense? even if there were no residual effects from a tragic, violent sort of death, it'd be way too much good old fashioned nightmare fuel (to paraphrase Tom Servo)

posted on Jan, 13 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The manner in which a person died, I believe is the most important consideration. If a person had died a peaceful death, then I see no problems with moving in.
A violent death however is a different prospect.

posted on Jan, 18 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see what would go on inside a house that someone died in.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I had this idea for a while to go to an old insane asylum. The old ones were just torture houses for those that people wanted to get rid of. Like children born out of wedlock. People would spend there lives there die get electro shock and lobotomies. This place would have negative energy I would like to see if you could trap it and harness it like a battery.

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In the early days (1800's) families shared houses and it was not uncommon for people to pass away while living there. Do you think their other family members moved out? Of course they didn't. In addition, my wife grew up in a house in detroit (shivers), where a man hung himself in the garage. They lived there 22 years and I had spent considerable time there after my time in the Navy. Nothing ever happened, in the house or the garage. Now this is not to say other people haven't experienced anything different, but like with any major purchase investigate, ask around, search the papers and the web....

God knows ya wouldn't want a house like majestica rented in Okinawa! ( JK Majestica
)

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by ArcAngel]

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
my parents almost did, but my brother freaked out about so they didnt. i really wanted that house too just because it was neat! ... we ended up moving a couple of neighborhoods away. there was this high school student here that was on all sorts of prescription drugs and what not that killed his mother and father with an axe. he then committed suicide. hm. i wonder if that house is still up for sale? i think it sold.. not sure though

oh yeah that reminds me.. ive lived in a haunted house before too. i just didnt think of it at first because its not like htey were murdered or anything.. they were twins, and this old lady down the street from where i used to live, mrs woods, used to play with them as a kid. it was weird though because parts of the house werent haunted, or didnt seem to be, only the parts that were original. like we had remodeled parts where the ceilings had been dropped and what not and we never saw them there. they would just do things like.. take pictures off of the wall if they didnt like where they were placed, and sometimes i would hear them laughing etc. but nothing really scary. thats about it. once i saw one looking through the window at night. that creeped me out pretty bad.. but my dad always jsut told me they were playing hehe.. and not to be scared of them.

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by mirrorsparadise]

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Funny you should ask.
I'm reading a novel now called "lullaby"
By Chuck Palahniuk
It has a character who is a real estate broker
specializing in haunted houses.
But she does'nt tell her clients the're haunted.
She's counting on them running out screaming
in six months so she can resell the property.
She's already sold one house 4 times in one year.
Realtors call them "Distressed" houses, and most
don't want anything to do with them.
This lady has a police scanner on her desk to
monitor violent deaths.
Then she has her psycic friend stop by to see if
there are any restless spirits still hanging around
the property. (The meaner the better)
Belive it or not the story isn't about haunting,
its about a reporter who discovers an ancient
african curse printed in a book of childrens
bedtime stories. Seems alot of kids have been
dying after their parents read it to them.
He and this lady realtor set out to destroy
all the 50 copies of it in print.
I'm only half way through it , but its pretty good
so far.

chet

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by fortean]

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If the price is very low and it is a Mansion...I would.I can handle spirits easily,I would take no cr@p from no ghost.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
And I can tell you that some night I'd really cant sleep.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I would rather not, but ....if the price was right and I really liked it I wouldn't let that stop me.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
WTF are shadow people, if i wasnt paranoid before i sure am now, looks like i have to upgrad my coffe drinking from litres to gallons.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join