It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in Werewolves?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Do you believe in Werewolves? If you do, please post a message.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't, but I will still post.

They don't exist. There is no evidence of that.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Not really the whole man turning into a dog like animal not possible.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by bloodlust11009]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well I believe that if there is werewolves they aren't anything like the movies or popular folklore say. To me, it would be that it is someone who has made a deal with the devil for power or some crap and that he would have to become a beast and kill for Satan.

Then there are people with that disease that cause unsightly hair-growth all over the body. There have been a few people that have became famous from working in a circus.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatchedcross
Well I believe that if there is werewolves they aren't anything like the movies or popular folklore say. To me, it would be that it is someone who has made a deal with the devil for power or some crap and that he would have to become a beast and kill for Satan.

Then there are people with that disease that cause unsightly hair-growth all over the body. There have been a few people that have became famous from working in a circus.

That's what my sister believes!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well, this is an interesting topic since werewolves have been sighted in europe & the US over the last 600 years or so. One of the most famous ones is the bray road beast. this one is fairly recent, but was sighted in wisconsin, of course it was first sighted on halloween so thats suspect in my opinion. people still dress up and go out in strange places to scare people.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lycanthropy, the term for the transition of man to wolf, is an infermidad. The crap about a man growing hair, huge teeth and eating little girls in red capes and their grandmas is purely legend, myth, stories spread by fear and ignorance by peasent folk from mountain village to mountain village 400 years ago when an exageration immediatley became the truth.

Truely there are people affected by the lunar cycle..and they go a little crazy when its full..but they dont physically change and howl at the moon like my ex wife..

And NO i dont believe...

[edit on 20-5-2005 by andy1972]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, yes, I believe in spiritual therianthropes and have actually talked to a few of them. It's an interesting worldview.

Do I believe in people who grow hair and turn quadruped -- no, and niether do the therianthropes.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Isn't it more likely that the werewolf myth grew out of it's Eastern European tradition, much like nosferatu did in Romania, and then got picked up by writers and others with a creative imagination in the west. Most likely the werewolves were just large and particularly agressive wolves who would go a bit mad from the lunar cycle.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A lot of the time people would use a local hallucinogenic plant, like belladonna, and believe that they would morph into animals.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is there something that makes people have hair all over their face and body, yes. And I feel sorry for those people, always getting made fun of because they look like an animal. Some people, sheesh.

Is there something that makes people turn into wolves, no.

I do believe however that many people have had spiritual visions of being a wolf. Mainly natives and whatnot, not whitey whites.

I can't remember what the medical term is for people who have excess hair, but it really is bad. I mean, all over the place, faces just full of hair.

-O

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like your avatar!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I saw one down at Trader Vicks drinking a Pina Coloda and his hair was perfect
Warren Zevon

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I read somewhere that the legend started with feral children. there have been several cases in which children have been raised by wolves. And the whole full moon thing is based in superstition. However, ask anyone who deals a lot with people and they'll tell you that people act different when it's a full moon.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Lycanthropy seems to settle the problem nicely. also, there is the whole child raised by wolves thing. These stories intertwined, it seemed, and this created the werewolf.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I belive in them, My grandma.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
In a sense I do, but in a sense I dont.

To think of it Logically:

No i dont believe any human is capable of turning into a wolf, in the old centuries ( like 14th Century and all) there were cases of Lycanthropy all around which i believe sparked the whole "WereWolf" Idea. That would be the most logical. Then you have Native Americans, nature "witch doctors", and the like that believe Spirit guides ( I believe in this) can change a person's aspect of life and all. OR even having past lives as a wolf. when i was a Kid i used to howl at the moon everytime there was a full moon. It made me feel great and it still does

To think of it in an Abstract way:

Yes i believe in Werewolves. You cant say that there have not been weirder things going on in this world than werewolves alone. I believe that it IS possible to aquire some ability to have the mentality of a wolf at will (NOT refering to lycanthropy). There are many unexplained things on this earth. In my mind the thought that werewolves did roam or still do doesnt halter my thoughts about it. I mean come on, Where did the thought of Mermaids (half woman, half fish) come from? or Centuars (half man half horse), why not half man half Wolf? I wouldnt be supprised if humans could use 100% (cus i believe we use only between 5%-10%) of their minds that they could turn into a wolf ( or any creature for the matter) at will. Yeah it takes an open mind to Fathom the thought of a wolf and a man. But If u are open minded, then you cant really say that it is Impossible.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Lycanthropy, the term for the transition of man to wolf, is an infermidad. The crap about a man growing hair, huge teeth and eating little girls in red capes and their grandmas is purely legend, myth, stories spread by fear and ignorance by peasent folk from mountain village to mountain village 400 years ago when an exageration immediatley became the truth.

Truely there are people affected by the lunar cycle..and they go a little crazy when its full..but they dont physically change and howl at the moon like my ex wife..

And NO i dont believe...

[edit on 20-5-2005 by andy1972]

great post andy1972 thats what i believe also, its all myth and legend thats been totally blown out of proportion and hollywoodised, kinda like the vampire but thats another story.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Of course I believe...I even know one! Remus Lupin!

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, there are different classifications...

Lycanthropy can be:

1) A mental illness, as defined by psychologists
2) A spiritual experience, as Byrd mentioned....
or
3) A genuine physical condition, such as this fellow...

or the Aceves family of Zacatecas, Mexico...

www.guinnessworldrecords.com...

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join