It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Russio-Ukrainian Conflict Is Actually About

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: charlest2

There’s no doubt some industries like to see geopolitical tension…

But this isn’t a war where the US just went into a country like Iraq. We didn’t initiate this. Russia invaded Crimea, and then set the stage to invade the broader Ukraine, even getting a few miles from the capital.

This war is about a lot of things, and Russia invaded them both times, not the US or its contractors.

Now, some people may make the argument the west got too involved with Ukraine, but Ukraine had every right to try and join the EU as a sovereign nation.

Correct, the Ukraine war is reactive for the West. It's a reaction to an illegal occupation.

Building a defense hub in Ukraine would be a pro-active move, however, deterring future aggression. I wish we weren't building there, I really do, but I can see why the Ukrainians would feel safer and more stable with a solid defense industry.

We also have to realize that Russian leaders have been calling for nuking European countries, expanding the conflict and invading Poland, Moldova, Latvia, Estonia and maybe some other Baltic states. These are not empty threats at the same time another country is being occupied.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

It's a reaction to an illegal occupation.

Ummm...there you go...talking about the US illegally occupying Syria again...

Building a defense hub in Ukraine would be a pro-active move

Never going to happen...you do know what existential means...right...right...?
NATO will never have Ukraine as a treaty member...

We also have to realize that Russian leaders have been calling for nuking European countries, expanding the conflict and invading Poland, Moldova, Latvia, Estonia and maybe some other Baltic states. These are not empty threats at the same time another country is being occupied.

Ummm...I know...Right...Right...?

Russia is just waiting until the US and it's European vassal states ship their last pieces of junk equiptment and that final bullet to Ukraine...Then they're going to pounce and flow like a flood through the Fulda gap...

You sure have got them figured out...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be missing the most salient point as Mr Zelenski says" Ukraine is prepared to produce more ammunition and military vehicles, but it required support". That means more money. Bbbuuutt, if you would care to look into it the Ukraine at the moment it has no military industry in Ukraine since 2022 as Ukroboronprom and its multiple arms companies (virtually all Ukrainian military contractors) have located outside Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

"junk equipment"? Like, what?

Do explain.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

I do know what existential means.

Are you saying that to you, as a Russian, you feel it an existential threat to have Ukraine have their own defense manufacturing? For self-defense?

How is their self-defense existential to you?

edit on 13-12-2023 by Mahogani because: word change

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

I guess I'm an idealist. I just imagine where all of this wealth could be or would be better spent trying to improve the global human condition rather than to destroy it.

Yes, you're an idealist and it's a pity Putin is not as idealistic as you. Living in a country neighboring with Ukraine, I would wish Russians to become peace loving hippies spending their money not on war but on feeding poor children in Africa but this is not going to happen anytime soon. Unfortunately.

Sure, war is the source of money for weapons industry. This is nothing new. There is demand so there's supply. And it's no surprise that the president of the invaded country wants to have as many weapons as possible. I see nothing bizarre about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Also, it’s estimated up to half of the Indians died to disease during that time

You're absolutely right! They died because they were provided with blankets that were deliberately infected with smallpox, and the rest died from starvation while imprissoned on 'reservations'.....on their own land.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Mr. Z's Days are Numbered . The Ukrainian People Will Rise Up and Depose this DICTATOR Real Soon if they All do not Want to Die in a Nuclear Exchange . .

tv.infowars.com...

edit on 13-12-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

You're absolutely right! They died because they were provided with blankets that were deliberately infected with smallpox

Source?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You're absolutely right! They died because they were provided with blankets that were deliberately infected with smallpox

Source?

Oh, for gawds sake! It's history! And common knoweldge that most semi-educated people are well aware of!

If you don't want to believe it's true, goolge it and try to prove me wrong. You won't regret the self-education on the FACTS, I promise you.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The bottom line is Russia wants the old team back and Ukraine is the diamond of them all. USSR went from top 3 to top nothing as they lost what 13 countries? They want to be top 3 again... Putin said the greatest tragedy of the 20th century was the undoing of the USSR. Not WWI or WWII or anything else, but that.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I’ve always heard it may have happened in isolated incidents, but even that is debated.

You made it sound like that was the main way they died from disease.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

I do know what existential means.

Are you saying that to you, as a Russian, you feel it an existential threat to have Ukraine have their own defense manufacturing? For self-defense?

How is their self-defense existential to you?

Ummm...you really aren't very good at fencing...are you...

Existential...as in...Russia will never allow Ukraine to become a member of NATO...Nope...nada...nyet...as in never...

Part of the ongoing military offensive...Russia is systematically destroying...and will continue to destroy...Ukraine's ability to have a functioning military...and create weapons on the territory that Ukraine currently claims as it's own...and use those weapons to threaten both the peoples of the four new Russian provinces...or Russia proper...

This could all have been prevented...if...Ukraine and the current/past regimes would have been honest brokers and abided by the Minsk agreements...Obviously...the US and it's European vassals had no interest in peace...and instead provoked the current situation in order to appease the MIC...and the Neocons of course...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think it's about money. If there is war between Ukraine and Russia, then the US defence companies will earn hundreds of billions of dollars of profit making bombs and missiles for the Ukrainian army.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You made it sound like that was the main way they died

Ummm...no...the main way was through forced marches for thousands of miles...deliberate starvation...and genocide...

Deliberate use of infectious vectors also played a significant role in the governments decision to eradicate the aboriginal population...another method relating to starvation was to slaughter the buffalo and bison herds by their millions...almost rendering those species extinct...

The Government wanted a Manifest destiny...sea to shining sea...country...unfortunately...those hundred odd million aboriginal peoples were just in the way...

So...your government applied their...problem...reaction...solution algorithm...worked like a charm...

There you go with the whitewashing thing...again...

YouSir
edit on 13-12-2023 by YouSir because: words are wonderful...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"junk equipment"? Like, what?

Do explain.

Ummm...Bradley infantry fighting vehicle...
Leopard's 1 and 2 versions...
Patriot launch systems...
Challenger tanks...
M177 howitzer...
HIMARS rocket launch systems...
Abrams tanks

All...currently smoldering and rusting in that great outdoor scrapyard formerly known as Ukraine...

Did you see the cool video of that Patriot system launching all 32 of it's interceptors in a vain attempt to take out that Kinzal hypersonic missile that then obliterated the radar systems of said...

Not a very good advertisement for the US's premier missile interceptor...

Prolly lost a few sales from that reality check...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The inconvenient truth is that Ukraine is the money laundering country of the democRATS and the billions in aid will in turn come back as hundreds of millions in illegal anonymous donations for the democRATic party that all the taxpayers unwillingly funded.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So...your government applied their...problem...reaction...solution algorithm...worked like a charm... There you go with the whitewashing thing...again...

Yea, touché. Ultimately we did push out the indigenous.

So since we did that three hundred years ago, Russia and China aren’t that bad. We’re all the same.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

you are referencing the standard operating procedure of a handful of NATO states since after world war 2. How do you think the globalist keep those predatory high interest loan agreements with African dictators, Bananna republics, and poor nations? Why through the financial backing of revolutionaries fighting for the freedom of wealthy foreign corporations to privatize their industrial production and resources while paying below poverty wages under slave like conditions my dear !

And then we all get to make jokes about how corrupt and #hole these places are while enjoying their industrial output as consumer garbage that we will throw away over a simple scratch or dent, which they can barely afford to own in their own countries.

Good thing our way of life makes the world a better place. The globalists saw a parcel of resource rich land in the East of Ukraine that was not under the domination and direct ownership of the BIS/Rothschild Central banking dynasty of global domination. That is what the war is about. having failed, they are just trying to maximize the debt burden with interest for whatever state is left after what was briefly Ukraine is torn asunder again amongst rival empires, as it has always been...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Umm... I really wanted to dig into this thread but every other post starting out like a 13 year old girl trying to play superior intellect just shat all over that.

*Obligatory dumb emoji to be unnecessarily inserted here*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join