It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you buy a house that someone was killed in?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Not sure...Probably wouldn't bother me. Can't say for sure but never happened to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If the house was a good deal I would live in it happily. I mean hey theres probably a lot of people that live in houses all over the place that people where killed in and don't have a clue about it.

Besides ghosts are cool, I use to see a female ghost in my old house all the time.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Great Topic!!!
A girl was murdered in my house. Well she wasnt murdered really. Apparently she had suspected that her man was cheating on her so she hid in the closet at the top of the stairs and waited for him to get home. Well when he arrived she jumped out of the closet and had a gun in her hand with the intention of killing him. She tripped and fell backward down the stairs shooting herself in the head.
Scary stuff. I thought about it several times before i moved here. I havent seen any ghosts and it does give me the chills from time to time but nothing major.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
As long as the victims blood was splattered everywhere, sure.

But seriously, depending on the murder and such, it depends. It would be nice dinner conversation though...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I own a home that's haunted so it wouldn't bother me.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I herad that some guy lives in Alistair Crowleys house and Crowleys buried in the back yard (i t6hink)

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The house we live in was owned, just before us, by an old man who was very sick. He killed him self in the bedroom with a gun.

When my dad bought the house, the bed was still marked with blood and there was a hole in the wall where the bullet hitted.

He told me that at the beginning, he was too poor to buy a new matelas so he just turned it on the other side.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would but before that (Iam Catholic) I would call a priest to kinda bless it. That might not work but I would feel alot better.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There are energies everywhere. I mean a 'ghost' isn't stuck to the place of death. I mean, they are like the wind, constantly passing through unseen and unheard for the most part. True, There are some bad experiences - I had to live in a place for almost 8 months with "NOT user friendly visiters" that WERE absolutly going to stay there weather we liked it or not. The more we tried to rid ourselves of the scarry things the worse they got. I won't say I was actualy touched by them, but after a night of doing our best to relieve the house of some 'tention', me, my mom and the man who tried to help all felt completely draind in a WOW kind of way...and the next day, not a bruise or mark on me, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. I mean my muscles all hurt so bad I took muscle relaxers and pain killers and layed in bed most of the day. My moms neck and back hurt the next day, and the man who helped up (he had MS that was symptomatic off and on)...he was back to using his cane and having trouble for a bit afterwards.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If the price is right - why not. Having someone killed in a house is not a guarantee that it will be haunted, and if it is haunted, there is no guarantee that the ghosts will be harmfull. I remember an incident a few years back that I wished that I could have taken advantage of the situation. A realtor friend had a listing for a house of the kind I would have wanted; however, three people died in the house. (The husband came home unexpectingly and found his wife in bed with her lover. He killed both of them with a shotgun and then commited suicide.) I was able to view the house and the chalk marks around the body locations and the blood stains in the rugs and on the walls were still visible. The house was being sold just as the police left it. Well the house was worth $300,000 (at lot more then) and sold for $100,000 because no one wanted a house with that kind of history. I could not act on it because my financial situation at that time prevented me from doing so and wife did not like the idea of buying such a house. Well the guy who did buy it, reported no problem (execpt for having to replace some rugs) and as far as I know he is still living there.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomhaur
Not sure...Probably wouldn't bother me. Can't say for sure but never happened to me.

Your Avatar is really funny.

Anyway i would live in a house that some1 had been killed in cos i have never seen a ghost and want to c 1 crazy i know.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I would not like to inherit a residence where an act of murder took place, just would rather not be involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
You can get some get deals on such houses - look at the guy who bought the house I mentioned in my post (paid $100,000 for a house worth $300,000). People are woozes these days. Hell the guy is lucky it was in the US, in the UK I hear the price goes up on a house that is haunted. Anyway I learned from the realtor that the guy reported nothing unusual in the house, even though there was a double murder and suicide committed in it.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well I don't know about a house someone was KILLED in, but just remember that if your house is more than 30 years old, there's a GOOD chance that someone died in it at some point (probably not from bein gkilled though). Do the math.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Geyhaven>my maths is not too good i need a calculator

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Text Purplewell i actually do live in a house that someone died in umm...i live in amityville newyork(no i dont live in the amityville horror house)umm i was moving in the hosue with my boyfriend adam and my friend came to help move our stuff and our cats in and we took a break and we looked at the window and we sudenly saw a black face pop up(it looked like a girl)and we screamed and ran off into the back yard it was SOOO SCARY!but to kinda look back it seems kinda funny now

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I would never live in a house where evil was born
murder suicide rape are all evil thoughts and energy's and when someone dies with this energy's present the soul could turn angry and want to harm out of fear and anger.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If the price was right, I'd buy a murder house, no problem.

If it wasn't haunted, it would be a great deal. If it was haunted, I'd sign a multi-million dollar contract to produce a Big Brother rip-off and retire on a big, comfortable ghost-free fishing boat.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There's no one size fits all solution, is there?

Some ghosts are inoffensive, vague, drifting.

Some don't even know they're ghosts.

Others have a grudge or point to make, or seek revenge blindly.

Some others just seem to enjoy scaring children or the vulnerable.

Often ghosts only become active after renovations or other changes are undertaken.

Possibly, some ghosts follow certain people when they sell, rather than remain to haunt the house's new owners.

Some residences and buildings DO have a haunted, frightening feel to them, even if they're public buildings or offices.

And some houses, even if someone was killed there, feel entirely normal.

I guess the worst situation would be for someone who was psychic (whether or not they realised they were) to move into a building that contained a malevolent spirit intent on inflicting fear and damage (through bad-luck, illness, financial & marital woes, neighbour and crime problems, etc.)

If the psychic occupant used mind-altering drugs and/or alcohol and was involved in the occult or sexual practices that caused guilt or obsession, etc., then things could get ugly.

After that occupant departed, the house may remain unhealthy for subsequent tenants.

The house/building could even attract other unhealthy spirit entities.

This in turn could attract a certain type of tenant. Those fixated on the occult or heavy drug users for example.

The effect could be cumulative, with the house becoming more and more toxic, spiritually, as time went by.

On the surface of course, the house may appear normal, attractive and might end up being sold to people who needed to buy in a hurry.

The house may have been chosen by the new owners for its location, neighbourhood, price or all of these.

Any unusual activity noticed by the new owners would for a time be attributed to the fact they weren't used to the house. The new owners could tell themselves they'd imagined things.

Only one member of the new family of owners may be sensitive to the house's spiritual activity.

Other family members might decide that the affected family member was inventing or imagining things, or they could believe the affected family member's problems actually stemmed from romantic or career troubles.

It's possible that spirits or groups of spirits target one individual and slowly and deliberately cause that person to become depressed.

If a spirit or group of spirits are particularly vicious, they could send a targetted individual insane, to the point they commit suicide or kill members of the family.

If the targetted individual has turned to drugs or alcohol for relief from the relentless haunting, then afterwards people would blame the situation on these.

Even if the targetted person has kept a diary about the spiritual attacks they've been subjected to, or even if they seek help from doctors, psychiatrists or their church, it's doubtful whether anyone would believe their claims after they suicided or harmed others. The likely conclusion would be that the individual was unstable or under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Some houses and buildings make certain people sick, apparently. After living in the house for a while, they contract a disease or cancer. The house (and spiritual tenants) is rarely suspected of being responsible.

Sometimes, quite new houses and buildings have spiritual infestation, even though most people think that only old houses are creepy.

Ghosts sometimes enter a house or building along with a piece of furniture or other item.

I don't know if spirit-detecting devices exist. Be great if they did because then people would at least have prior warning before moving in or before buying an outwardly attractive used-item of furniture or clothing or book, etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
We bought a house that seemed perfect as far as the house itself and location and price were concerned.

It turned out to be a terrifying paranormal zoo.

Afterwards, we found out that two of the previous tenants had been murdered.

They weren't murdered in the house, though.

The people we sold it to re-sold it just over a year after moving in.

I tried tactfully to find out if they'd experienced the same paranormal activity as us, but they evaded the question.

Two elderly people bought it next. It wasn't long before the place began to look really dark and depressing from the street. Nothing outwardly had changed, apart from seeming as if it was always in shadow, even on sunny days. The old people are still there, as far as I know.

There's no way of finding out what caused the spiritual activity in the house. It could have been caused by the land it was built on. Or the group who lived in it before us (two of whom were murdered) could have been involved in occult activity which created an opening for spirits to enter. They were many and varied and none of them was nice.

Discussing the pros and cons of buying a property in which someone was killed is very valid, but I think it's just as important to find out about the people who've lived in a house.

For example, I would never knowingly buy or live in a dwelling where people have engaged or even dabbled in the occult.

They mess around with ouija boards and rituals found on Ebay or online and fancy themselves as goths, occultists & psychics when really they're just power and sensation hungry and trying to be kewl to impress themselves and others. They're irresponsible spiritual litter-bugs. They depart, leaving behind a spiritual rats' nest for subsequent occupants.

Cleansing rituals are said to be effective but as someone said earlier in this thread, indiscriminate 'cleansing' can backfire unless you know what you're doing and what you're dealing with.

In the final analysis, the only real safeguard against unwanted paranormal experience is to ensure that you are spiritually strong and protected.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join