It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gays, the new blacks?

page: 6
0
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As the Daily show once said "When will people realize that this people who act so homophobic are really just closet homosexuals?"


I am not piticularily comfortable around them, and to see a man and a man do anything together still creeps me out a bit, but I have had the privledge and honour to know some very bright openly gay people and once you get past the sterotype(Agree it is very hard, especially with the more flamboyant ones) you come realize that people are people.




posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't think the point of this post was to examine a point by point correlation between the black and gay community, it's simply pointing out that at one time people could quite freely attack and denigrate the black community using uninformed/misguided rhetoric and without fear of consquence, and now society has moved away from this the vacuum now seems to have been filled by shifting the bile onto homosexuals.

In one sense the wording is wrong though as it implies that this is a new thing and as we all know it's as old as the hills.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eazy_mas
How did you became homosexaul? You dont have to answer if you dont want to


I can no more tell you that than you can tell me what made you straight.

There was no 'event' in my life that made me become that way. It just was.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche

Originally posted by eazy_mas
How did you became homosexaul? You dont have to answer if you dont want to


I can no more tell you that than you can tell me what made you straight.

There was no 'event' in my life that made me become that way. It just was.


Really? I have often wondered what ot would be like when you looked at someone the same sex as you and thought "hot damn! what was THAT?" LOL!! Hopefully your "outing" was painless and you got the support you needed. Big UP's!

See I can tell you when I knew I was straight - Jacklyn Smith on the Charlies Angels... That was my Hot damn moment.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I don't think the point of this post was to examine a point by point correlation between the black and gay community, it's simply pointing out that at one time people could quite freely attack and denigrate the black community using uninformed/misguided rhetoric and without fear of consquence, and now society has moved away from this the vacuum now seems to have been filled by shifting the bile onto homosexuals.

In one sense the wording is wrong though as it implies that this is a new thing and as we all know it's as old as the hills.


Plus there's the ever present diversionary rally for power component. An evil movement can wedge very diverse groups in hate. Like hyper wealthy corporate America and the po' white religious "common man" they seek to exploit. Though in that example, gays are just the new jews. And I think you know what that makes the Republican Party.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Passer By
Really? I have often wondered what ot would be like when you looked at someone the same sex as you and thought "hot damn! what was THAT?" LOL!! Hopefully your "outing" was painless and you got the support you needed. Big UP's!

See I can tell you when I knew I was straight - Jacklyn Smith on the Charlies Angels... That was my Hot damn moment.


I was lucky in that once the cat was out of the bag, so to speak, I got plenty of support from family and friends.

There were and still are plenty of 'hot damn' moments, or to use my own vernacular 'phwooaar, getaloada'that!' I just honestly can't remember when it first happened.



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I do agree that gays have become the new group to hate.




In about 10 years, there will be a Gay Martin Luther King Jr.

In about 5 years, there will be a Gay riot

in about 30 years, there will be gays sitting in those rocker chairs, saying "They use to call us F@Gs"



posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
ubermunche, I see you probably read the post below my topic. A lot of people that are posting I think are skipping the first page and the initial points this topic introduced.

However, you summed up my argument pretty well, almost perfectly.

Well done.

-O

P.S. For the record, since people have asked me, no, I'm not gay and I don't know anyone gay who has tried to get married.

I do know a decent amount of gay people I guess, none more than the usual person I would say.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join