It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a house that someone was killed in?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wouldn't, but I'm interested in other opinions.

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wouldnt want to, but there are people who are ghouls who will for the sake of making a profit. Thats not to say though that anyone who buys a house like that cheaply and sells for a higher price is a ghoul, but some people certainly are.

For example, near where I live is a famous ghost house called "The Amityville Horror House", so named because of a chain of events.

A young man by the name of Ronald DeFao (I think that was his name), in the early part of the 70's, took a shotgun in the middle of the night and slaughtered 3 younger siblings and his parents. He claimed he was possessed by the devil. The prosecution claimed it was the lsd talking. In either event, Ronald, if hes even still alive, will never see the outside of a fence again.

So that house was being sold for practically nothing, a home with waterfront property, a boathouse, really a house for wealthy people (considering that this is one of the most expensive places in the US to live.)

A family bought it, and then sold it, claiming that the devil was indeed in the house, the walls cried blood, that sort of thing. Subsequently they sold a best selling book, a movie with at least one sequel, in other words they hit the jackpot. Now maybe what they claimed (they claimed alot of extreme paranormal activity was taking place while they lived there) was true. That turns out to likely not be the case, as the next owners made no such claims, said there was nothing unusual about the house, they just wished people would stop ringing their doorbell and running away. I can feel their pain, because I personally "know someone" who, when he was 18, did just that.

More likely is that the people who first bought the house, wrote the book and made millions from that and the movie, were playing off of peoples fears in the worst way, where an innocent family was murdered by a deranged young man. And they capatalized on those fears, to get rich. Yes Ronald was evil, he did murder those people, but it was a tragedy, as I said he murdered his young brothers and sister, the youngest was not even 10. And the people who bought that house (most likely) capatalized on that families tragedy in the most despicable of ways.

I dont want to live in the streets, but I am sure I dont want to make my fortune in that manner. I would not be able to live with myself.

[Edited on 9-10-2002 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ahhh...nope...but I own a car that once ran over a cat.

I think my wheel arch is haunted by the cats spirit...late at night, when the moon hangs low in the sky and the wind pauses for just a moment I swear I can hear this fainted 'meeeeeow' coming from around the wheel...

...spooky...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 11:34 PM
link   
alien say's,

Cats don't take a liking to being run over.

posted on Sep, 16 2002 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would,I lived in a house that people died in years ago,wan't to spooky.

If you bought a house and were not told that someone was murdered there,then a couple years down the road you find out someone was,would you still live there?

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

I think my wheel arch is haunted by the cats spirit...late at night, when the moon hangs low in the sky and the wind pauses for just a moment I swear I can hear this fainted 'meeeeeow' coming from around the wheel...

...spooky...

Peace,
ALIEN
You sure it's not your brakes!!!
ok,that was a joke!

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The dead cannot harm you!

it is ""fear"" that can make you do stupid things!

Performing a modern day ""spirit cleansing ""(ghost busters,similar thing) is also not advisable as one needs to know what they are actually really dealing with!........

posted on Sep, 17 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well, I live in a $h*tty apartment that has had since my arrival a few dozen deaths of rats. Of course, now they out to get me. All other parts of building are empty of rats, except mine! Little bugers wont leave. Would call a exterminator, but that costs money, and as before, a pellet gun kills most of them. Problem is if they die slowly they run into the wall and die and smell.

Except for one. it was white, albino I guess. I shot it, it lived. I then used rat trap, heard it snap, went to see, little bugger opened trap and ran off before I was able to get him. Then tried lighter+Yard Gaurd 20ft spray. It caught on fire, ran straight to my pile of junk newspapers under the table next to t.v. I was busy putting out the fire, it got away.

So far I have seen it a couple of times, but can't kill it!!!!!! I think it is the ghosts of all the rats before coming back to annoy me.

And, once used a bat that was used to beat the hell out of a creature still not identified when it came through the window. Might have been a raccoon, but it was lanky, and didn't have the tail of a coon. Well, might have, but I beat it into a bloody pulp, so it could have been a coon, don't know.

posted on Sep, 18 2002 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen

You sure it's not your brakes!!!
ok,that was a joke!

...brakes?? Ummm...theres a gas pedal, and a clutch pedal...thats all ya need ain't it??

posted on Oct, 12 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   
man i lived in a haunted house once... the ghost was a really cool guy... i never talked to the dude but he was real curious he would sit in your bed while you slept... turn on and off your tv even when you unpluged it... turned on the dryer and shower... played pool... and would show up in my dreams... but i dont think he did that i think i did that... we never could figure out how he died and the papers to the house never said how they just said he died... crazy

posted on Oct, 18 2002 @ 02:37 PM
link   
in 1986 i moved into a house in which the guy living there had hung himself because he didnt want to move out after his brother had decided to sell it.

kim

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't mind it but it makes you wonder... like if you heard a creak or sumthing you'd be like "holy sh*t!" It depends how you think about it. Goths, like myself have a sort of fascination with death so the idea of living where someone died isn't so bad.
Think of it like this. The people who died there were most likely normal everyday people. Why would they (in ghost, spirit for whatever) want to come back and scare the living daylights out of us? Also, unless the house has a poltergeist, there's nothing to worry about : )

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'd be bothered if there was still a bad feeling left behind in the house, I believe there usually is when someone is murdered.
A long time ago me & my family were staying at my Gran's new house (well it was a built in victorian times so not exactly 'new' I guess). Only as a baby I can still remember this built-in wardrobe/cupboard in the room. I was absolutely convinced something was trapped in there. Like something was watching from inside.
I wasn't the only one to feel like that in there. Others in the room got the same feeling, meaning the people who moved in after my gran couldn't stay there for long either.
My theory is a child got trapped in there and suffocated, cos it's happened before.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We sold the house were my mom was assassinated with out problem. Hell, we made a party there just a week before the house was sold. This was ONE crazy party. (imagine a empty house, and I mean realy EMPTY,no furniture, nothing at all, with 40 drunk teen)

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 04:08 PM
link   
party sounds good but did you say your mother was assassinated???

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 05:10 PM
link   
yep.Oh, and the guy who killed her also killed him-self right after. (in the same house)

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:43 PM
link   
in turn did you kill him? i would have you would get away with it with temporary insanity you know...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Im goin with kim when I say that me, as a goth, is more interested in death then the normal, "prep" or "wannabe prep", I don't know why, so don't ask. I just am, it has a certain mystical shroud arround it or something else that sounds smart like that. And by the way, I would live in a house somebody was killed in. Why, cuz ghosts, especially cool ones, don't scare me. Now poltergeists throwin knives around, I'd get pissed and start talkin to it, like a psychologist!.... I guess....

posted on Nov, 8 2002 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No. I would'nt be a house were someone got killed. But spmeone got killed in my house too. Some kid jumped out the window, guy got shot, and i think a woman killed herself. I see, and hear strange things in the night....

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 11:46 AM
link   
tell ya wot - I once lived in a house that was full of shadow people - when i was a kid and i gotta say - they really really scared the leaving - .... - out of me - but to answer your question - nope wouldn't bother me - cause once you've met the shadow people -- notin even cumes half as close or twice as scary. schhhh - gotta be carefull they're still wotching me

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join