It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Report urges troops sent to US-Mexican border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A new report has just been released by Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus which is a group lead by Rep. Tom Tancredo, Colorado Republican urges that the US send 36,000 National Guard troops or state militia to the US-Mexican Border. They are convinced that last Months MinuteMan Project proves that there is a serious need to bolster the number of people to protect the border.

www.washtimes.com
The deployment of 36,000 National Guard troops or state militia on the U.S.-Mexico border would stop the illegal flow of foreigners into America, says a congressional report that credits the Minuteman Project with proving that additional manpower could "dramatically reduce if not virtually eliminate" illegal immigration.
The 33-page report, written by investigators for the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, said the Minutemen — who shut down a 23-mile stretch of the Arizona border last month — served as a model for a government effort to reclaim the southern border of the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I firmly agree with the need to better man the borders.I also believe that the US Goverment, both Democratic as well as Republicans are ignoring the need if not actually supporting the illegal immigration. I am providing a link to the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus website where you can see such simple things as sobriety checkpoints are being made illegal since they require a person to provide Driver's Licenses.... guess what, they have ended up catching more illegal aliens than drunk drivers. How does LULAC interpet this....... Discriminate Against those without Licenses

Related News Links:
tancredo.house.gov
tancredo.house.gov
www.teamamericapac.org
www.fairus.org

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have to agree, it's a wonderful idea. Many politicians and voters a like spend far too much time talking about the border whilst doing nothing to rectify the issue. I think the minuteman project was a wonderful use of our constitutional rights and the fact that it worked makes it all the more important. I would hope that the Minutemen would serve as an example to both citizens and lawmakers alike that if the government will not protect it's people, then the people will protect themselves. The massive influx of illegal Mexican immigration is a state sponsered invasion of our lands and livliehood and up until the creation of the Minutemen the actions taken by the United States has gone from laughable to highly suspicious to down right treason. If our elected officials will not take action to stop this invasion I sincerely hope this country's citizens will, the Mexican citizens have obviously taken things into their own hands, it's time to fight back.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
But will bush heed the report? Is this guy just wasting his breath? Personally, I dont think our borders are of any concern for Bush. He has yet to show it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If, our recent history is of any proof, then no, Bush will not heed the report nor would any Democratic components. This is not a Bush issue or a replublican issue. It is an issue that our goverment as a whole has ignored and may even have nurtured to it's present state.
Look at the recent reports from the border patrol who have stated a number of times that they had received orders to decrease making arrests in order to discredit reports that the minutemen had actually proven useful.
There was a thread on that a week or so here on ATS and there are reports that there is a call to launch an investigation on those allegations

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think everyone should study each politicians voting record and where they stand on border security come election time. Why care about their other positions when they could care less about your security and well-being.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I made mention of the border patrol being told not to make arrests. The link below is from a thread started by subz on this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
whatever happend to that very effective little training exercise that was being conducted last year? the ones where they were training soldiers to use the Predator drones in mountaneous terrain...caught quite a few drug smugglers and human traffickers. They'd set up joint exercises with Border patrol or the local Marines, IIRC.

I remember hearing the OIC getting reprimanded, then later absolved. The system was allowing a single drone and it's support personnel to very efficiently monitor over 100 miles of border. In that terrain, anything at night that radiates heat is easy for the RPV's to spot. Anything over 100 degrees is a vehicle (ATVs being popular) and definitely no false identification.

But, this program would be efficient, and would actually produce results. Government on both sides of the aisle *wants* illegals..one for a slave class for workers, another that doesn't speak the local language so can be easily manipulated. Fox wants them to let off pressure in his country and the American welfare funds they can siphon back home.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Phugedaboudet]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Another sad, transparent racist attempt to sabotage the US-Mexican special relationship. We're allies. I've been asking myself, why the increase in Hispanic bashing? Why put the arm on Christian Catholics who are our allies in the war on terror?

It's because of Bush. Now I'm not saying its his fault; quite the contrary.

Certain non-American power blocks look at Bush, his Texas roots, his Hispanic connections, and they fear a virtual, real, or impending American Union. Then they spread this venom of fear to domestic political hacks who lap it up like pablum and then regurgitate the poison into the mouths of intellectually challenged haters.

No fear, man. If you want the border to be Islamic-radical free, ask Mexico to help. If you want to post Guard there, fine, but teach them to speak Spanish, eat cactus and drink a lot of beer. And to ask first before shooting someone's cousin. It's quite brutal, the desert. Oops, I forgot- a lot of the Guard is Hispanic, too.

Kenshiro. Visit baja sometime.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We definitely need to reinforce the U.S.-Mexican border with troops. It's disgusting that so many illegals can pass that border undetected or stopped. Until an unpenetratable wall can be erected, troops are a necessity.

And the only "special relationship" Mexico has with the U.S. is its seeing us a dumping ground for all their unemployed who can come here and send money back... :shk:

It must be stopped!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Chakotay
I am an american but I am not white.
I do live in texas and yes I have been to baja, california.
I have absolutely no problems with people who wish to enter thsi country legally.
I do have a very big problem with those that wish to enter this country illegally.
I am far being a racist. I am a Cherokee Indian who's family hails from Tenn.
My wife is from South Korea.
To say that I or anyone else that promotes stopping the illegal crossing as being racist is a label that does not sit well on me nor many others.
I have not pointed my finger at hispanics nor any other race or nationality.
You have suggested getting Mexico to help out on securing the border. They have. By providing pamphlets to prospective illegals on how best to cross the border and how best to avoid detection while in america.
The Mexican militia has also helped out a number of time in securing the border. They have done this by firing on the border patrol.
Mexico has no proble securing their southern borders though.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If the border is so porous that literally hundreds or thousands of people can sneak across, there is an other important question. What else is being smuggled in to the US?

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It seems to me that the TSA and Homeland Security could do much better than haggle domestic travelers. They deserve time in the desert doing actual work as far as my tax dollar$ are concerned.

new topics

top topics

join