It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s loses worldwide it network, most restaurants can’t serve.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Mac Donald’s have suffered a worldwide it outage affecting restaurant in a number of countries.

This seems implausible, although in this day and age, security in most it networks seems a low priority either the massive number of companies, being hacked or otherwise.

www.news.com.au...
edit on 15-3-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

I got a McDonald's delivered yesterday.

Worst delivery service ever.

Waited nearly an hour and a half for delivery.

Had to call the driver 3 times because he got the postcode wrong and delivered the food to 2 wrong addresses.

Then when he finally arrived he handed me my drinks bag containing a milkshake and Pepsi upside down.

The bag was already leaking, cups came right through the thing and covered me and the hall carpet in a sticky mess.

Then he had the audacity to proceed to give us the burger and fries bag, which had been apparently sitting in his own bag amongst the leakage from the drinks package, the whole thing, and entire items within were sodden through.

Told the fellow this was ridiculous and that i would require another delivery, fellow simply shook his head and had the audacity to tell us he was not responsible for the state the food reached us.

Called JustEat and got a full refund, but i don't think i will be ordering food from that particular McDonald's ever again if that's what their delivery service entails. LoL

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That’s awful, it sounds like a turnoff.

I used Uber eats once the food was cold, though I guess the drivers don’t care as they are lowly paid.

I prefer hungry jacks the whopper with cheese kicks butt.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 04:57 AM
link   
And in other news there’s a surprise increase in global life expectancy

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Back when I could eat gluten, I used to like McDonalds breakfast sandwiches. McGriddles I think they were. Bacon, egg, cheese, and a maple flavored bun. mmmmm

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Could this be a deliberate cyber attack?
I know a certain group of protestors constantly target Mcdonalds lately,maybe they have caused this?
Only speculation.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I’m loving it…..your comment.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

It’s a quick recovery if this was a worldwide issue, makes me wonder how many bitcoins changed hands to get the keys back.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

It’s a pretty massive attack, if it was an attack.

Thought to have this happen on such an international scale is suss.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I used to enjoy the odd quarter pounder or Big Mac, though the prices have become expensive for what it is.

Rather go to the independent fish and chip shop and get a hamburger with the lot and some potato cakes.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hahaha they can't serve food because their dumb, unhygienic touch screens are down probably.
Good.
We don't eat that crap but used to sometimes, very rarely go in and have some, maybe whilst shopping, to have a break.

I remember the day we vowed never to go there again.
Toucacreen didn't have a no salt in fries option, there was constant beeping going on from their cookers, the places were to sit were in 'zones' to make it easier to hand us the food and kids were running around screaming.

It's a place for robots, not humans.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I agree I can’t wait for most of the minimum wage retards to get out of the way.

They can’t cook or clean they lack the very fundamental basics of producing any kind of quantifiable work.

And no it’s not because they “don’t make a living wage”. It’s because they are stupid dregs that are actually way past their comfortable end of the pool simply being a cashier or flipping burgers, they are completely red lined in terms of their capacity.

Can’t wait for no more slow cashiers(the kind that have worked at the same place for 20 years but have to look for every bar code) l

Can’t wait for no more retarded restaurant workers.

Overall I feel like a unfeeling cold robot who will just do its job will be infinitely better then what ever retarded drug addicted humans we try slot in.
a reply to: Hecate666

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ummm...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

It was probably for the best...McDonald's doesn't sell real food...

You should have tipped the driver...for saving you a trip to the ER...or multiple trips to the...Loo...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I got a McDonald's delivered yesterday.

Worst delivery service ever.

Waited nearly an hour and a half for delivery.

Had to call the driver 3 times because he got the postcode wrong and delivered the food to 2 wrong addresses.

Then when he finally arrived he handed me my drinks bag containing a milkshake and Pepsi upside down.

The bag was already leaking, cups came right through the thing and covered me and the hall carpet in a sticky mess.

Then he had the audacity to proceed to give us the burger and fries bag, which had been apparently sitting in his own bag amongst the leakage from the drinks package, the whole thing, and entire items within were sodden through.

Told the fellow this was ridiculous and that i would require another delivery, fellow simply shook his head and had the audacity to tell us he was not responsible for the state the food reached us.

Called JustEat and got a full refund, but i don't think i will be ordering food from that particular McDonald's ever again if that's what their delivery service entails. LoL

Your McDonalds serves Pepsi???

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Hahaha they can't serve food because their dumb, unhygienic touch screens are down probably.
Good.
We don't eat that crap but used to sometimes, very rarely go in and have some, maybe whilst shopping, to have a break.

I remember the day we vowed never to go there again.
Toucacreen didn't have a no salt in fries option, there was constant beeping going on from their cookers, the places were to sit were in 'zones' to make it easier to hand us the food and kids were running around screaming.

It's a place for robots, not humans.

Yeah, McDonalds was my go-to back in the 90's when I was in college. $5 would get me a double QB meal super sized. I haven't been there or any fast food place in a long time.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I am just amazed that some locations actually closed according to the link. On second thought, no, I am not amazed.

Some technical toys stop working and the world comes to an end is the current mentality of a large number of people. Funny how the world will end with the downfall of online ordering.

Instead of the world not ending with a bang but a wimper, it will end with a error 404.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is too weird. Every city has it's own network systems in place. As does every state and country. I don't see how this could even be a thing. Are all the McDonalds all over the world connected?????? I don't think so. It defies logic.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on Fri Mar 15 2024 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

This seems implausible, although in this day and age, security in most it networks seems a low priority either the massive number of companies, being hacked or otherwise.

You need to understand that it isn't so much that security is a low priority. But that nefarious actors have gotten more and more sophisticated. They use multiple attack vectors to penetrate systems now. It's a challenge to stay ahead of the bad guys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join