It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well this is quite interesting. Something I have taken note of while re-reading Revelation, that I BELIEVE to be true in a way. Please hear me out, this contains my own interpretation of the prophecy but isn't my prophecy.

Revelation 12:1
A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman c
lothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars

That right there is the E.U. flag.... count the stars.

Revelation 12:5
She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

In all technicalities, the EU did give birth to the US. Could this be the son that is spoken of?

I know this isn't much as of yet, but I will add more in time. comments thus far?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Interesting find..
Tell me what you decipher from Revelations chapter 13 concerning recent events.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
whats is E.U. stands for?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
in the revelation theres a part there telling about a locust whos sound is like a thousand horse and the sting of this locust can cause 3 months of sickness..
My own intepretation of this is the locust that was mentioned there are the war helicopter existng todays that carries biological weapons. this helicopter sounds like thousand of horses. in the view points of the the visionary since he donot know what is this he tell it as what he understood with it in accordance to his time. So i do believe that the time of great battle or war is upon us now.In our time .

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

whats is E.U. stands for?

E.U. stands for European Union, just replying that.

I think it's an interesting find about the E.U. and the 12 stars. The helicopter thing though....that's a bit odd....not too sure about that myself.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The EU didn't give birth to the US, it's only been around since the 1980's I think.

There's a lot of symbolism in Revelation that points to the EU and this could be another interpretation - a sign in the sky when the Sun and Moon enter Virgo, and the European Space Agency has something to do with it? Hmm...

I like the interpretation of the locusts. I was looking for events happening in revelation a few months ago and came across a passage about scorpions given the power to hurt but not kill men. A few days later there was an ATSNN article about a new microwave weapon that was going to be used in Iraq this September - it could burn people's skin at 100 yards but not kill them. The article said it was going to be mounted on a "Stryker" armoured vehicle, so I looked that up and lo and behold, the Stryker is a "Scorpion" class vehicle.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Revelation 12:5
She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

From this verse most Bible scholars agree that the the woman is Israel (12 tribes) since the son that is destined to rule all nations is caught up to God. The son has to be Jesus. I don't think you can apply this to the United States. How can the US be caught up to God and his throne? I really like living in the US, but I don't think it's so great that it will rule with God on his throne.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I really like living in the US, but I don't think it's so great that it will rule with God on his throne.

Shame on you, you haven't been listening to your Prez...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
just to clarify I didn't mean the country would be caught up to the throne of God to rule with God, but, if the rapture is prior, the majority of citizens from the US would be brought up to heaven.

However, I too have been leaning towards the idea that it is Jesus.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know that David Eells speaks the truth about the end times. I had some very specific prophetic dreams that I later found by chance on his website www.americaslastdays.com. The exact same dreams confirming by the Holy Spirit that David teaches the truth.

The MP3 audio files that David produces and distributes on his site free of charge have made the Word of God alive to me as no other source ever has. They speak to end time events, the sovereignty of God, the foreshadowings and allusions to later events in old and new testament books. The sum total of the work that the Lord has given to David point to a level of engineering of the Word far beyond what we can conceive.

I recommend to everyone to spend their time listening to David's MP3 files and stopping the playback at each Bible verse and read it in context after asking the Lord to guide you into all truth, to teach you the truth in all things. You will be amazed as the Word opens up to you as never before over time. It is flat amazing to me. David has no theological degrees and will be the first to tell you that God uses those considered foolish to confound the wise and degreed.

For those who question me, Jesus Christ is the Son of God who left His heavenly glory to become a man, born of a virgin, who walked among as fully man and fully God. Jesus died on the cross, a horrible death, and took on Himself to become a curse to that we might receive the blessings and grace of God. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day and lives victoriously sovereign, seated at the right hand of the father, until all enemies are placed under His feet. Jesus is come in the flesh now in us as we yield our lives to Him to allow Him to take over and bring His kingdom to this earth.

Spend your time on www.americaslastdays.com. You will find the truth there.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Biblically America is the daughter of Britan. If that helps.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted by: mythatsabigprobe: I like the interpretation of the locusts. I was looking for events happening in revelation a few months ago and came across a passage about scorpions given the power to hurt but not kill men. A few days later there was an ATSNN article about a new microwave weapon that was going to be used in Iraq this September - it could burn people's skin at 100 yards but not kill them. The article said it was going to be mounted on a "Stryker" armoured vehicle, so I looked that up and lo and behold, the Stryker is a "Scorpion" class vehicle.

I've never heard this before, this is an excellent example, IMO, of how the disciples used metaphor to describe the things they couldn't fully understand.

Great find and also, IMO, this is what it means when the bible says this:"Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it"revelations 1:3

Those who do study it, will be better prepared for what's to come. Insights like this will be key.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Biblically America is the daughter of Britan. If that helps.

lol i know what you are talking about with this. It just sounds funny because it talks about the cubs of a bear or something in the bible while what you said is true of how you would speak now. If you can understand what I just said. It is kind of my thoughts jumbled right there.

P.S. I will update this in within the week, I promise. My goal is to try and have all of revelation "translated" once this thread is done; but revelation isn't easy so we will see.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
just to clarify I didn't mean the country would be caught up to the throne of God to rule with God, but, if the rapture is prior, the majority of citizens from the US would be brought up to heaven.

However, I too have been leaning towards the idea that it is Jesus.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

What in the world makes you think that the majority of citizens from the US would be brought up to heaven, if the rapture is true?
What U.S. do you live in?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in the rapture. I'm not a believer, in today's use of the word. But I have studied the bible academically in comparative religion courses when I was in college.
Where in the bible do you extrapolate this notion of rapture from? I've never been able to figure that out.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
In all technicalities, the EU did give birth to the US. Could this be the son that is spoken of?

The US was "born" in 1776 (officially, anyway.) The European Union was "born" after World War II:
www.oasis.gov.ie...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
irrelevant. europe still gave "birth" to the us. the idea that they just recently adopted the EU title is trivial.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You guys got the right idea about the EU but the wrong content. Here is some EU imagery that speaks volumes about Revelations.

www.despatch.cth.com.au...

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ryan

From my own personal studies, as best my understanding, the woman from Rev. 12:1 is the true Christian church is clothed with the sun (Son-Jesus Christ). I have yet to understand the moon, but I am still studying it. A crown symbolizes kings or rulers. The stars that make up this crown are the twelve apostles.

Rev 12:5
Jesus, the man-child, was born of the church to rule the world with an iron rod upon his return after being caught up to heaven three days after being crucified.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.raidersnewsupdate.com...
I believe this is more second advent or "antichrist" event than raputure...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join