It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s loses worldwide it network, most restaurants can’t serve.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

That was very harsh but I feel you on many of those matters. One reason why I only eat food I myself make at home or I go to places like subway and Chipotle. And I prefer those workers to be completely stoned so the food gets the goods. Would you rather someone that is stoned making your subway samich vs a completely sober nerd that will only give the how ever many olives they are told to give?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

JustEat? Forget them, you want to try the LardArse or LazyFatty Apps. I hear that’s where all the JustEater elite foodies have migrated too.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm confused about many of the comments here. It's my understanding that this thread is about a flaw on the cyberspace and/or the internet and it's fragility and the possible attack on a large business with corporate and private ownership. Not the benefits, likes, dislikes, or health risks of fast foods, specifically McDonalds.

My concern is that McDonalds are not all corporate owned and maybe I missed it, but it seems like a large majority of the sites were affected and I'm wondering how that could even be. This seems serious but must just be me. Does anyone have any ideas?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

I like Mc Dees.

No apologies here.

Every once in a while I enjoy a Big Mac
edit on 15-3-2024 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Even the title of this thread is stupidly hard to understand.

I hate when people makes threads like this.

Should be trashed.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Well if you could look past the OP title and look at the link,

An IT outage at McDonald’s stores swept across the globe last night, leaving thousands hungry and disappointed.

The internal systems at McDonald’s went offline about 3pm on Friday, with outages reported in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Japan, parts of Europe and Canada.

Some stores closed completely, while others were only taking cash orders.

The outage lasted about 10 hours in total, with the fast-food chain issuing an update about 1:15am on Saturday morning to say all restaurants have now re-opened.

This is major. No explanations either.

Here's another link with a kind of partial explanation:

The company said the outage was caused by a third-party technology provider and was not a cybersecurity issue. It started around 12 a.m. CDT during a configuration change and was close to being resolved about 12 hours later, the Chicago-based company said.

abcnews.go.com...#:~:text=The%20company%20said%20the%20outage,the%20Chicago% 2Dbased%20company%20said.

But all this?????

London
Japan
Hong Kong
New Zealand
Canada
Bankok
Milan
Thailand
Denmark
Australia
UK
USA

Too weird. The times don't seem consistent either but I haven't checked all the time zone differences.
edit on th31202400000031bFri, 15 Mar 2024 21:30:33 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: baddmove

Well if you could look past the OP title and look at the link,

An IT outage at McDonald’s stores swept across the globe last night, leaving thousands hungry and disappointed.

The internal systems at McDonald’s went offline about 3pm on Friday, with outages reported in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Japan, parts of Europe and Canada.

Some stores closed completely, while others were only taking cash orders.

The outage lasted about 10 hours in total, with the fast-food chain issuing an update about 1:15am on Saturday morning to say all restaurants have now re-opened.

This is major. No explanations either.

Here's another link with a kind of partial explanation:

The company said the outage was caused by a third-party technology provider and was not a cybersecurity issue. It started around 12 a.m. CDT during a configuration change and was close to being resolved about 12 hours later, the Chicago-based company said.

abcnews.go.com...#:~:text=The%20company%20said%20the%20outage,the%20Chicago% 2Dbased%20company%20said.

But all this?????

London
Japan
Hong Kong
New Zealand
Canada
Bankok
Milan
Thailand
Denmark
Australia
UK
USA

Too weird. The times don't seem consistent either but I haven't checked all the time zone differences.

It's not that hard to find out that there always is a single point of failure in most companies its that the head office wants to know exactly how many cheeseburgers are sold at a franchise over the last hour and thus the trust chain must go from the CEO of McDonald's down to the poor sap slapping the burgers...

It's nothing new for IT people that some middle manglement decided to save a few pennies off their budget and suddenly things go wrong.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Back when I could eat gluten, I used to like McDonalds breakfast sandwiches. McGriddles I think they were. Bacon, egg, cheese, and a maple flavored bun. mmmmm

Celiac's disease?

A friend of mine has it. That can be rough.

She eats gluten sometimes anyway. She just missed some of her favorite foods so much that she said the pain and discomfort afterwards were worth it.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

My concern is that McDonalds are not all corporate owned and maybe I missed it, but it seems like a large majority of the sites were affected and I'm wondering how that could even be. This seems serious but must just be me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Most McDonalds locations are not corporate owned. They are owned by a franchisee. Some of these franchises are huge though with hundreds of locations.

Even though they are not all corporate owned I'm sure they all use the same software to run their restaurants. It is provided to the franchisee for a monthly fee and it is usually not optional. They MUST use it and it is almost always stipulated as such in the franchise agreement they sign when they purchase their franchise license.

On a final note. This is not unique to McDonald's. It works this way for almost every company that franchises their brand. Dunkin' Donuts, Burger King, Chick-fil-a, Jiffy Lube, and the list goes on and on...

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

you're complaining about a 3rd party delivery service and placing the blame on mcdonalds? even though mcdonalds is straight garbage, people need to learn to blame those at fault regardless if their food and in store service is also trash.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick
Mac Donald’s have suffered a worldwide it outage affecting restaurant in a number of countries.

This seems implausible, although in this day and age, security in most it networks seems a low priority either the massive number of companies, being hacked or otherwise.

www.news.com.au...

I hope it doesn't affect the delivery of my Sausage Egg McMuffin with ketchup, salt & pepper.

Those things will be the death of me....

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Turns out it was Diet Coke, the milkshake was mine, not that we got them anywhere else but on the rug.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm.........Your easily amused.

Cheers for the dietary advice, but I'm rather partial to a McDonald's.

Same way you are to alcohol, which will also kill you, and has been known to cause multiple trips to the loo.

As to tipping the driver, he's lucky we did not rub his nose on the carpet.
edit on 16-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum2

Suppose the blame does not lie at the feet of McDonald's but JustEat as you say.

As to the in-store service, i don't disagree, which is kind of the reason we choose delivery over drive-through or entering the restaurants.

It's not exactly an A La Carte menu but i am rather partial to the odd Big Mac meal and milkshake.

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

JustEat?

Well, not on that occasion, which was kind of the salient point.

you want to try the LardArse or LazyFatty Apps. I hear that’s where all the JustEater elite foodies have migrated too.

Who did you hear it from?

"Whoever smelt it dealt it."

And what are "elite foodies" pray tell?

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
People should not eat that garbage.

Fast food burgers smell like wax to me.

This is not the same fast food quality that existed 20 or even 30 years ago.

I wouldn't feed any thing from that place even to my worst enemies. Humans don't eat wax smelling "burgers", morons might.

Last time I honestly remember fast food being what it claims to be, was back when BK came out with the Angus burgers. A decade later, entire industry changed for worse.

We need quality testing from a certified laboratory.

What's in your fast food...Soylent Green?

Let me offer those of you a clue, who do not know.
Soylent green, does NOT contain soy.

Think about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join