It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Minorities Allowed To Take Calculus In Oregon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Four hundred years of oppression, and you honestly are going to state that you can not see how the present generation has benefited from it? I do not think you are being entirely honest with yourself there.

I do not know your personal, or familial, financial history, however I think we can all admit that blacks are on the bottom of the scale as far as economics are concerned, and have been since this countries inception, no?

That being said, had segregation not existed in the past , would white America be as successful as they are now? Hölle no they wouldn't! Would there be less whites in the upper middle class? You bet your Esel there would be! Would more blacks be financially stable , if they had had the opportunity to profit from their labour? You bet your Esel they would be.

To say that they current generation has not reaped any of the benefits of institutional racism, is simply false. True they are not responsible for it, but they do reap the rewards none the less.

[edit twice for spelling]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

How utterly ignorant of you. How utterly racist. And how very enlightening.

By your own distorted logic then, blacks themselves deserved, by karmic law, to be enslaved and treated as second class humans. Racism isn't limited to whites. Long before white men and their slave ships arrived on African shores, Africans themselves warred with one another, enslaved and massacred people of different ethnic backgrounds. When they whites showed up, it was often Africans themselves who traveled inland and captured slaves to sell to whites. They often would capture tribesmen from small, ill defended communities, because the urban Africans felt them stupid, inferior, and worthy of only slavery. What comes around goes around indeed.

Of course, your constant battle whine of 400 years of oppresion conviently overlooks the fact that not only did black slavery go on long before the creation of America, but whites werent the ones originally doing the enslaving. The ones who brought the concept of black slavery to the white world were none other than the Arabs, who even before the rise of Islam, often traveled along the east coast of Africa, kidnapped slaves, and sold them in auctions back in their desert kingdoms. The Spaniards, the first whites to start trading in black slaves, learned it from their former Moorish occupiers.

And racism spans all races. I grew up in California, and perhaps the most blatently amd openly racist people are the Asians. Most Asians make it well known they do not like blacks and Mexicans, and only tolerate whites. Many Mexicans do not care for blacks. And blacks themselves often are openly racist of Asians. Remeber a few months ago, the black radio station in Manhatten that was criticized for the black DJs who played the Tsunami song that totally degraded asians and their suffering?

Whats even more interesting is that this racism is perptrated by whites against whites. Its not minorities who are creating this racist policy, but liberal, fascist whites (yes, liberal AND fascist). And if I were a person of color, I sure as hell would find their policy patronizing and insulting. These white people like to consider themselves as valiant protectors of persons of color, as if minorities are stupid, helpless, defensless imbeciles who needs benevolent whites to create special circumstances and special treatment for them. If anything, I find the actions of this college's Multicultural board to be racist and condescending, not only against whites, but against persons of color. Such activity simply feeds into stereotypes that minorities are stupid and need special treatment to achieve what whites do. his also helps feed fires of resentment, and increases sympathy for white supremecist groups. Yet these liberal scum are too stupid to see the obvious.

For instance, why do minorities need special environments to feel more comfortable? This statement flies in the face of equality. After all, we are all supposed to be the same. If white students were to try and form a class of all whites, wed have these liberals practically crucifying them. Its sickening. Only the basest, most ignorant of people would approve of this. Something like this only creates many more problems, as if we dont have enough.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You have voted Skadi_the_Evil_Elf for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You have voted Skadi_the_Evil_Elf for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Simple solution, sign up as a minority. IF the students there are sick of this kind of BS, thats what they should do. Have all the 'white' kids sign up as 'black'.

I've been giving that same advice to friends with kids about to enter college. There are no legal definitions for 'white', 'black', 'hispanic', etc. If you say you're a minority, then you are.

Of course, you should do that for high school as well. Once the colleges figure out people are playing the system, they'll start looking more closely at high school transcripts.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is trying to compensate but as usual its overkill. yes, slavery was wrong but the fact is there isn't a black alive today that was ever a slave. so how do any blacks today deserve reparitions? now if the whites at Oregon university wanted to change this simply withdrawl and go to a different school. They will change their restrictions real quick.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This is trying to compensate but as usual its overkill. yes, slavery was wrong but the fact is there isn't a black alive today that was ever a slave. so how do any blacks today deserve reparitions? now if the whites at Oregon university wanted to change this simply withdrawl and go to a different school. They will change their restrictions real quick.

If only you were right. There are a lot of blacks alive who not only were, but are slaves. The Victimization spokespersons like Sharpton and Jackson prefer not to talk about them, since a large portion of them are Sudanese blacks held as slaves (and I just don't mean kidnapped sex workers, as horrid as that practice is, but real chattel slaves) by other Sudanese, primarily northern Arabic Sudanese.

But here in the United States? Of course not! You're absolutely correct.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
phoenixhasrisin I wouldn�t go as far to say blacks built America. Yes blacks did their part. Staying with reality the population of African people in America was much much less 150 to 300 years ago in porportion to the white population. Further others were laboring to build America too; farmers, construction workers, free thinking scientist, authors, architects exedra. They had the of course had the fortune of being white and not slaves . As I said Blacks made their contribution too , a very sadand cruel one, but were not solely responsible for America.

Night elf , you got my vote too .

[edit on C:Satocu05e5 by Opus]

[edit on C:Satocu05e5 by Opus]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
I've been giving that same advice to friends with kids about to enter college. There are no legal definitions for 'white', 'black', 'hispanic', etc. If you say you're a minority, then you are.

Actually, there is a legal definition. In order to qualify for any of the affirmative action "benefits", you have to have 1/8th of your geneology being part of that minority. That's only enforced for people in situations like my own, where most physicial characteristics are caucasion and I just look really tan. I'd have to prove it, were I ever to decide the government owes me for being born. That, however, isn't likely to happen as I wouldn't even collect unemployment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join