It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people feel the need to post outright lies about Masons and Masonry?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
I'm not militant (for now) against the "cause" of freemasonry mostly because I don't fully understand freemasonry in general

TxS,

I'm glad to see you put it that way because FAR TOO MANY are adamantly opposed to it (read: militant) who do not fully understand it (most of them do not understand it AT ALL.

but I DO currently oppose it.

Perhas I can help dissuade you. (Perhaps not...who knows, right?)

I will not call freemasonry a religious organization outright but you can't deny the fact that it does occupy a role that persuades people down "different" spirtual paths.

I can deny that. (See below)

Do you understand where I'm going with this?
Honestly, I'm trying to reconcile freemasonry with Christianity but I currently am not able to do that.

Why is that? No where in the Christian Bible (in it's MANY forms) does it say 'Thou shalt not love thy Brother' Freemasonry is all about Brotherly love.

The fact that freemasonry allows for more than one "god" IMMEDIATELY puts it under the category of -apostasy-. A serious version of it too.

Ah! The jist of the misunderstanding. Freemasonry doesn't "allow for more than one God" Freemasonry demands that a member BELIEVE in God. One God. THE Creator and sustainer of all. Not "Gods" (plural) GOD (singular)

What an individual believes ABOUT God or how he WORSHIPS God is left to his own conscience. We do NOT discuss a Brothers personal beliefs (or politics for that matter) in Masonry. We open our meetings with a Prayer to The Almighty (I don't even think resistance can come up with a kooky way to say that God is not The Almighty)

We demand that a member be a good, moral man (yes, there've been bad apples. There is corruption in every organization...even so-called Ministers of God have committed atrocities despite their position)

Despite what people like resistance say, we do not worship Baphomet or Lucifer or Satan. Know why? Because we do NOT WORSHIP in Lodge meetings. We have initiation ceremonies whereby one is made acquainted with the teachings of Masonry and we conduct a business meeting (i.e. pay bills, donate money to charity, vote for new members, or honorary members, etc.) At least I THINK we do. That's the part where I generally fall asleep.

I leave you with this thought by the REV. Joseph Fort Newton (33rd Degree Mason-Grand Chaplain, Grand Lodge of Iowa, 1911-1913)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN IS A MAN A MASON?

When he can look out over the rivers, the hills, and the far horizon with a profound sense of his own littleness in the vast scheme of things, and yet have faith, hope, and courage -- which is the root of every virtue.

When he knows that down in his heart every man is as noble, as vile, as divine, as diabolic, and as lonely as himself, and seeks to know, to forgive, and to love his fellowman.

When he knows how to sympathize with men in their sorrows, yea, even in their sins -- knowing that each man fights a hard fight against many odds.

When he has learned how to make friends and to keep them, and above all how to keep friends with himself.

When he loves flowers, can hunt birds without a gun, and feels the thrill of an old forgotten joy when he hears the laugh of a little child.

When he can be happy and high-minded amid the meaner drudgeries of life.

When star-crowned trees and the glint of sunlight on flowing waters subdue him like the thought of one muched loved and long dead.

When no voice of distress reaches his ears in vain, and no hand seeks his aid without response.

When he finds good in every faith that helps any man to lay hold of divine things and sees majestic meanings in life, whatever the name of that faith may be.

When he can look into a wayside puddle and see something beyond mud, and into the face of the most forlorn fellow mortal and see something beyond sin.

When he knows how to pray, how to love, how to hope.

When he has kept faith with himself, with his fellowman, and with his God; in his hand a sword for evil, in his heart a bit of a song -- glad to live, but not afraid to die!

Such a man has found the ONLY REAL SECRET of Masonry, and the one which it is trying to give to all the world.
----------------------------------------------------

Regards,

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I'd recommend some archival reading to the newer members just to get a flavor of all the players, past and present.
Green Monkeys, not just for envy anymore...

Ah Decretal! Those WERE the days my Brother. Those were the days. Why lately even MrsNecros has been relatively calm and where oh where is soulja when you need him?

You're right a search of the archives would be most informative...and might even give the likes of resistance a "heads up" on what NOT to say, lest he be put in his proverbial place....where ever that may be.

Regards,

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Senrak, good post and incredibly deep I might add. I don't have time to respond the way i want to for now but I do want to address this:

When you say:

"What an individual believes ABOUT God or how he WORSHIPS God is left to his own conscience. We do NOT discuss a Brothers personal beliefs (or politics for that matter) in Masonry. We open our meetings with a Prayer to The Almighty (I don't even think resistance can come up with a kooky way to say that God is not The Almighty) "

This is where I deffinitely get off the ship. I -respectfually- disagree with this wholeheartedly. You can't seperate God from his Word. God is very explicit about how we worship and serve him. If you believe in a -god- that didn't send his son for our salvation then you are not believing in the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD. Senrak, I'm not saying that you don't believe in the True Living God but you are part of an organisation that "allows" other types of "beliefs" It's made clear in the Bible that the whole "body" does not have to be corrupt for it to fall under the judgement of God. Based on this context, again freemasonry IS leading people down "different" spiritual paths. Does any of this make sense?

This gets deep but when I get back I'll post some great scriptures that address this very issue.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by TxSecret]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Lexicon -- Why do you use a picture of Baphomet in your signature logo? A pic of Baphomet being worshipped by Freemasons at that. (Baphomet = Lucifer = Satan = Set = Baal = Bel, etcetera)

It's actually, according to the text within the picture, an image of 'Moloch.' While the image was likely serious in original intent, it is now exhibited (in the same way many other similar images are) as a satirical look at the ridiculousness of the 'reefer madness' of the past. There are no actual freemasons in the image, it is of youths being sacrificed to the god by marijuana 'peddlers' (depicted like demons with horns). However, I chose the image for its similarity with the claims made against freemasons by its many ignorant detractors. Just as marijuana is not the 'evil god' it was once portrayed as, so freemasonry is not the 'evil devil-worshipping cult' it is still often portrayed as.

And how come you guys think might makes right? What makes you think you can make the rules? You just think one hand washes the other and if you cover for your "brother's" crimes he'll cover for yours?

How come you make up stupid stuff like that and claim masons believe it?

df1

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm am useing HIS WORD as a reference as HE INSTRUCTED.

We need to get at the heart of this issue. Do you believe all of the bibles below are the word of God or just one bible in particular? Being human, perhaps you made a mistake and are reading the wrong word of God. Or maybe you have mistaken the devil's word for God's word and you are unknowingly doing the devil's bidding.

New International Version
New American Standard Bible
The Message
Amplified Bible
New Living Translation
King James Version
English Standard Version
Contemporary English Version
New King James Version
21st Century King James Version
American Standard Version
Young's Literal Translation
Darby Translation
New Life Version
Holman Christian Standard Bible
New International Reader's Version
Wycliffe New Testament
Worldwide English (New Testament)
New International Version

This list is not all inclusive, so feel free to add your own personal choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

God is very explicit about how we worship and serve him.

Absolutely. That's why I pointed out that Masonic membership is not WORSHIP. We're not a Church, a religion, etc. We're a FRATERNITY (Brotherhood) We believe in the Brotherhood of ALL MANKIND. Where most anti-Masons get lost is right here. They think because we demand a belief in GOD...we must be a RELIGION.

Based on what you're saying, boys should NOT be Boy Scouts unless they're Christians. Rotarians (members of the Rotary Club) should not be such unless they're Christians. Those of faiths other than Christianity should not be allowed to serve on the local P.T.A. or the Down-Town Merchants Association. Why? Because these groups are "worship" groups. Religions. Right? (Of course not...I'm trying to make a point)

FREEMASONRY IS NOT, NOR HAS IT EVER BEEN A RELIGION. (Upper-case to make a point, not to "yell")

If you believe in a -god- that didn't send his son for our salvation then you are not believing in the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD.

No arguement there, but that same all-knowing, all-loving God did NOT instruct his children to cram Christianity down the throats of those who do not accept it. That's why Freemasonry does not get into WHAT you believe about God...only that you DO believe in Him. Such men tend to (or should) have high morals.

Senrak, I'm not saying that you don't believe in the True Living God but you are part of an organisation that "allows" other types of "beliefs"

But practices NONE of them. Just the Brotherhood of all mankind. Remember that same God we're discussing said:

"My house shall be called a house of prayer for ALL peoples"

It's made clear in the Bible that the whold "body" does not have to be corrupt for it to fall under the judgement of God. Based on this context, again freemasonry IS leading people down "different" spiritual paths.

Based on that context, but the problem is that it's out of context. Freemasonry isn't leading anyone anywere except to be better people and to help one another and their fellow creatures. Remember where God said "Love one another" I could only imagine He approves. Know what I mean?

Regards,

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Resistance, I'm not going to even pretend to understand that last post.. care to eleborate? I'm well aware of God's commandments.

TxSecret, I believe that resistance was referring to your use of "Geez" as a sort of exclamation. "Geez" originates in "Jesus," and therefore, in a strict literalist interpretation, you took the Lord's name in vain.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Df1, I'm not going to answer you on that one but rest assured its really quite simple.. (Really belongs in another thread) But for the record? I prefer the King James Version (1611)

Senrak, I'm out of time but I just want to say i'm not trying to cram anything down anyones throat. Just shining the "light". One thing however and I say once again.. I will not call freemasonry a religion but....

You CAN'T divorce freemasonry from the fact that it DOES have "sway", albeit a very heavy sway on ones spiritual path. (A seemingly veiled sway at that) The devil works through deception. In the Bible, God is very clear about what he thinks about people who lead his sheep astray. (I hate to call people sheep but I'lll be God's sheep ANY DAY.)

I'm officially out of time.. More later.

Best regards too.

df1

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Df1, I'm not going to answer you...

You are being critical of Freemasonry using a religous basis and the word God as a justification for your opinions, but you don't want to answer any questions about your religion or your perception of God. Nevermind. Please ignore any posts that I have directed at you as I no longer wish to participate in your mental masturbation. Have a good life, Im done here.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Senrak, I'm out of time but I just want to say i'm not trying to cram anything down anyones throat.

Nor was I accusing you of it. My point was that Freemasonry does not do that sort of thing...even though many Freemasons (myself included) are Christians.

Just shining the "light". One thing however and I say once again.. I will not call freemasonry a religion but....

Thanks. It's not.

You CAN'T divorce freemasonry from the fact that it DOES have "sway", albeit a very heavy sway on ones spiritual path.

I cannot agree with that. I've been EXTREMELY active for 16 years and my faith remains firm.

(A seemingly veiled sway at that) The devil works through deception. In the Bible, God is very clear about what he thinks about people who lead his sheep astray. (I hate to call people sheep but I'lll be God's sheep ANY DAY.)

What you say is true. However I firmly deny that Freemasonry deceives or leads anyone astray. If a member allows Freemasonry to BECOME his religion...he's missed the ENTIRE POINT of the Order. 'nuff said.

Regards

[edit on 20-10-2005 by senrak]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Uh, Masons, I'm assuming you don't mean the guys who do Bricklaying and such...

I am not very sure about all this, but aren't these the guys from Bohemian Grove and such? Use to work for the Catholic Church to slaughter entire cities of people because one or two would prove the Earth is round or wasn't the center? Weren't they the ones who destroyed the Alexander Library? Masons don't sound to nice to me...

In a word... No.

www.masonicinfo.com...

BTW How do I find a local Mason Lodge/Group/Whatever they are suppose to go to? Yellow Pages? Closest city is Toledo, maybe Cleveland, live about in the middle of those two, so just depends if I want to go east or west 30-35 miles.

Grand Lodge of Ohio

As for you, TxSecret and Resistance, I don't think anyone is missing your point, completely or otherwise.

My point (and indeed it seems to be our point), is that you both seem to be having a lack of fundamental understanding of Freemasonry. This is not uncommon, and I will try to help.

You claim that Freemasons advocate or accept a myriad of gods. This is not the case. What freemasonry does teach is that it is man’s choice to make regarding his particular beliefs and method of worship.

You like to quote Scripture; here’s something for you:

Mat 13:17-23 (Phi) "Believe me, a great many prophets and good men have longed to see what you are seeing, and they never saw it. Yes, and they longed to hear what you are hearing, and they never heard it. Now listen to the parable of the sower. When a man hears the message of the kingdom, and does not grasp it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is like the seed sown by the roadside. The seed sown on the stony patches represents the man who hears the message and eagerly accepts it. But it has not taken root in him and does not last long--the moment trouble or persecution arises through the message, he gives up his faith at once. The seed sown among the thorns represents the man who hears the message, and then worries of this life and the illusions of wealth choke it to death and so it produces no 'crop' in his life. But the seed sown on good soil is the man who both hears and understands the message..."

Therefore, I say faith without understanding is folly. If you believe without understanding the teachings, you believe in vain. You think Christ died so that people can be turds and still get to Heaven? His death was a part of the Message. He was to be our example; to live by his example and to understand and follow his teachings the best we can given our human nature is to prove ourselves worthy of a place in Heaven.

Freemasonry admonishes us to understand our Faith, whatever it may be, thereby improving the man.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I leave you with a quote from my personal favorite Masonic author (so far
), Brother Albert Pike:

From Morals and Dogma, pp.223-224

For every man's conception of God must vary with his mental cultivation and mental powers. If any one contents himself with any lower image than his intellect is capable of grasping, then he contents himself with that which is false to him, as well as false in fact. If lower than he can reach, he must needs feel it to be false. And if we, of the nineteenth century after Christ, adopt the conceptions of the nineteenth century before Him; if our conceptions of God are those of the ignorant, narrow-minded, and vindictive Israelite; then we think worse of God, and have a lower, meaner, and more limited view of His nature, than the faculties which He has bestowed are capable of grasping. The highest view we can form is nearest to the truth. If we acquiesce in any lower one, we acquiesce in an untruth. We feel that it is an affront and an indignity to Him, to conceive of Him as cruel, short-sighted, capricious, and unjust; as a jealous, an angry, a vindictive Being. When we examine our conceptions of His character, if we can conceive of a loftier, nobler, higher, more beneficent, glorious, and magnificent character, then this latter is to us the true conception of Deity; for nothing can be imagined more excellent than He.

Religion, to obtain currency and influence with the great mass of mankind, must needs be alloyed with such an amount of error as to place it far below the standard attainable by the higher human capacities. A religion as pure as the loftiest and most cultivated human reason could discern, would not be comprehended by, or effective over, the less educated portion of mankind. What is Truth to the philosopher, would not be Truth, nor have the effect of Truth, to the peasant. The religion of the many must necessarily be more incorrect than that of the refined and reflective few, not so much in its essence as in its forms, not so much in the spiritual idea which lies latent at the bottom of it, as in the symbols and dogmas in which that idea is embodied. The truest religion would, in many points, not be comprehended by the ignorant, nor consolatory to them, nor guiding and supporting for them. The doctrines of the Bible are often not clothed in the language of strict truth, but in that which was fittest to convey to a rude and ignorant people the practical essentials of the doctrine. A perfectly pure faith, free from all extraneous admixtures, a system of noble theism and lofty morality, would find too little preparation for it in the common mind and heart, to admit of prompt reception by the masses of mankind; and Truth might not have reached us, if it had not borrowed the wings of Error.

[edit on 10/20/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ohhh they are not bad they just want to take over the world and kill half of us??what is bad in that right
First of all from all the research, from all the signs, from enciclopedia for cring out loud this indicates that free masoneri is not clean.
There is over welming evidence that free masonari is something i would say more than a negative thing.
One that might study might come to the understanding that the true god of the free masons is Bal bad bad bad !!!!!!ceck the enciclopedia for this thing but not a newer version of it cause they took care of it and got it out, get a older version of the enciclopedia.
One might argue with out evidence, it might be a paradise to some that argue with out facts , who screams the loudest wins.
I don't think that usual masons are bad simply because they have no idea what is going on.
Piramids Piramids goats goats!!! if any one is going to debate this i think he or she should come with arguments and dismiss them if they have any.
I need solid hard arguments other wise i'm going to belive what i belive.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
df1, give me a break will ya? I don't want to get into why the Bible is my bedrock in this particular thread. Maybe in another ok?

Senrak.."nuff said".. Hey.. that's MY calling card.. lol

Axeman, when you say:

"My point (and indeed it seems to be our point), is that you both seem to be having a lack of fundamental understanding of Freemasonry. This is not uncommon, and I will try to help. "

You are spot on.

But when you say:

"ou claim that Freemasons advocate or accept a myriad of gods. This is not the case. What freemasonry does teach is that it is man’s choice to make regarding his particular beliefs and method of worship. ?

I appologize but I just can't go there with you. Let me focus further..

"What freemasonry does teach is that it is man’s choice to make regarding his particular beliefs and method of worship."

No can do. (Not meaning to flame or anything.)

Ok, since this has really tweaked my interest, I've been "expanding" my horizons of knowledge concerning freemasonry and I'm finding a SLEW of information. I did stumble across one link that I want you distinguished masons to disect for me.. PLEASE read this with an open mind and don't flame it please? I have a bunch of scriptures that fly in the face of what you are telling me but I first want you to read what's in this post.. (there are scriptures in here as well I would like you to address)

www.macgregorministries.org...

Please don't take offense of the title, I'm more interested in the content of the piece and what you guys think about the points and references within.

Disect away please.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Absolutely. That's why I pointed out that Masonic membership is not WORSHIP. We're not a Church, a religion, etc. We're a FRATERNITY (Brotherhood) We believe in the Brotherhood of ALL MANKIND. Where most anti-Masons get lost is right here. They think because we demand a belief in GOD...we must be a RELIGION.

...But practices NONE of them. Just the Brotherhood of all mankind. Remember that same God we're discussing said:

"My house shall be called a house of prayer for ALL peoples"

Senrak -- I don't know what (per)version you got that quote from about house of prayer for all people, but it's not from the KJB. The Bible says, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves. (completely different meaning, yes?)

And this brotherhood of man stuff is rubbish. That's NWO propaganda. Every man is my neighbor, but my brother is no devil-worshipping Mason. My brother is he who believes in God, has surrendered his life to Jesus as Lord.

Axeman -- And I notice you guys like to throw the threats around, that something will happen to me if I'm not careful what I say. That's the only way you guys get your way -- with threats because there's no truth or little truth in what you say to persuade honestly.

I also notice you guys all pick names to do with "light" or some kind of frightening ghoulish kind of name. In fact the names you have for the hierarchy in the Masons sounds much like the KKK, your brothers as you like to say.

Time to close the thread? Time to get me banned? Maybe you have some connections to the owners of this bulletin board to get my e-mail and address so you can do some "forceful persuading?"

You guys are full of it.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by resistance]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
[much silly rambling nonsense snipped]
I need solid hard arguments other wise i'm going to belive what i belive.

Believe what you like. Who really cares?

I firmly believe that a good spell-checker and some grammar lessons could vastly improve your communication.

Was there a point in all that or did someone let you play with the key-board again?

EVIDENCE please....that's all we ask.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Senrak -- I don't know what (per)version you got that quote from about house of prayer for all people, but it's not from the KJB.

Yes, I'd forgotten that a fundamentalist Bible-thumper like yourself is keenly UNAWARE that there are other translations out there than the one that was "Authorized" by King James.

"My house shall be a place of prayer for all people" (Isaiah 56.7).

Try the New Revised Standard Version ..... try a couple of other versions. You'll find that your particular (per)version (as you so wittingly said) isn't all that's there.

The Bible says, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves. (completely different meaning, yes?)

Certainly. Because it's a completely different Book and Verse. YES????

And this brotherhood of man stuff is rubbish.

Yeah, somehow I didn't figure you'd understand that. How very Christian of you. [shrug]

That's NWO propaganda. Every man is my neighbor, but my brother is no devil-worshipping Mason.

Neither is mine. Because what you just said is utter nonsense. What you're doing here is called TROLLING and quite frankly it's not even very GOOD trolling.

My brother is he who believes in God, has surrendered his life to Jesus as Lord.

Wow. Guess that makes you my Brother, huh Brother???? Because I have (whether you think I can as a Mason or not) ((Remember the old "Judge not...."???) Or does the Bible that wasw "Authorized" by a dead British Monarch leave that out?

Axeman -- And I notice you guys like to throw the threats around, that something will happen to me if I'm not careful what I say. That's the only way you guys get your way -- with threats because there's no truth or little truth in what you say to persuade honestly.

(ahem) BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I also notice you guys all pick names to do with "light"

Yeah. You'd think evil-doers would pick something that had to do with DARKNESS, wouldn't you? Go figure.

or some kind of frightening ghoulish kind of name.

Like "resistance" huh? That's frightening.

In fact the names you have for the hierarchy in the Masons sounds much like the KKK,

Yeah. "Cyclops" sounds a lot like "Commander" and "Kligrapp" sounds much like "Secretary" and "Night-Hawk" bears a STRIKING resemblance to "Junior Deacon" now doesn't it? HA HA HA HA HA You're a RIOT resistance. I haven't had this much fun on the list in a while. You really are wonderfully entertaining.

Time to close the thread? Time to get me banned?

Nah. Believe me, at the rate you're going...you'll do that ALL BY YOURSELF. Several have come and gone before you and unfortunately there'll be more just as ridiculous as you who'll come along after you've picked up your toys and gone home.

Maybe you have some connections to the owners of this bulletin board to get my e-mail and address so you can do some "forceful persuading?"

No. I can ASSURE you that there's not ONE member of this board that cares enough about you or your silliness to want to know who or where you are. Besides, we Masons have "second sight" (or didn't you know that?) We don't need the ATS owners to tell us about you...we know the location of EVERY bridge that has a troll under it...even yours.

You guys are full of it.

Maybe, but we're willing to share it with you.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Senrak.."nuff said".. Hey.. that's MY calling card.. lol

Sorry. Seemed appropriate.

"What freemasonry does teach is that it is man’s choice to make regarding his particular beliefs and method of worship."

No can do. (Not meaning to flame or anything.)

So you're saying man shouldn't THINK for himself? I wonder why God gave him a brain then?

Ok, since this has really tweaked my interest, I've been "expanding" my horizons of knowledge concerning freemasonry and I'm finding a SLEW of information. [snip]
www.macgregorministries.org...
Please don't take offense of the title, I'm more interested in the content of the piece and what you guys think about the points and references within.
Disect away please.

Tx, to be honest, I for one do not have the time or the inclination to do your research for you. I will offer this though. Sites such as the one you list which spread misinformation and half-baked ideas (read: lies) will lead you nowhere. If you want to "expand your horizons of knowledge concerning Freemasonry" as you say....try LEGITIMATE sources. And I don't mean JUST those written by Freemasons...although there are some incredible ones out there.

I've already posted the link to the on-line version of the excellent book: "Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry?" If you'd read that (IN IT'S ENTIRETY) I think you'll come away understanding a LOT about Freemasonry.

Mis-quotes and misunderstandings coupled with verses from the Bible chosen to "fit the needs" of the writer are not reliable sources for such research.

A quick explanation. If I wanted to say it's wrong to kill because the Bible SAYS so, I could quote "Thou Shalt Not Kill!" (Note that I used the KJV so resistance will be able to keep up.)
I could stretch that further and proclaim that to spray week-killer or to chop down a tree or simply slap a mosquito is a blatant violation of the Law of God because He said NOT to kill. (See how easily that can be twisted to fit my particular needs?)

On the other hand I can just as easily say that it's actually OK to kill because in that same Bible (in Ecclesiastes) it says "There is a time to kill"

Hate-mongers and other opportunists who prey on the weak-minded by selling the tripe aforementioned are VERY fond of utilizing Bible quotes chosen to fit their needs. They also LOVE to take bits and pieces of Albert Pike's "Morals & Dogma of the Ancient & Accepted Rite of Freemasonry" and twist them around to make us look evil.

Oh well....the assuring part of it all is that this is nothing new and likely isn't going to end soon. However, that being said, I REFUSE to be labeled a "devil-worshiper" (which is what resistance called me) and not stand up for myself.

Lack of knowledge of Freemasonry leads to misunderstanding...you're on the right track by at least weighing both sides, but when weighing the Freemasonry side...use good sources, please. I can recommend a ton of good books if you want to U2U me or e-mail me.

Regards

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For the last time!!!

Freemasonry is not a religious institution and as such places no
importance on anyones, members or non members, religious views. We are a
group of god loving god fearing men who believe in the chief tenants of
morallity upon which all major religions lie and were founded. Prophets
and gods alike we view with equal respect as we know that there is only
one true god and the various prophets were simply different messengers
of that same god spreading the same message to different peoples at
different times. To think that Christianity is the only true way or that
Islam is superior in faith and truth to hinduism is foolish and shows a
practice of intolerance. Intolerance by the church the Jesuites the
Nazis and more contemporarely the different waring tribes around the
world has lead to the masscre and genocide of many at one time or another throughout history. Far too often the motivation
for these actions has been what would be termed now as crazed religious fanaticism, killing others simply because of a difference of
opinion, a difference of religion.

There is no excuse for such actions nor the opinions that foreshadow
them.

Freemasonry does not deal with Satan in any form or context within its
teachings, lectures or rituals, the same can be said for lucifer.
However as learned tolerant individuals of all godly faiths we do study a
vast array of differnt religious historical and esoteric information.
From time to time lucifer and Satan may fall amongst them. This however
is no different than a Christian asking his pastor or priest about
Satan in hopes of better understanding the being in order to beware of it.
After all, how can one truly know and understand god without fully
understanding the extent of the devil. Simply studying something does not
mean you align or affiliate yourself with that subject.

Freemasonrys goal is to seek, promote and preserve truth, light and
knowledge so that those things may retain their integrity and be available
to those men found worthy willing and well qualified in the present day
as well as future generations. So that these men may utilize these
things to improve themselves and thus improve the society around them.

Secrecy is required because unfortunately the world is not a tolerant
understanding open minded arena for the propogation and discussion of
ideas and notions ancient in origin but forgotten contemporarely by most
and viewed as "new" by the masses. Furthermore the knowledge deposited
within is irreplaceable and many have given their lives to ensure that
it would be available today. The world is a taintful place, and if
allowed out in the open our teachings rutials and secrets would be changed,
diluted, misinterpited or even destroyed within a few decades. This of
course can never be allowed to happen and thus myself as well as every
other Freemason would gladly give his life before betraying the secrecy
of our craft.

Freemasonry and its teachings are of the greatest good, have always
been and I pray to RA (my personal choice of theology) will always be.

To the East!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Senrak -- Re:
"My house shall be a place of prayer for all people" (Isaiah 56.7).

To read the chapter this verse is placed in, the reference to "all people" means all people who have joined themselves to the Lord -- whether they be a stranger, a eunich or a nonIsraelite. It refers to, as in verse 6, those that "join themseles to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, and be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenanat; Even them..make them joyful in my house of prayer: ...

So this verse does not mean some brotherhood of man, universal church, world religion type of connotation at all. It means just that anyone is welcome in God's House if they love God, believe in Him, and serve Him.

Just to get that straight.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So this verse does not mean some brotherhood of man, universal church, world religion type of connotation at all. It means just that anyone is welcome in God's House if they love God, believe in Him, and serve Him.

Key words:"Anyone is welcome in God's House if they love God, believe in Him, and serve Him."

Exactly, God, not Christianitys God, not Islams God, just the one and only G-O-D. Sounds a lot like Freemasonry to me.

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join