It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles 2005

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.amtsgym-sdbg.dk...

Even if the debunkers are too lazy to prove their theories, we at least have theoritical evidence and others (who have made the circles) to back our claims. I have yet to see evidence of anything other than a man made crop circle. The typical issue rebuttle to this would be microwaves, timeloss, aliens, etc...but very little coroboration. The funniest I heard was maps, next to that perfect circles or summthin...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was trying to think of the name of a kit I had when I was a kid that allowed you to make complex geometric designs by placing a pen in a circular set of gears on a piece of paper...Spirograph. It is amazing what complex to simple geometry you can create by a rotating around fixed point inside a circle...heres a website for you cropcircle makers:

www.wordsmith.org...

doesn't seem like otherworldly technology to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dunno where I stand on Circles but as mentioned in some other thread I feel the ratio of circles in England compared to most other Coutries is to great. So I'm doing a balancing act on the fence.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by van001
I was trying to think of the name of a kit I had when I was a kid that allowed you to make complex geometric designs by placing a pen in a circular set of gears on a piece of paper...Spirograph. It is amazing what complex to simple geometry you can create by a rotating around fixed point inside a circle...heres a website for you cropcircle makers:

www.wordsmith.org...

doesn't seem like otherworldly technology to me.

Yep, i see it now, theyre probably doing it with a giant spyrograph and a pen, with the greatest of ease

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
No, that suggests that the circle was formed with a length of rope and a single center point.

BTW, elipses are not that hard to do either

Jammer, thanks for posting the pics. I noticed the one with a clump of trees has a formation around it too.
Now 'splain to me how a string could be centered in a clump of trees?
Oh, but I know you'll find a way, balloon right? Or maybe stilts... or a high jumper. How about the design was laid out before the tress grew up?
I'd still like to hear you explain it away anyway...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Keybored, with GPS would you need to center the design using string???

Maybe they used a plane and someone on the ground with radio communication to center it during the day, and then came back to actually create it.

my shot in the dark is still maybe some smart engineering students or robotics geeks have designed a GPS guided crop bot which they use to create the elaborate ones.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Actually, laying out a curve or a circle is a basic civil engineering skill

I have no doubt that the circle artists are familiar with basic surveying and layout processes.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
LOL now tell me why they would go to all that trouble to create a hoax when there are so many other ways to dupe? I have to wonder what affiliation you are aligned with since nothing anyone says will make you even consider that there is at the least a possibility that some of these are legit. How can ice circles be formed then when the ice is too thin to stand on?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Lonegunman, I realize that some people believe that crop circles are created by aliens, not because of the evidence, but because they want to believe that.

This is just wierd. How did you end up addressing me when I wasnt even involved with this thread? I wouldnt have even gone to this thread if you hadnt mentioned answering me about this threads subject in another one.

My question is why in the heck did you do that HR, you had me on your brain with that much intensity, or are you going by some kind of list and accidently cross referenced me? Who the heck do you work for? Something really stinks about this, I can smell it.

by ShroudOfMemphis
He doesn't try to prove anything, he tries to disprove other peoples beliefs and will go around and around in circles until people give up - he's a professional debunker but in this case, he hasn't got a leg to stand on. You will watch this thread turn to mash potatos if Howard tries to keep it alive, watch the known proof be ignored as he introduces pages and pages of pointless information from other professional debunkers.

I seem to see that HR spins exactly like the government does. He will twist and turn things around, come back and lie backspin, frontspin until you get a headache, lose all ineterest in a thread and give up. HR is a disinformation agent, I have no doubt in my mind.

Again why did you reference me HR when I had not postd in this thread yet? Did you accidenly cross reference me on your computer program that is tracking the people that are onto some truths?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No, that suggests that the circle was formed with a length of rope and a single center point.

Huh? What are you referring to?

That's like me responding with "Yes, it does." Without reference, the post has little meaning.

Of course ellipses can be made by human beings, but this small unknown fact of many crop circles labeled as "genuine" adds incredible complexity to the whole process of not only laying out the design, but in performing the actual "hoax" once out in the field. How do they account for the roll of the land? How do they figure out how deviante a circle should be to match the overall picture when viewed from above.
Any point in an of itself (such as circle shape) can easily be overlooked and discounted, but taken on the whole and looking at the big picture with respect to ALL of the properties associated with "genuine" circles, the skeptical position cannot stand.
I do not discount the fact that humans have physically created some of the most complex patterns found. Humans can do amazing things. What I find amazing is the extraordinary skill and precision that is performed over and over and over and over and over all over the planet. If hoaxers WERE making all of these, then we have an equally interesting phenomenon going on. Why would humans suddenly feel the desire to do this? What's the drive? How did they develop such incredible skill so quickly? Where do they practice? How is it that they are virtually NEVER caught in the act?
It simply doesn't add up.

Alas, the other side of the coin is that humans have been sequestered to create man-made "hoaxed" designs to hide the truth. They are the equivalent to the disinformation campaigns launched after the Roswell incident.

Perhaps what would be more interesting about the crop circle phenomenon would be not "if" some are genuine but rather, what are the creators creating them for?

That is what we should be talking about because that is the most important aspect of crop circles.

Peace,

~Jammer+

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Perhaps what would be more interesting about the crop circle phenomenon would be not "if" some are genuine but rather, what are the creators creating them for?

KUDO's Jammer, the crux of the enigma's. There is really only one possible reason, to record and records are made to be read. If you don't know how to read a foreign language, the universal language of math is the fallback.

It would be intersting if we had crop circles in 3D but we don't, at least not yet. (other than that face and I don't know if its legit thanks to dumbasses that muddy up the water) Perhaps when the message doesn't get interpreted the creators will start sculpting out there messages in snowbanks or sand dunes but I feel they must think we have enough intellect to interpret the circles in the dimension they are left in and in the medium they are left on.
Who knows, it might just be some elaborate joke on us perpetrated by aliens as an experiment in our natures just to see what would happen. Kind of like Pavlov's bell. I don't believe this however, I am convinced there is hidden meaning and had focused my efforts along those lines. Accepting them as real is the first step in trying to break the code.

As for the actual message, its my belief that they are trying to guide us to an understanding and in this there has been progress made by several people. Doug Ruby wrote a book called "The Gift" whereby he contends that these circles are (some of them anyway) a powerplant. My own understanding is of a higher dimension that is attained through the application of a different means. Internal combustion engines are primitive and harmful never mind that they waste most of their energy in heat loss.

If we don't learn from things around us, we are retarded. If we dismiss them away as meaningless, we are naeive. The hoaxers hurt the efforts of serious research in that if it isn't accepted, people won't look at it from a different angle...(outside the box) and we'll never know if we don't try to understand them.

Why all the disinfo to undermine research? The Brookings report is still probably being adhered to. I for one am worldly enough to accept what I don't know and not feel threatened by the unknown. Maybe I'm wrong, but what if I'm right? I keep an open mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The trouble with making crop circles is that it is seasonal work.

Some very beautiful designs in there.

Are they more prevalent in The British Isles than elsewhere?

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I agree with keybored that crop circles could be a message, but only as works of art, or as "the medium is the message", unless someone finds a definite key to their translation.

Another interpretation would be that crop circles are a byproduct of some procedure. Consider a digital signature: it is a meaningless sequence of digits. Suppose we didn't know what a signature was and received messages with these mysterious numbers appended. If we tried to find meaning in the numbers, or a clear relationship between the numbers and the content of the message, we would fail.

Crop circles could be a signature of some kind, markers of something.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't know all that much about crop circles, but bne other crazy off the wall thought I had besides the GPS guided crop bot was that maybe they use a helicopter perhaps even an RC one with a crop stomper board that is dropped, pushed or pulled. This would allow them to see what they were doing from the air, and not leave a trace on the ground. I would imagine that there would be some evidence of rotor wash, with other crops being pushed down etc but maybe not

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, the crop-circles are made by man made satellites. Who owns these satellites then, and why are they making crop-circles with them?

My hypothesis is that they are owned by the same people who own basically the entire world -- the Illuminati. This is a moniker given to those that rule the world by us, the NWO researchers, as they (the Illuminati) will tell you, the illuminati as a group doesn't exist anymore. Fair enough, but I still choose to call them illuminati.

Ahem, anyways, anyone who has done any research into this area (the Illuminati) will agree with the connections to the Freemasons, and anyone familiar with the masons know about their love of Geometry or Sacred Geometry, and of mathmatical symbolism in general.

The first tests of these satellites were simple geometric shapes and I would say they would be considered successful in accomplishing the desired result. They haven't stopped making them for a few reasons I can think of.

1. The Illuminati just love keeping people in fear with the UFO/alien conspiracies.
2. By keeping the crop-circle researcher's attention on either aliens or hoaxers, those that are actually creating them are ignored almost completely.
3. The patterns are getting more and more complex as the satellite is getting more rigorously tested and maybe even multiple satellites are working in tandem.
4. The Illuminati are using the sacred geometrical symbols to communicate with aliens or maybe just each other in someway.

I guess my agenda here is to open up the debate a bit, as concentrating on just two sides may make the debate easier, it doesn't cover all areas of possibility.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
The trouble with making crop circles is that it is seasonal work.

I'd like to see one of those designs stomped out in snow with no footprints around.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You know, so would I. Though I had read about these 'horseshoe' type footprints in the snow that went along a farm and were gone at the barn and corn shack, and when they looked on top there they were and continued down the farmers field.

But yah, how about something in the snow?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Some more 'doug & dave' magic:

Marden, Nr Chirton, Wiltshire.
Reported 9th August 2005

Touching on Mayan spiritaul beliefs here:
www.sacredroad.org...

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

[edit on 11-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Are they more prevalent in The British Isles than elsewhere?

Estimates by crop circle researchers state that approximately 80% or so of the more than 10,000 documented crop circle formations are found within a 40 mile radius of Stonehenge.
Additionally almost all are found over chalk and greensand aquifers in that area.

For more info on this aspect of crop circles you can check out www.sacredbritain.com...

Peace,

~Jammer+

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
jammerman, can you tell me what you think about what i said in my previous post ?

I personally think that genuine crop circles are really connected with the strange balls of light often seen above these formations. I would be interested to know what you think about this.

Thank you very much.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join