It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where did whites come from

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
as far as them being portrayed as whites that really isnt what im looking for im more interested in how whites play into the whole migratory pattern of man given most studies ive read seem to link man back to africa and a dark skined origin. From what point did the light skinned people start apearing and better yet why? ( meaning what caused the mutation or was it a mutation )

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente

Does this explain how a "Middle Eastern" or "Semitic" Jewish Jesus came to be portrayed as a White European looking dude? After all everyone wants "God" or the "Savior" to look like themselves – after all it says right there in Genesis: "God Created Man in his Image".

Thats actually sounds pretty darn good

So that could explain why Jesus is typically portrayed as white......

Never thought of it like that

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
as far as them being portrayed as whites that really isnt what im looking for im more interested in how whites play into the whole migratory pattern of man given most studies ive read seem to link man back to africa and a dark skined origin. From what point did the light skinned people start apearing and better yet why? ( meaning what caused the mutation or was it a mutation )

I believe the answer you are looking for has been said many times is this thread.

From what point did the light skinned people start apearing and better yet why?

When they started migrating from ethiopia or wherever they came from.

( meaning what caused the mutation or was it a mutation )

Adapt and overcome my friend, survival of the fittest.
We change color to adapt to local settings.
That's why generally speaking, the farther from the equater the whiter you get over the many hundreds of generations that have moved on from the starting point or birthplace of man.

It is a mutation, a very slow one.

[edit on 21/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
minniescar, this may help...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Okay... the anthropologist's turn to answer this...

First of all, the term "race" is misleading. There are ranges of skin tone and they really overlap. You can find very pale skinned Africans (not albinos) and very dark skinned Caucasians. Some of the oldest dark-skinned Caucasians live in India (and some of them have almost black skin.)

He also brought up the movie the passion and how the bible had said jesus was of darken skin with coarse hair ( cant remember the exact words) but of course old mel gibson wouldnt put an ethnic man as jesus becuase no one would go see the movie.

Actually, the Bible doesn't say what he looked like. Modern scholars believe he looked like just another ordinary man from the Middle East (look at any picture of an Iraqui or Turk or Afghani, etc. Just like that.)

I have been told that the feminized (long golden brown hair, blue eyed) version is actually a modified portrait of King James. This is interesting and ironic.

However this got me to thinking about it , where did whites come into play? I mean if i follow history in the eveolutionary timeline and peoples migrations it seems that the earliest of man came from africa then migrated to the middle east and then to europe. Up until you get to europe historically i dont see whites being in the mix, maybe im overlooking something or just not up to speed on racial migratory patterns.

Because there's a wide range of skin tones and because this can be culturally based mating preferences, we have no clue when those with paler skins began to dominate northern areas. We're probably looking in the range of "a million years or more."

There ARE some physical changes that happen when people live in these climates. Paler skinned ones tend to die off quicker in the tropics (I'd never make it!) from skin cancer. Tall people tend to die off in the very extreme north (Bering sea, Alaska, etc) because they lose body heat too quickly.

But humans of all skin colors have always comingled and found mates. We don't have any idea of the time line, other than it was more than 200,000 years ago (and probably more than 500,000 years ago.)

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It was the Great Constantin that adopted Christianity as an official religion of the Roman empire...then the Roman empire was divided, and Vyzantine artists painted Jesus as a Balcan-type person, i.e. white-caucasian but with black hair and a slightly darker skin.

And then there was the renessaince artists who portraited Jesus in an even lighter shade.

The truth is that Jesus is always portraited as 'one of us': blond hair-white in Anglo-saxon territories, brown hair-white or black hair-white in Mediterrannean, black in Africa. And that's natural, because people would like to feel that Jesus is 'one of them'.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by masterp]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe this will answer some questions....eventually.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Quote: "Vyzantine artists painted Jesus as a Balcan-type person, i.e. white-caucasian but with black hair and a slightly darker skin.

And then there was the renessaince artists who portraited Jesus in an even lighter shade.

The truth is that Jesus is always portraited as 'one of us': blond hair-white in Anglo-saxon territories, brown hair-white or black hair-white in Mediterrannean, black in Africa. And that's natural, because people would like to feel that Jesus is 'one of them'."

Yes I agree!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Why couldn't Jesus have been white? There were plenty of white Romans in the area, and it is a rather vague attempt by some to claim that Mary was raped by a Roman soldier who was the true father of Jesus. White people probable originated from the Steppes in western Russia were whites meet orients or Caucasians and Asians.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sorry for leaving the discussion however i had to get offline yesterday and i just now got the opportunity to get back.

Unfortunetly this thread became something other then that of which i wanted due to me stating how i came to wondering the question. As far as the color of jesus is concerned he could have been green for all i care it matters not to me. What does matter to me is the fact ive never really seen a timeline of man showing the mutation/evolution that pale skinned individuals began to exist. Allthough i do enjoy the additional information that has been offered and perhaps ive learned some things i did not know it still leads me back to where i started.

I understand why people have different skin pigmentation due to the sunlight/solar rays in there area thats not really what im after here.

Let me put this into perspective , i live in an area that has a great amount of ingnorance that leads to racism and as i was taught the color of a man skin means nothing it is how the man lives that makes him and this is how ive chosen to live. Some of these individuals that live in my area that are racist are also very knowledgable of science but at the same time ignorant as to the fact that skin color does not change the man, so of course it interests me to look into the migration of man and how it appears to me that the original evolution of man leads back to a black man or a man of color not to the white aryan pure BS that some seem to be so biased into beleiveing is the only pure form of man.

On a side note i was speaking to a friend of mine last night ( he is black ) and he was stationed in etheopia at one point in time in his military career where he was a MP. He told me the worst thing you could do was call an etheopian black and i assumed this meant they would be offended at the term but he went on to inform me that no actually the etheopians he met insisted they where not black, they actually where quite hateful towards him and used racial slurs when reffering to him. For some reason i kept thinking of a scene in the movie the JERK where the mafia is telling steve martin how they intend on keeping out the undisirables and for those of you that have seen the movie you know what comes next.........those of you that havent seen the movie need to rent it.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I believe the question that is asked was misunderstood

The question should be, Where does the straight hair and colored eyes white man fit into the gene pool?

Me being one of them I have asked the same ?

Some theories of mine are,

1 We are a byproduct of homo whatever person mating with an ape(I know sick)

2We are the aliens that came to the planet some thousands of years ago and bred with the dark skinned or played with their genes so there would be more diversity

rtcctr

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I too found this thread interesting, And after many posts from people not getting the point i think you were after.

I used the old Google and found this article which seems to show the family tree so to speak.

www.freewebs.com...

Does that answer anything ?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Whites came from a genetic variant of the albino. In Africa you have albino traits show up every once in awhile. This is between a black male and black female. No white dudes involved. My guess is the genes were passed on from generation to generation. If an albino male was to impregnate a black African women then the child could come out mixed or brown in this case and thus start a whole new ethnic identity.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

syrinx high priest no offense however Google will return the same bs crap that has been pumped into society that Jesus and any other possible religious figure in history was Caucasian. Think about it when you see the poster that shows the evolution of man from ape to current man he is white isn't he.

ROFL you cant be serious.... no one has "pumped" this supposed bs. The paintings of Jesus from the renaissance are the only references to a white Jesus. I don't think anyone other than this has misrepresented Jesus as white most people understand that Jesus looked middle eastern you know "Olive Skinned"

as for where white people came from... has anyone ever heard of melanin... when the body is exposed to less intense sunlight i.e. further from the equator they needed less melanin in their skin so it stopped producing it as much and white skin evolved.

Originally posted by Gazrok

He could have been very very dark or white and blonde, we have no way of knowing and it just isn't important, we are all one species no matter our little differences.................

Very true, but it's a lot like the pink elephant in the room. Everyone knows it's there, but nobody wants to talk about it...
(racial differences that is)

Who really gives a damn? It's not something that should be talked about because it makes no difference. White black yellow green purple orange puce it makes no difference we are all humans everyone wants the same things and we all eat rice.

[edit on 25-10-2008 by constantwonder]

[edit on 25-10-2008 by constantwonder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join