It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the pledge of allegiance be ritual brainwash?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
There'd be more people denouncing the Iraq war for starters.
There'd be more people calling for Bush's impeachment.

I don't know about that, but things would certianly be interesting. I mean, the flag, I like it, but its just a war flag, a convention of a particular time and place, whereas the constitution, thats what the state is all about.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I pledge submission to the flag, and to the United States of America; and to the empire for which it stands, one nation, under corporations, invisible, with the illusion of freedom and justice for all....... amen.....

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
I pledge submission to the flag, and to the United States of America; and to the empire for which it stands, one nation, under corporations, invisible, with the illusion of freedom and justice for all....... amen.....

Sorry, but we are going to have to take out the 'amen'. It has religious implications.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer

Originally posted by Kushi_Master

Sorry, but we are going to have to take out the 'amen'. It has religious implications.

I just thought it sound finalized that way..............

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Even if you don't actually say the pledge, it is still permanently engraved in your memory, and it will affect the way that you think. That is how i see it.

Actually I can't remember all of it, so the brainwashing devices must not be working very well.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
There are some who believe the Pledge should not be said at all. I tend to agree...it starts "I pledge allegiance TO THE FLAG...."

You should give your allegiance to your country, not to the flag, and certainly not to the government. So actually the whole "under God" thing tends to be a bit irrelevant.

What do you guys think?

Times have changed. Back then, flags were important to show what laws (and government) you believed in. So "I pledge allegiance TO THE FLAG...." states you believe in the USA government and laws. The flags on a vessel shows what laws you abide by. Even today, there are stories of people flying old USA flags on their property, and the sheriff's will go back and read those laws and abide by them before stepping on that land.

The flag is much more than a sign of loyality.

Is the Pledge of Allegiance an attempt to brainwash? Of course it is. Is it a bad thing? I don't think so. If you don't love this country, there is no one forcing you to stay. The sooner you pack your bags and leave, the better for all of us!

Can't you comprehend how hard things were in the 1770's, and these people still took time out to fight the British, or during the Civil War, and how important freedom was to these people? And then there was WWI, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Have you no respect for these soldiers?

If you have no love for this land, or form of government (a republic), or for the history that has brought us to here, then get out - now! If you plan on doing nothing to continue our freedom, then you deserve none.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Is the Pledge of Allegiance an attempt to brainwash? Of course it is. Is it a bad thing? I don't think so. If you don't love this country, there is no one forcing you to stay. The sooner you pack your bags and leave, the better for all of us!

Canada here i come!
no, really. If i stay here, must i be americanized? See, its brainwash. Or atleast i don't like it very much.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwas

It has nothing to do with loving the country, this has to do with disagreeing with the administration. Unless of course you mean that each time you vote for a president those who loose should leave the country?

In fact i'm sure the administartion would prefer to win over those voters that are against them, but it would probably suit their purpose better if the opposition did leave, leaving only those that agree, and don't question.

Those that are happy to be told what to do, and who to hate.

As I mentioned earlier, it's conditioning.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
well you dont see many other countries pledging allegiance to their country

singing the national anthem is nice, but a pledge of allegiance is a little sick imo especially little kids saying it

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
It has nothing to do with loving the country, this has to do with disagreeing with the administration. Unless of course you mean that each time you vote for a president those who loose should leave the country?

In fact i'm sure the administartion would prefer to win over those voters that are against them, but it would probably suit their purpose better if the opposition did leave, leaving only those that agree, and don't question.

Those that are happy to be told what to do, and who to hate.

As I mentioned earlier, it's conditioning.

Oh, excuse me then. I didn't realize the Bush family had anything to do with approving the Pledge so that 80 years later the nation would be brainwashed into accepting their Grandson.

Since this thread is about bashing Bush and not about the Pledge, I'm outa here!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwas
Oh, excuse me then. I didn't realize the Bush family had anything to do with approving the Pledge so that 80 years later the nation would be brainwashed into accepting their Grandson.

Since this thread is about bashing Bush and not about the Pledge, I'm outa here!

I not sure anyone mentioned Bush, except you that is, and if you can stay in a thread long enough, you might want to check the various conspiracies regarding the Illuminati/New World Order..etc...etc

It looks like your conditioning is almost complete, except for the going off and sulking bit, as opposed to arguing your point.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Koka]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No, no one said anything about Bush. You made that asumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join