It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dinosaur stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
here are some stories that i found on the net

Dinosaurs from the twilight zone

If living dinosaurs in Africa and South America seem at least marginally conceivable, the presence of such creatures in the United States or Europe exist hardly need be stated-flatly impossible, at least this side of the twilight zone. Probably unsurprisingly, this consideration has not entirely prevented the occurrence of a few reports anyway. A couple of examples are offered here for their curiosity and entertainment value.

In a letter published in the August 22, 1982, issue of Empire Magazine, a Sunday supplement, Myrtle Snow of Pagosa Springs, Colorado, wrote that in May 1935, when she was three years old, she saw "five baby dinosaurs" near her hometown. A few months later a local farmer shot one after it took some of his sheep. "My grandfather took us to see it the next morning," she said. "It was about seven feet tall, was gray, had a head like a snake, short front legs with claws that resembled chicken feet, large stout back legs and a long tail."

But these were not her only sightings. There were two more: (1) "1 saw another one in a cave in 1937, but it was dark green." And (2) "On October 23, 1978, as I was returning from Chama New Mexico, about 7:30 P.m., in a driving rain, I saw another one going through the field towards the place where I had seen the one in 1937."

In 1934 a South Dakota farmer claimed that a giant, four-legged reptile forced his tractor off the road before disappearing into nearby Campbell Lake. Investigators found huge tracks on the shore. Prior to this sighting sheep and other small animals had been disappearing mysteriously.

An Italian man reported being attacked by a 15-foot reptile, like a dinosaur," at Forli in December 1970. Fifty miles northwest of there, in June 1975, a monster appeared in a tomato field near Goro and badly frightened a farmer named Maurizio Tombini, who press accounts said "has a reputation for seriousness."

The story was widely publicized but poorly reported in the Italian press; no entirely coherent or comprehensive description of the creature emerges from any of it. A careful reading indicates that the creature was about 10 feet long and eight inches around, with legs and feet which left impressive looking tracks. Tombini likened it to a "gigantic lizard" and denied it was a crocodile. According to police, several other people also reported sightings. They declared that the creature had a wolf-like howl.

German anomalist Ulrich Magin asks, "Could it have been the most southerly sighting of the Austrian 'Tatzelwurirn'?" The tatzelwurm ("worm with claws") is a strange, sometimes dangerous animal which, though unrecognized by zoology, figures in a number of sighting reports in the Alps and in one dubious photograph. Some theorists have suggested it is an unrecognized species of large lizard.

i think that dinosaurs could still be alive. Here is the website www.skygaze.com...

what do you guys think are dinosaurs still alive or are they dead.

added 'ex' tags

[edit on 15-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think that if there are still dinousars alive, then they would most likely be in the unexplored jungles of Africa and South America, where there are many local legends of sightings. I also believe the stories about sea creatures like the Loch Ness Monster, and feel that these are dinosaurs that survived the mass extinction.

There is still so much of this world that has yet to be explored, especially in the depths of our oceans. We're going to be discovering new species and species that we thought no longer existed as long as we're on this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
There are definitely dinos still around,with all of the unexplored places in the world, and all the undiscovered species still to be found. I mean, how the heck would an asteroid wipe every single organism of the planet? There is a much higher chance of the dinos being deep-sea critters, though

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Dinosaurs have to be alive. A giant meteor or what ever supposedly have killed them couldn't have killled them all

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Dinosaurs are cool!!!

please read this link www.abovetopsecret.com... about 1-line posts

removed 'all caps'

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
dinosaurs should play world of warcraft

please read this link www.abovetopsecret.com... about 1-line posts

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
There are many stories and legends... and even a few pics...

there are still vast areas that hold unknown creatures in many parts of the world...
Africa and South America, then there is also Indonesia, Malaysia, and even China, and Russia... one story hails from Madagascar...

Then you have the notable successors to Dinosaurs... crocodiles, monitor lizards, turtles, etc...

and then you have the various "extinct" species that haven't been seen since their origin, but neverless pop up off the african coast in abundance (ceolcathe for example)

If i am not mistaken, the Ceolocath is from the time of the dinosaurs...
If they made it this long... then others could also...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
While it would be nice to think some dinosaurs are still alive ,I would have to say where are the fossils after the meteoric impact about 65million years ago (I think)

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Fossil record does sortof die out after that... but we also haven't looked everywhere, maybe the saharan desert is flush with post extinction fossils, but you cant get to them without multi million dollar excursions

who knows, but fossils should never be used to exclude, but include only...

we haven't found many fossils of animals that we know had to exist... (missing links)
but have found many new ones of animals we never knew about before... so fossil evidence might someday be used to prove that dinosaurs are still alive (or at least didn't die off when we thought)...

new topics

top topics

join