It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Airman set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in Washington D.C

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Toil toil double trouble...

woops
edit on 05Mon, 26 Feb 2024 12:05:42 -060005421212pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneD
Mentally ill ? NO
Being in the military
with these >goose stepping mental psycho's
would make any sane moral person self immolate themselves.
This is why so many americans are commiting suicide :
twitter.com...
. . . that is what happens to the sychi of men
fighting for foreign agendas.
*sick*

Tell me you know nothing about the military without saying it...

Combat troops are different but the vast majority of the US military never gets shot at in the ways you are implying... and as far as your goose stepping comment, LOL get out and see the world youngun.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted by:theatreboy
I see this as an act of cowards.
Instead of standing up and fighting

Obviously this member of the U.S. Air Force saw things differently,
as others too, are wakingUp and witnessing
the fall of humanity.
Why even live in a world where corrupt
governments murder children with out impunity.
His statement was loud and clear, in that military
and gov. endevers are under a corrupt nwo global system.
“When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime,
you are being ruled by criminals"

Israeli embassy guard (there's your coward) points a gun at
a dying u.s. airforce man who is on fire wtf ?
rather than grabbing a fire extinguisher.
twitter.com...

twitter.com...

TRUTH IS so many US soldiers are committing suicide.
A surge of US soldiers who are sick of the forever wars
serving foreign interests.

OK, I will start at the beginning....

You are right, many are waking up to what is going on.

In this case, those of us waking up see a sick man, who was taken advantage of in one way or another. And ended up killing himself. And nobody will remember him.

As to the embassy guard..

You are serving a country on foreign soil that is under attack world wide, both by propaganda and terrorists. You will stand your ground and defend your country. You don't know in the heat of the moment if that guy is acting by himself, he may be a distraction for another attacker when you go to grab that fire extinguisher.

And you are right, many of our vets are killing themselves...an epidemic that needs to be addressed.

But that makes me ask this question:

Do you think part of the problem could be that the men and women who serve our country, come home to an administration that does not care about them? That they are exposed to the vitriol of the left. And when they go to try and get help, they don't get what they need...bc that money is going to support illegals who come into our country.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Do you think part of the problem could be that the men and women who serve our country, come home to an administration that does not care about them? That they are exposed to the vitriol of the left. And when they go to try and get help, they don't get what they need...bc that money is going to support illegals who come into our country.

Everything you listed in addition to the veterans of the last 20 years that fought in combat had an astonishingly high survival rate for injuries that would have been certain death in 9 out of 10 cases in vietnam. then come home to a broken VA that seems to not want to spend money on mental health services even thought thats a huge part of whats needed.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvanH
He probably thought "that will show em!"

It didn't. He will be forgotten by Wednesday and Gaza will still be getting turned into prime beach real estate potential.

Cant wait to build that luxury housing dev!! I hear the PRICES are ON FIRE!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Mentally ill ? NO

Mentally ill? YES No physically and mentally healthy person in the US military burns themselves to death on purpose. He was mentally ill. For you to claim otherwise is absurd.

Being in the military
with these >goose stepping mental psycho's
would make any sane moral person self immolate themselves.

1 - Our military doesn't goose-step.

2 - We have 2.86 million troops (1.29 million people as active-duty troops, and 767,238 as national guard/reserves.) Nearly all are sane and moral people. NONE of them have committed suicide by burning themselves to death. Just this one unhinged man.

So once again, as usual, you are wrong.
edit on 2/26/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Newsweek - Police Report Reveals Police Call About Mental Distress

A police report obtained by Newsweek states that Aaron Bushnell, the U.S. Air Force service member who set himself on fire outside the Israeli embassy in Washington, D.C., was "exhibiting signs of mental distress" before Secret Service officers could engage.

A public incident report provided by the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia to Newsweek also states that at 1 p.m. on February 25, 2024, a unit from the Secret Service Uniformed Division "received a distress call regarding an individual exhibiting signs of mental distress outside the Israeli embassy."

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted by:FlyersFan

"A public incident report provided by Police to Newsweek states that a unit
from the Secret Service Uniformed Division "received a distress call regarding
an individual exhibiting signs of . . "

The THIRD PARTY NARRATIVE after the incident.
Did you even listen to what Aarin Bushnel had to say
in His Own Words ?, also verified by his close friends.
Of course not.
Give him some dignity, and let him finally have peace
without putting words in his mouth.
. . . msn will spin the narrative too,
doing a disservice to this young man's message and
media over all.

edit on 26-2-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Watching Russell Brand's analysis of this incident & at one point he compares the dissent & dissatisfaction over Gaza/Israel with the issues of Russia/Ukraine, and in so doing he points out that we have people in power advocating no longer for 'democracy & freedom' but in fact they advocate solely for the establishment interests of the globalist elite - this is so obvious by this point that terms like 'left & right' have lost much of their impact, in reality it's the establishment vs the anti-establishment. I have a left wing friend & we disagree on much (I'm a libertarian) - but we absolutely agree wholeheartedly that our worldwide institutions & political models are failing ordinary people completely, they serve a special set of interests, and everyone else be damned, even to the point that we will eventually see conscription into military service in the UK & the USA to fight a totally unwanted war with the axis of Russia, Iran & China - it will be unwinnable & devastating.

But then we have idiots like Victoria Nuland demanding that we all get behind the 'leaders' to finance these wars so we can 'defend democracy & freedom around the world'. When she said it I laughed out loud, instinctively. It's become so much BULLSJIT that we can't take them seriously any more. How can we take any of thems seriously any more? It's utterly laughable, reprehensible & demoralising that we have the rah-rah band telling us to cheer for more war just because it's good for American financial & economic interests "jobs across more than 40 states" she says. Which were her follow up comments serving to justify her vision of an ever-expanding war. She doesn't even try to hide the evil machinations which are spinning the cogs in these globalist leaders' minds.

FUZK them.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Give him some dignity, and let him finally have peace...

Tell the truth.
He was mentally ill.
You do him, and others, no service by saying otherwise.
Whitewashing it only contributes to the stigma and doesn't help others who suffer from it.

Psychiatry.org What is Mental Illness

Mental Health...involves effective functioning in daily activities resulting in:

- Productive activities (such as in work, school or caregiving).
- Healthy relationships.
- Ability to adapt to change and cope with adversity.

Mental Illness...refers collectively to all diagnosable mental disorders — health conditions involving:

- Significant changes in thinking, emotion and/or behavior.
- Distress and/or problems functioning in social, work or family activities.

Mental illnesses take many forms. Some are mild and only interfere in limited ways with daily life, such as some phobias (abnormal fears). Other mental health conditions are so severe that a person may need care in a hospital. Similar to other medical illnesses, the optimal ways to provide care depend on the illness and the severity of its impact.

Obviously he was under distress and had problems functioning. His condition interfered with normal function so much that he took his own life, and did so in a very, very painful way. He needed intervention. He didn't get it and so he killed himself. That's mental illness.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Give him some dignity, and let him finally have peace...

Tell the truth.
He was mentally ill.
You do him, and others, no service by saying otherwise.
Whitewashing it only contributes to the stigma and doesn't help others who suffer from it.

So, participating in a war that kills thousands of children is not a mental illness but
sacrificing yourself as an act of protest is a mental illness?

We really don't know anything about this person but to assume he was unstable is false!

Maybe it was an act of great self sacrifice. Too bad on October 7th, a large group of Palestinian's didn't walk down the highway they were barred from or attended the holy site they were not allowed to visit. This too would have been an act of suicide but maybe the world seeing what Israel would do to mass amounts of people would make a better world for their children.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2
We really don't know anything about this person but to assume he was unstable is false!

No it's not. To say anything other than that he was unstable is what is false. I posted brief information on what mental illness/disorder is. And as a person with a degree in psychology I'm stating it outright ... a mental condition that interferes with normal function so much that a person takes his own life - That's mental illness or disorder.

Maybe it was an act of great self sacrifice.

Don't glorify the suicide of someone suffering from a mental health condition
simply because he shouted political slogans that you agree with while he died.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

Why even live in a world where corrupt
governments murder children with out impunity.

I think you meant WITH impunity. If so, you just posted the complete opposite.

Definition of Impunity: exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.

Don't you hate when typos completely change the meaning of what you're trying to convey?

I know I hate it when that happens...

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
mental illness really is the hero of the left

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

Preach the good word brother/sister!

I love the way you have drilled down to the core of the problem with so-called 'hate crimes' these days. Indeed, hating on Satan is believed to be a genuine hate crime, and it makes the world a far poorer place for that being the reality.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The act of a mentally ill coward. The only thing he did is prove these facts.

It takes courage to live your life. Painful death? Absolutely. Noble? Absolutely not. Call it for what it is, Stupid behavior.
The world is better off without him.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
To kill yourself/commit suicide/self sacrifice is definitely not an act of love. If they know what they are doing it is one of the most selfish and childish things a human can perpetrate on those left to figure out why and pick up the pieces. Saying that people that do it are all "not right in the head". By that I don't mean anything derogatory, they are not reasoning as a stable human should do. Which leads to these deadly solutions that in their mind seem reasonable.

Believe me, this is true because I've been there twice. It's a very dark place.

That perspective is the epitome of narcissism, and is ironic AF.
Nobody OWES you their life, in any way, and that includes their right to die if they so wish.
In other words, I don't magically owe you just because my dad came in my mom.
This dude's body belongs to him, not you or anyone else.
I've grieved suicides and tragic deaths, and I know it's hard, but get over yourself,
because them dying is their business, and isn't about you.

As for the tards saying this is a "hate crime", man, that is one one the longest stretches in logic I've ever heard.
Dude protests for PEACE, and you so desparately want to demonize somebody, that you call peace hate.
It's delusional and backwards.

Now, the man clearly meant well and wished people would stop fighting,
so you need to have some respect and stop demonstrating the worst aspect of human nature.
That's really disgusting, and if I have to be the only one to say it, then so be it.

To trash talk this guy just because of your political loyalties is disgusting and wrong.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

If there is in fact a political motivation to the story, if there were an active disinfo type psychological warfare operation unfolding, then we need to ask what the motive of TPTB could be in this instance.

Could it be a means of damning martyrdom itself, so we discount the future acts of desperation which will arise when TPTB crack down on our rights & freedoms from May 2024 onwards, when the WHO pandemic treaty and amendments to the International Health Regulations come into effect?

This double-pronged operation from the WHO essentially sets up the possibility of world government, unelected & unaccountable - as every employee of the WHO has diplomatic immunity & cannot be legally held to account by any court in the world, literally.

The WHO therefore provides the sure & certain foundation for world government - as soon as a PHEIC (public health emergency of international concern) is declared by the director of the WHO, certain powers to lockdown & control society in every member state will be ceded to the WHO by the nation states which are members of WHO, with no way to protest those demands except to fully withdraw the entire nation from the WHO accords.

If the nations acceed to this & willingly hand over their sovereignty, how long do you suppose it will be before the powers seized are returned by those unelected, diplomatically immune cartel controllers of international politics who have been enabled to snatch control from formerly free peoples? When will power be returned to the nations, and by proxy the people under those national rulers? NEVER is my guess. The WHO provides the bedrock foundation for a New World Order controlled by technocrats - who will claim to only care about us, the ones who are ruled by decree, with zero accountability from any of those new age rulers.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

I like your hypothetical question at the end. I remember Back in 2018 people in Gaza attempted doing something of the sort and they were met with snipers and horribly injured. It started one Friday and it kept going for a span of 2 years every Friday. It was called the great march of return.

As a result, 214 Palestinians, including 46 children, were killed, and over 36,100, including nearly 8,800 children have been injured. One in five of those injured (over 8,000) were hit by live ammunition.

A UN article on the topic

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Agreed, if this incident was triggered by something like compartmentalized knowledge from area 51 then he might have been programmed to receive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join