It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a house that someone was killed in?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I dont live in the amityville horror house but i live 2 houses away from it but i dont know why i said that lol.umm i do live in a haunted house at night i see shadows and i hear a bell ring from under my bed and sometimes my cats act like they saw a dog and they would freak out and i also hear plates from the kitchen banging and crashing my tv and computer would go on and off even unpluged or dont have batteries.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If someone just dies of natural causes in the bedroom or anywhere in the house,I would buy the house.If the house had a suicide with someone who was sad or depressed then it gets borderline,it would have to be a great deal on the house.If I knew that the suicide was a guy who hanged himself in the closet or from the stairs or ceiling,forget it.I just know that if i ever heard a noise like scraping or (did anyone see the Japanese version grudge2?) a banging on the wall.Or noises from a closet,creeking from the roof....I would go totally insane with fear,seen too many movies where that happens!

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I lived in a haunted house as a child. The house had been vacant for more than a decade before my family bought it and no one has lived in it in the 8 or so years since my family moved.

In our house, the hall would often fill with what smelled like cigar smoke. Things would go missing and turn up in odd places. My mom would talk to whatever was in the house and say, "You know we don't smoke in this house. If you are going to smoke, go outside." or "Put my things back. It isn't nice to use them without asking first." Usually when my mom would say something to it, the smoke would clear or we would find whatever we had been looking for.

After my family had lived there for about 10 years, my sister died. She died in the house. It was her death that was devastating, not the location. I slept in the very bed where she died for the next year. Really odd things kept happening, but I wasn't frightened.

However, I have been in places that just don't feel good. I have walked into buildings that simply feel so bad that I know that I could never live in them.

I guess my point is, I have to go by what a place feels like to me, not its past history. If someone was murdered in a house, it might or might not be a good place to live. I'd have to feel it for myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My brother committed suicide in the apartment that me and my husband lived in, we lived there for another month or so and I never felt any negative vibes/feelings.

We lived in a very old house (the foundation was built just after the Civil War) when we were first married and we knew of at least one person who had died in the house. Hubby swore that the place was haunted, and a family friend did too, but I never observed/felt anything out of the ordinary. Based on my limited experiences, I guess I would consider buying a place with known death having occured there.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
not if i knew.... even if it wasnt haunted those thoughts would haunt me...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
absolutly at a HUGE discount LOL as property values have skyrocketed. I would buy a house someone got killed in for so that I wouldent have to pay so much for it then I would clense the house throughly metaphysicly and physicly

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join