It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Houthis in Yemen have tested a hypersonic missile

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

No, not aimed at you. Obviously?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Constantly modernising?

The Mig 31, to which you have referred, dates back to 1981?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No, not aimed at you. Obviously?

Given you were replying to me and it had nothing to do with the side-point I made that you were replying to, no it wasn't that obvious.

Good, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That's correct, planes fly at a high speed when launching in order to save fuel and allow the missile to reach it's target as quickly as possible.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin

That's correct, planes fly at a high speed when launching in order to save fuel and allow the missile to reach it's target as quickly as possible.

This is what I wanted to tell you. "Zircon" is a completely different technology.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My apologies.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Why did you want to tell me that?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MBakhtin

Russian propaganda? At a guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin

Why did you want to tell me that?

You took part in the discussion. Therefore, I decided to inform you to the extent that I myself know.))
Thank you!

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Great.

Any comment on HAWC?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Discussion? You post a thread, make claims, other members reply to those claims, with supporting evidence, links and sources questioning said claims, yet you ignore them (selectively) and post zero evidence whilst continuing to make claims?

That is not a "discussion".

Now, as we are talking about hypersonic missiles, the subject of your thread, how about, for example, commenting on HAWC, inertial guidance, and so on?

Thanks in advance.

Over to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Night, night.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Missiles have throttle control?
a reply to: Mantiss2021

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Seems like they, being very poor, would test the missile on the enemy, no?

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
*shrugs* problem with hypersonic as I understand it (could very well be wrong), if air defense sees it coming all the speed in the world wont stop an intercept when its 2 points coming straight at each other.

For instance the reason the SR 71 was so hard to shoot down was the pilots ability to see it on radar and adjust and right now it seems to be no hypersonic we have seen has the ability to adjust to incoming intercepts.

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Earth4
Missiles have throttle control?
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Liquid fuelled rocket engines, as found on more some more advanced missiles, can be throttled.

Solid fuelled rocket engines are strictly "light and go"; once ignited the fuel cannot be throttled, or stopped, until the full fuel "grain" (the entire load of fuel) burns itself out. One of the reasons solid fuel rocket engines are seldom used for manned vehicles (except for emergency use, such as in aircraft ejection seats, and RATO systems).

If one remembers, the US Space Shuttle (STS) used both liquid fuelled (cryogenic liquid oxygen and hydrogen) and solid-fuelled boosters. If you ever listened to the communications between the astronauts and ground control during a Shuttle launch, you would have heard STS confirm "Go with throttle up" just after launch and before booster separation.

It was a failure of one of the STS Challenger solid boosters (SRB) that doomed the craft.

(There are "hybrid" solid/liquid rocket engines, mostly in development, but that is another story: See the "Salami Rocket"!)
edit on 17-3-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Dont want to read all the 4 pages but i think you miss there type of solid fuel that can be switch on and off to control the speed of a rocket ! search for ESP solid fuel ... i dont know if it's the type of fuel in the rocket/missile talked here but yes it can be turn off and back on with only electric current.
edit on 19-3-2024 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

The Khinzal is not remote controlled, though.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"The carrier of the Dagger is the MIG-31, fastest plane in the world."

That would be the SR 71 Blackbird?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join