It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking religion (mainly Christiantiy)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So god is not to blame for all he creates but people are to blame for not helping in one place while helping in other parts of the world and we are now helping in Africa (started by Britain we rule!!!!!) BUt now your gonna say that god made the tsunami to help people couldnt he have sent a less murderous sign like a box of choclates. And cant he inform his belivers in Africa that they are just killing themselves and others. The your describing the tsunami as good well I can tell no one you know has died in it.

Or let's go for another side Balir and Bush are good because only a couple of 1,000 people died.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croatoan
I challenge you to present scriptural proof that "we" are equal to God.

Could you perhaps show proof that...as you said...

"There is substantial evidence in some papers circulating if your interested that AIDs as we know it is a humanly engineered disease spread through the initial vacination of these communities with the Hepatitis B shot. (Might not of been the Hep B but was a similar vacination - at any rate thats off topic.) "

Thanks.

(I realise it's a little off-topic - if need be, we can start another thread)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
BUt now your gonna say that god made the tsunami to help people couldnt he have sent a less murderous sign Or let's go for another side Balir and Bush are good because only a couple of 1,000 people died.

Every part of creation was and is affected by sin. When sin was introduced into creation even the weather was affected. War is a result of sin.

Mankind chose to rebel against God, so we are experiencing a world without God in charge. God is letting mankind see what it's like if we run things by ourself. That will hit it's ultimate climax during the tribulation.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You cant debunking religion (mainly Christiantiy) because you dont understand it, but you can reject the son of god.

Also most religions are like (in the case of Christianity) we are the church do what we say and youll live forever happily. If you dont then youll go to hell and be forever punished. This what we say is like donate money to us even though we already are the richest 'charitable orgnisation' in the world.

Well the problem with atheists is that they usaly don't even know what there talking about (in this case Christianity)

do what we say and youll live forever happily

I dont know were you get this stuff, true Christianity says god chose his people before the world was made. u see you dont have a chose you where damned with disbelive before the world was made.

Ephesians

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

For you are a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

I wasnt speaking to myself i was stating my opinion so others could read and react to it and its not that i hate religions its just i cant help voicing my opinion lie this im like that

it's your opinion and you cant prove anythig you say to be 100% true.
and its natural for you to feel this way, I mean how would you feel if every body is talking about something you cant see, feel, or understand.

Christianity isn't fair.
YAHSHUA jesus crist said: you don't have the power to choose to belive in me and inherit an immortal body in the day of resurection because i have chosen my people before the foundation of the world.

:bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I dont know were you get this stuff, true Christianity says god chose his people before the world was made. u see you dont have a chose you where damned with disbelive before the world was made.

Really?

Then that means that people were damned before they had a choice?

Then how fair is it?

If one never had a choice to begin with...how can one be punished for it - or even chastised for it - later?

FWIW, many of us non-Christians have spent many, many years studying both Christianity and comparitive theology in general; don't assume that Atheist = clueless.

Some of us know more than you may think....disagreeing your point of view doesn't mean that your point was misunderstood.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandtEvery part of creation was and is affected by sin.
But Jesus died 2,000 years ago for our sins according to you and your ideology, so why then do you care about sin? he died, you/we/all generations are saved, what is this silly contradiction you continue to propagate?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Really? Then that means that people were damned before they had a choice? Then how fair is it? If one never had a choice to begin with...how can one be punished for it - or even chastised for it - later?

Christianity isn't fair.
John 1:12,13
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13,children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

who are these people can you choose to be one of them? Lets see
now this is in the O.T but it exacly the same in the N.T
(O.T)
euteronomy 7:6 For you are a people (those who received him) holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

Tis not about us it's about GOD
(N.T): Ephesians 1:4,5 According as he hath chosen us (GOD) in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5'''''Having predestinated''''''' us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom '"thou hast given me"", be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 10:25-30
25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

But Jesus died 2,000 years ago for our sins according to you and your ideology, so why then do you care about sin? he died, you/we/all generations are saved, what is this silly contradiction you continue to propagate?

Jesus only died for the children of God which where chosen before the foundation of the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Not sure why the attention to Christianity for this thread vs religion in general.

These kind of threads sorta baffle me. For individuals that do not believe in a God and/or a religion, why the obsession with trying to prove it does not exist? I suspect due to the wonderul religious right that us Americans have to suffer with we are not coming off as some "christian" country. Well, there are extreme people and groups everywhere and the average christian is not too keen on there right wing anymore than the rest of you are.

Religion/Faith is a system of belief and often a very personal one. Yes, there are structured relgions and ceremony but that is not the heart of religion. That is a shell that allows for information to be shared and for people with similar thoughts to gather (sorta like this ATS site). If you can get past the shell and look inside what you have is faith. Faith is a part of my soul and my heart and I know it is there and I know it is true.

I have seen many posts on aliens as well as some other wild stuff on this site and often from posters that state they have no proof but really really believe. Well, so then I guess they must be wrong too? I know I will sometimes tease about aliens but the bottom line is people do have a right to their thoughts and feelings.

Religion is as much a part of reality as anything else posted on this site. The question I have for you is, if you do not believe, why bother with the subject at all?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memorialday1999
The question I have for you is, if you do not believe, why bother with the subject at all?

Because you who do believe insist upon trying to dictate to me how I am to live, who I am to love, what I am or am not supposed to put in my own body, what I am supposed to think, etc...., all based upon YOUR interpetation of something that I don't even believe in.

Personally, I believe that if the "God" of the Christian Bible actually exists as potrayed, then such a petty, vengeful, egotistical and cruel being is not worthy of worship anyhow. Are you people absolutely sure you are worshiping the correct being? I wouldn't think that The Creator of the Universe would need to throw tantrums, get angry, or condemn his own imperfect creations to an eternity of misery just because they were made imperfect from the start. Sounds like a child playing a video game to me.

I think almost all religions and those who place their faith in them are guilty of the most astounding act of hubris imaginable. I believe that no one on this planet is physically or spiritally qualified to speak responsibly and truthfully about what God is, what God wants, or what God may require of us. Those who maintain that they KNOW any of these things are deluding themselves and trying desperately to delude the rest of us as well. Religions have been trying to fuzz the line between knowledge and belief for almost as long as there has been religion. It's sad that it seems to work with so many people.

Usually, I don't have to debunk religion. Most religions debunk themselves quite well if you ignore what they say, but pay attention to what they do, and to what evils they justify with their unproven beliefs.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Every person has to chose to accept this forgiveness for it to be valid for that person. Choosing to reject the salvation offered by Christ is also a choice.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NOw this is probably gonna be said to be wrong but if god is so almighty and merciful. But how come he killed his own son but won't kill the devil.

Also I heard somewhere Adam and Eve had two boys then died.... so there's insest and some weird genetic annomally.

Furthermore (I love adjectives) Even if Adam and Eve did have a girl there would still be insest for at least 2-3 generations which would cause deformaties which would just accumalate adn they would become so deformed they would die.

Also on Adam and Eve - 2 blood types but we have 4 main types now so even though I'm not big on genetics ain't this also theoredically impossible

NOw finally doesnt the genetic deformaties go for Noah and his family in the great flood(even thought there is no evidence for a world wide flood although there is one for the black sea and mederterainian (spelling?) so the bible isnt realy a very sound account of a world flood)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join