It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Werewolves?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Before I start let me give you a late welcome, I have been following several of the threads you are in and think you will be a great addition to board.

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

The thing is, most serial killers don't consume the body parts (not physically, at least); it's apparently a relative few who do this.

I was under the belief that most do but eat a relatively small amount, or drink a little blood, just as most take souvenirs. I don't remember where I got this info (I think the Discovery Channel) but will back track to see if I can find a link to back it up

I could be wrong, there is a first time for everything

They would not have to eat parts of the victims anyway, local animals would do that. Its the body count I am mainly thinking of, a few close villages losing several members in a short period of time. Among the superstitious it would be easier to blame a werewolf then the kindly village goat herder.

Because serial killers are something of an obsession for me

Me too. You have to wonder.....WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING????? I don't see how someone can look at a young woman or child and think....God I want to strangle them and have sex with their corpse

The phenomenon of serial killers is predated by werewolf mythology,

I have to disagree here. How do we know this? How long have serial killers been around? Just because we have just started recording it doesn't mean it just started. Two cases stand out in my mind, but I cant remember their names, the Vampire Lady in Romania and the French Noble that fought with Joan of Arc, both serial killers.

Creepy, innit?

I agree there

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I had a friend who did a lot of research on how the phases of the moon affect human behavior. He went around to hospiatals and police stations all over the city to collect the dates and times of all crime in the past six months (this took a while).
When he finished, his results clearly indicated that the most murders, robberies, and crime in general occers on or around the time of the full moon.

Just a little tidbit of information that I thought I'd throw in while we were on werewolves.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thankyou for such a gracious welcome!

There's a rather neat site here which goes into some of the historical (and indeed, hysterical) aspects of serial killing throughout history.

I think the likelihood is that serial killers have been with us for centuries. Belief in werewolves though, has been heavily suggested and more commonly believed (and documented) since Caligula's time (who it has to be said, had some Very Odd habits of his own. Ahem).

Then again, you could be absolutely right - the omission of documents relating to serial killers doesn't necessarily mean that none existed.

Perhaps it's down to definitions and societal norms, and the nature of mythology versus factual reporting. Or lack thereof

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
oh well what I mean by a spiritual therian was there's some sort of sect or spiritual path that these people follow who believe they have this some sort of innate animal in them and produce various effects such as mental and point shifting. I'm not saying they could be an answer but they might be able to lead you on to something.

as for the point shifting try a more scholarly search engine...hmmm i forgot some of them...erm start with google and add + symbols in front of the keywords such as this: (+point +shifting)

those might help.

Biokinesis yes, is hard to find anything. but with any unusual ability do you think anybody would step forth to be a guinea pig? Not many probably. But if you keep sifting through the fluff, facts should surface; hopefully.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i dont believe in such stories like werevoles...
they dont exist. its just people making stories to scare others or its just their
imaginations doin too much work to make them popular or cool.
the wolf to human or the other way around thing is totally crazy.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I believe in the existence of lycanthropes, in the sense that they are nothing like the hollywood production, but more like olden fokelore.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Dear humans of the internet,

My name is Faust Ricktofen and I am a werewolf. Now some of you are right and some of you are wrong. First off we do exist. We are spirtual beings that take on the form of humans when we come to this world, second, we can not turn into a dog or a wolf we are stuck in human form as long as we are alive. We are simply humans that shair the traits of or have the soul or a werewolf, we have atributes of werewolves (like lots of hair, muscular legs and arms, and better sence of smell) but we can no longer change. We are very agresive and get angry very easily. Also, the medias rendition of werewolves, false. We don't change at the full moon, we aren't inpervious to everything but silver, we die like everything else, and we aren't blood thirsty mindless killers.

Thank you and have a nice day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join