It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays, the new blacks?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yeah gays should tell that they're gay when its relevent. Personaly I think gays are fun to joke at. But no more fun than mothers, hillbillys, hobos, muslims, christians, russians, lesbians, transvestites, jews, chinese, whites, Canadians, mexicans, cubans, blacks, pacific islander, mormans, lawyers, fat people, women, and the disabled. So everyone jokes at everyone because they care. If they don't care about a minority they probably hate them. Whens the last time you heard Hitler tell jokes about the Jews?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I got some great Jew jokes, but I would get banned if I told them.

Anyways, only people who care are republicans/KKK/CCC/Neo-Nazis. Even more funny is when they go from "Gays are evil! It says so in the bible!" to "Don't kill all of them, I am one of them." But even more funny is when they make a big deal out of gay democrats, wtf? It's like a black democrat, or a smart democrat, it's waht the dem party is, it would be like making fun of the KKK for having old racist white republicans in it, it's what they are!

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yes james, not sure where you are going with your post.

Anyway, big up to all the gays, and bo bo.

Or something like that.

Oh the bible is messed up.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I disagree with the points on the 'don't put it in our face' way of thinking. There are many ways to avoid gay society if that is what you choose to do, namely stop watching Will and Grace, Queer Eye, and attending pride parades. The majority of homosexuals(I think/hope) aren't bull dykes and flamboyant boa wearing cabaret singers. I believe the whole anti-marriage issue stems around the reality of the disintegration of marriage in general. Heterosexuals cannot keep their marriages in order and good standing, WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THIS WORLD IF THE HOMOSEXUALS CAN! It frightens the religious order that quite frankly put the president in office, although I did vote for him for lack of a better alternative. This problem basically stems from the belief of separation, creating an 'other'. Individuals/groups/idiots for my concern feel the need to see themselves as somehow higher on the imaginary chain of being created hundreds of years ago to justify the actions of the powerful on the weak. Until the greatest separater of them all, organized religion of all sects, is predominately desaturated, all minds of higher intellect will be subjegated to the hateful, slothful behavior of bigots. What can be done other than leading by example?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
more for the rest?Well, I guess, gay men do leave more ladies for those of us who happen to be gay ladies. Please, folks, straight people DO announce their preferences constantly, by referring to boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, and husbands. Most gay people are still unable to make such announcements. One thing is right: it should be private, but it's not, and many laws prevent us from having equal private lives. There's no competition for title of "most oppressed". But reading these threads shows the levels of ignorance that continue in the world at large.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
hey, quarterforty, seen the new margaret cho act?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No, I haven't seen the act. Did I accidentally steal one of her bits?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I disagree with you c0le. I don't think that gays should have to 'try' to be accepted. I think that is one of the problems with our society...people shouldn't have to 'try' to be accepted...they should be accepted for who they are regardless. If they don't say they are gay, then they are just like people who are gay, but too scared to admit it because of social destruction. I think that if a person chooses to be gay, then they should be proud of their decision.

Omniscient.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Omniscient]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Cole define what you mean when you say not throwing it in people's faces. On the face of it it's a good point but often when you get down to specifics what this argument actually equates to is (and I'm not saying this neccassarily applies to you) 'it annoys me that your gay and have the freedom to say so'.

Just because the media tends to focus on the outspoken, the flamboyant or the aggressive does not mean the hype translates into the real world. You have probably met and conversed with far more gay people that didn't tell you than those that do.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
Cole define what you mean when you say not throwing it in people's faces. On the face of it it's a good point but often when you get down to specifics what this argument actually equates to is (and I'm not saying this neccassarily applies to you) 'it annoys me that your gay and have the freedom to say so'.

Just because the media tends to focus on the outspoken, the flamboyant or the aggressive does not mean the hype translates into the real world. You have probably met and conversed with far more gay people that didn't tell you than those that do.

Excellent way of putting it ubermunche, I was trying to think of a way to say that.

Omniscient.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
Maybe gays should stop advertizing Hey look at me im gay! tbh noone cares realy untill you shove it into there faces..

You wanna be gay ok thats fine its your business, But being gay doesnt make you special stop trying to be accepted simply because you are gay, I dont go around saying look at me in straight accept me do i?

Straight guy introduces himself and says hi im "insert name here"
Gay guys introduces himself and says hi im "insert name here" and for some reason feels the need to inform us hes gay.

WE DONT CARE.

Im not "cole the straight guy" im cole,

If gays would stop being "insert name here" the gay guy, and just be "insert name here"

alot of the problems they complain about wouldnt be an issue....

I Dont much care for there lifestyle but as long as they arent bothering me, i dont realy think much of it, same applies to anyone regardless of rather they are gay or not.

I agree with that.
I would add that i think everyone deserve the same rights, but i disagree when it comes to a homossexual couple to adpot kids...that is against Nature....and its a half way to make the kid a homossexual too without give him the real view of what it should be.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Krpano,

Could you cite any specifics as yo back up your claim that a gay couple adopting a child is a "a half way to make the kid a homossexual too without give him the real view of what it should be." I am not aware of any studys that show a link between the sexual orientation of adoptive parents having an impact on the sexual orientation of their adoptive children.

I think this argument is just silly. You are either attracted to the opposite sex, or the same sex. You either have brown hair, or black hair, or blonde hair, or red hair, or you don't. Adoptive parents are going to matter little when it comes to your hair color, the same goes for sexual orientation.

-O

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano

Originally posted by C0le
Maybe gays should stop advertizing Hey look at me im gay! tbh noone cares realy untill you shove it into there faces..

You wanna be gay ok thats fine its your business, But being gay doesnt make you special stop trying to be accepted simply because you are gay, I dont go around saying look at me in straight accept me do i?

Straight guy introduces himself and says hi im "insert name here"
Gay guys introduces himself and says hi im "insert name here" and for some reason feels the need to inform us hes gay.

WE DONT CARE.

Im not "cole the straight guy" im cole,

If gays would stop being "insert name here" the gay guy, and just be "insert name here"

alot of the problems they complain about wouldnt be an issue....

I Dont much care for there lifestyle but as long as they arent bothering me, i dont realy think much of it, same applies to anyone regardless of rather they are gay or not.

I agree with that.
I would add that i think everyone deserve the same rights, but i disagree when it comes to a homossexual couple to adpot kids...that is against Nature....and its a half way to make the kid a homossexual too without give him the real view of what it should be.

actually, I read a story in a magazine once about a girl whose "moms" were lesbians. She explained how she was fine with it but the fact that she was not a lesbian. I don't know if this means every adopted child turns out gay but it does tell me that not all of them do.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I sometimes think that this forum is designed to have only posting that is "approved" of. When you want independent thought, it may not be found here.

So I will continue to post my opinion about the gay thing which is in itself a eugeneics movement in order to ensure that only certain people breed and only certain people are given resources available for the future. When they crack down on sex, they never crack down on "homesexual" sex. The only sex they crack down on is heterosexual sex. If you're homesexual, you can have all the sex you want.

Are gays the new blacks? Are you serious? Gays seem to want to be the new "upper class."

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels

Originally posted by yekway
Gay is cool, whats the prob here?!

Exactly! I actually think that gay people add color and brightness to our culture. My sister has a gay guy friend and he is awesome. You can go like shopping for purses with him and have the joy that he is having fun with me.

I don't think that color and brightness of culture is about shopping. If people start thinking that, then we are doomed!

Furthermore, what you see as a color and bright event, I see as a downfall of the male sex. Once a proud warrior, a strong man, a leader, now a weak, pathetic individual. It's pitifull, to say the least.

Of course, every single individual is entitled to act in its own preferred way.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The whole "gay parents will turn the kids gay" thing is utterly bogus.
Gays are largely raised by straight parents, yet it doesn't seem to turn them straight.

The idea is promoted by religious idealougues who cannot cope with the idea that homosexuality is neither a conscious choice nor a learned "bad habit" like smoking. Not because there's any actual evidence for this view, but the idea that a God would create a being with inherent inclinations towards behavior that said God condemns is obviously illogical. Thus in order for them to hold true to their ideology, they have to pretend that it's a conscious choice, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

To all proponents of the "choice" theory, here's a challenge: tell us when you "chose" to be heterosexual. IE what was the point that you were sexually attracted to both genders, but then "chose" to be attracted to only the opposite sex?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
xmotex,

Gays are largely raised by straight parents, yet it doesn't seem to turn them straight.

Great point!

I never really looked at it that way. But you are right.

pfunkrocka,

If you had your post deleted, I certainly didn't do it. At any rate, the point of the title of this thread is not that gays are like blacks, as much as gays are now the acceptable set of people you can descriminate against, much like blacks were before the civil rights movement.

My initial argument is that currently it is acceptable to try and legislate against them, much like in the past it was acceptable to legislate against blacks. That forms the topic that gays are the new blacks.

If you knew that already and were just being silly, sorry for seeming like I'm condescending you or explaining something you already know. It is not my intent.

-O

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
During my lifetime I have seen people being discriminated against because of the color of their skin. I remember separate drinking fountains and restaurants for "Colored People". Our society shamed them for not being white. Then finally, some of these people got tired of being treated like less than human and grouped together to demand their rights.

Gays have had the same struggle. Imagine having to hide who you really are, just to be accepted by society. Imagine having to live a double life in fear of being exposed. Imagined the fear of being shunned by your own family if they found out about your "little secret.”

People are afraid of that which they do not understand. Children in some "Christian" families are being brainwashed to fear and hate those that are "different". They hate because they fear they might be one too.

They are not less than us; they are not more than us. They are us.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
the problem i have with gay marriage is this...Marriage is thru the church. Its not only a legal bond, its a religous one as well. No religion recognizes homosexuality as legitimit. What it is, is a disease filled lifetstyle.

I dont want this crap shoved down my kids throat at school. Ive worked in restaurants for 10 years. Ive seen more than my share of gay people. And I cna tell you this, Ive never met a normal one. Every single one of them I have met, have been messed up, emotional, superficial, train wrecks.

I know that plenty of straight people are messed up to, but I encounter more normal, sane ones, that nuts. I have yet to meet or work with anyone who is gay, that didnt suitcases filled with baggage.

To now tell my kids and me, that we have to accept it is wrong. Yes you are free to do what you want here, but it DOESNT mean we have to accept it.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
To now tell my kids and me, that we have to accept it is wrong. Yes you are free to do what you want here, but it DOESNT mean we have to accept it.

That is the whole point of the thread. Gays are just like blacks. used to be, and still are today to some degree. I apologize if I'm wrong, but aren't you an opponent of inter-racial marriage? See how it is like gay marriage? People used the Bible to discriminate against blacks. You can teach your kids what you like, but the point of the thread was how gays are being discriminated against, just like blacks. Just like you have proven. You don't have to accept blacks, or gays, but don't try to make me not accept them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join