It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a house that someone was killed in?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No Way!!
If you have ever been in contact with a spirit you would know where im coming from. You dont know what i kind of spirit would be in the house. I know i wouldnt wanna be staying in a house with evil spirit around, i've had my fair share and its not pretty... i garentee you..

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well I doubt that it's the same but My father committed suicide in my garage in 1996 so thats probably the same thing or close....I see no problem in it

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a few monthes after I bought the house one of my tenants told me the house was haunted and expected me to get someone to excersize it!!!

I found out later that a girl that lived on the third floor was killed when the house caught fire. I didn't know about the fire before I bought the house but I looked into the attic when I had a chance and saw the charred beams. Apparently it was quite a fire and the house was rebuilt after the incident.
I had many problem with people complaining about weird things happining there. I sold the house two years later......

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
But I have rented a house someone was killed in and that is only because THEY did not tell us...otherwise hell no I wouldn't rent, sleep, buy or stayover in one where someone was killed..
Mag

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i would pay to stay one night in a house that somebody was killed in. so i wouldnt have a problem buying a house that somebody was killed in..or died...

imagine if it is haunted that would be great.. get my camera and sound recording equipment

!

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
SHEESH i would even contemplate doing a oujia board in a house somebody was killed in!

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i probably would'nt take part in it actucally, i would watch others in the room doing a oujia board in a house that somebody was killed in though..

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm currently engaged with a girl whom says her house is haunted. When she was a young girl she used to have conversations with what her mom thought was an imaginary friend. Came to find out years later that a doctor had died in the early 1900's in the house. They claim that is has done things such as hide keys, rings money etc....only to find them in another area of the house. Then when she went to a psychic in her teens the psychic told her that there was a spirit in her house without her metioning it to him. I've spent many nights in the house without anything happening.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Location - location - location.

Is there a lingering odor? Stains that can't be removed. Gorget about the stains, everything from floor sections to sheet rock can be replaced. This being as such, go back to the first sentence with the repetitive word.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would never..That's creepy

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Would you buy a house that someone was killed in"

Depends:

1. Is it a really good price?
2. Is it in a good location and neighborhood?
3. Is it a well made house?
4. Does the house fit my needs?
5. How were they killed, how did they die?
6. Has there been any paranormal activity?
7. If so, has the activity been negative?

Personally, I could live with it fine...hell, I live with a ghost now (fortunately, he seems content to be confined to the staircase, and just plays with the lights, the blinds, and occassional morning moaning). As long as the entity, entities aren't throwing things around or bleeding all over the walls, it's cool....

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I lived in a house which used to be an old police station. In my bedroom I had a walk in closet that was basically just a small room. I later found out that this was where they put the condemned men beofre they took them over the roads to the gallows and hanged them.

I never got any weird vibes though. Maybe that's cos they didn't actually die in my house.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i already live in a cottage that people were killed in!

although after 8 yrs i am moving out this weekend, into a large flat which also has a history?

blackwidow

[Edited on 19-7-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
if they knocked off a lot of the price, I would for sure.

I've never seen a ghost, so we could become friends if they wanna come out and kick it lol :p

I wouldn't be afraid, I think a lot of people would be afraid because they are projecting things and over reacting/analyzing.
I am more worried about actually psychopathic serial killers on the loose than some ghost.

If I was there alone and I started thinking about it yeah I guess I could spook myself out but reassure myself with a I rebuke you in the name of Christ!

And what Gazrok's post said

[Edited on 20-5-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Strange things can happen in a house if............
1......you have done seances...........(which i never do any more! wierd strange stuff can happen!!!
scary...........yes .......but they can do no harm unless you do it to yourself.........and not know what you are dealing with..........(i wont go into the religious side of things)

2........read alot of occult books .......

3........bring ''evil'' people into your home.........(i wont get into that either!!!

Would I buy a house that someone was killed in??? i
would not go looking for one , but i dont think it would deter me from buying one if i liked it

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My college dorm room was supposedly haunted. While I never admitted it to anyone then, I did see a window which open inward and downward and was also so rusted it took a good effort to open or close, shut by itself with a slam.

Some of my neighbors brought these two girls down one night with a ouija board who appeared to make contact( I just thought they put on a good show at the time) with a young lady who had hung herself from the steam pipes which were by the window I saw close. She supposedly told them her name and class year and all but I pretended to be unimpressed to be cool but later I went to the library and looked her up in her yearbook. There she was. Class of '62. This was is 1987 so it had happened long before I was born. Still, she looked like a sweet thing and I couldn't begin to wonder what would make her do that but I always have. During their little ordeal they asked her several times why but claimed she would not answer that question.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
wasn't murdered, I think he died in a fire that consumed the top floor of the house, in the 40's. Possibly explains why he's only in the staircase. The house was built around the 20's, and the staircase is still the same one. Perhaps he was running up the stairs to rescue someone or something? (as the ghost usually goes from the bottom to the top, in a hurried manner...you actually hear the footsteps going up...very eerie...) I researched the house after the first appearance of the ghost (usually only as sound, or occassionaly a wisp of shadow in the shape of a cloaked figure-wrapped in a blanket maybe?). It seems there was a fire and some charred remains found, but no details on the victim/s. Inspires me to dig more though....

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAD Scientist
The manner in which a person died, I believe is the most important consideration. If a person had died a peaceful death, then I see no problems with moving in.
A violent death however is a different prospect.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Couldn't have said it better!

I lived in two different houses where someone had died.
I did not know at the time, that this had occured.

The first house was an old house built in the 40's.
I rented it while I was in college. It was a real fixer-upper! I can't say that I had seen any spirits but some very weird things happened. Once my dog started barking at a corner of the room(in the middle of the house). The dog then ran and yelped all the way to my bedroom closet where she hid shivering. Next to this wall was attached a door that lead to the kitchen. When I moved in this door would not move. The house must have settled in such a way that the door was stuck on the floor. My friends, who helped my wife and I (Newlyweds) move in, tried to move this door but we could not get it to budge. so we just left it in the open position. One night my wife and I were awakened by a loud noise. Thinking that someone might be in the house I got out of bed and grabbed a bowling pin (I was working part time at a bowling alley). I headed for the front door to make sure it was locked. (Thats where I thought the sound came from) Since it was still dark, I didn't think it would be wise to turn any lights on (just in case I could catch the intruder by surprise!). In order to get to the front door from my bedroom I had to pass through the kitchen. I ran SMACK into that damn door that would never close. The door now freely swung easily. All the doors and the windows of the house were locked. I had left early for school one morning and my wife was still in bed. When I went to work after school she had called me from her mother's house. She said she had a dream that was so real and scary that she had to get out of the house. She dreamt a dark shadowy man in a black trench coat and black hat was at the foot of her bed. She said she new that she was dreaming and tried to wake her self up. Only when she screamed, did she wake and the image leave.
The last straw was after we had finished eating supper. It was my turn to do the dishes, so while I was in the kitchen cleaning, I noticed a small roach on a the cabinet ledge above the sink. This was not surprising because we had seen a few every so often. So, I reached for the Raid spray and shot the roach. All at once thousands (I'm not Kidding) roaches ran along the kitchen ceiling covering the white ceiling black. I used the whole can, and the floor was littered with dying bugs. We had to leave the house that night to get out of the smog that the spray caused and to regain our sanity. We moved into an apartment two weeks later!

We bought a nice house on a cul-de-sac a few years ago. It was built in 1982 and we bought it from the original owners.
It was a beautiful house with a big back yard. the master bed was on the bottom and three bedroom for the children on the second floor. From the beginning when my children picked out their room the oldest picked first then the middle on picked and left the the last room to my youngest son. The older two girls said they didn't like that room so stuck him with it. They would also come down stairs and sometimes say they felt like someone was watching them. The oldest thought the house was haunted. I tried to reassure them that we had met the original owners and nothing indicated to me that this house was haunted. I chastized the two older girls for bringing this up, told them not to bring this up ti there younger brother. Mean while, my son was having trouble sleeping in his room. Sometimes we would find him sleeping on the sofa, other times sleeping at the foot of our bed. After about a month in this house I had an occurring dream of a young boy hanging himself upstairs. I told my wife that I was worried about this dream and thought we should keep a close eye on our son to see if he was having any problems at school etc. A few days later I was watching a football game and my wife was getting to know the neighborhood wives at a stamp party. When she came home she walked up to me and asked me to mute the game, she said "Your not going to believe what I found out today!". the neighbors had asked her if we knew what had happened in our house. They told her that the oldest son of the original owners had accidentally
hung himself in the bedroom that my son now occupied.
(He was trying an autoerotic episode)
Needless to say the hair on the back of my neck stood up. My friends and I said some prayers for this poor soul
and after about a week things started getting better. Yes, my son was able to sleep in his room. We later told the oldest child about because she was old enough to understand. We moved from that house four years ago, but that's another story.

Sorry if I got a little winded.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Darn right - bet you could get a pretty good price

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No way, I wouldn't sleep at night!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join