It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Russio-Ukrainian Conflict Is Actually About

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea2

HAHA LOL! And then you rage quitted before you even began, like an emotional thirteen year old. LMFAO!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Good thing our way of life makes the world a better place. The globalists saw a parcel of resource rich land in the East of Ukraine that was not under the domination and direct ownership of the BIS/Rothschild Central banking dynasty of global domination. That is what the war is about. having failed, they are just trying to maximize the debt burden with interest for whatever state is left after what was briefly Ukraine is torn asunder again amongst rival empires, as it has always been...

So Putin is in on it? And he invaded to benefit western puppet masters?

As for the predatory loans, I’m pretty sure every nation with resources is doing that right now, and it is disgusting even or especially with us. We should have a higher bar.
edit on 13-12-2023 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: nugget1

I’ve always heard it may have happened in isolated incidents, but even that is debated.

You made it sound like that was the main way they died from disease.

You really should do more than a hearsay dive into the past; it's far different-and worse than the mainstream would have one believe. Or, maybe not; the facts might be too much to accept.

Ever read the true account of wounded knee as told by survivors and historians? It's a real eye-opener. Another avenue you might want to research is how native children were taken from their families on the reservations and sent to the 'white man's school' to be re-educated. The were beaten if they spoke their native language. The were forced to dress like 'civilized' people, abused-in every way and many of them died.

You won't find it in mainstream teaching because it's America's dirty little secret. One of many, it seems....and the list keeps growing.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Mahogani

We also have to realize that Russian leaders have been calling for nuking European countries, expanding the conflict and invading Poland, Moldova, Latvia, Estonia and maybe some other Baltic states. These are not empty threats at the same time another country is being occupied.

The bottom line is Russia wants the old team back and Ukraine is the diamond of them all. USSR went from top 3 to top nothing as they lost what 13 countries? They want to be top 3 again... Putin said the greatest tragedy of the 20th century was the undoing of the USSR. Not WWI or WWII or anything else, but that.

I understand that, but that's not how things work. Ukrainians want to be free and they have a right to self-determination.

And if they ask for help from friends... friends help.

Russia can wish in one hand, and # in the other, and see which one fills up first.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

In December 2022, U.S. defense contractors — who stand to gain billions from the ongoing war in Ukraine — sponsored a party in D.C. for the Ukrainian armed forces at the Ukrainian embassy. The contractors who sponsored the party was Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney, and Lockheed Martin.

Prophetic, he was.

And I think we messed this one up..
edit on 14-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You really should do more than a hearsay dive into the past; it's far different-and worse than the mainstream would have one believe. Or, maybe not; the facts might be too much to accept.

That’s just the thing, a lot of history is literally hearsay.

So I do question if a vast majority of the disease caused to the indigenous was deliberately caused by settlers and the blanket story. There very well be truth to instances of that, but I question how much they knew about virology to effectively enact a campaign of biowarfare 2-400 years ago.

And I have known about the schools, some were open in Canada up until just a few decades ago. Truly horrific stuff when you look into it.

And ultimately, we should remember all of these things and be honest about them. But just because they happened doesn’t make it OK if a group of people do something similar today.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea2
Umm... I really wanted to dig into this thread but every other post starting out like a 13 year old girl trying to play superior intellect just shat all over that.

*Obligatory dumb emoji to be unnecessarily inserted here*

Ummm...please do regale the interwebs with your obviously superior intellect...

Perhaps you failed to notice the condescension laced irony posing as exasperated sarcasm at play...

Truth be told...sometimes it really...is...like using really tiny words to speak...way...down to these 13 year old girls that populate this site...

Wink...wink...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Putin today was restating that one of his goals remains "de-Nazification".

What utter nonsense.

As for indiscriminate attacks on civilian targets, those that complain incessantly about IDF bombing Gaza seem very silent about Putin relentlessly launching drones and cruise missiles at civilians in Kyiv etc.

What military purpose does this serve?

Pure terrorism. Plain and simple.

Not a 13 year old girl, by the way.

Oops. Apologies Nugget, was meant to be a general reply. Fat fingers, crappy phone.

edit on 14-12-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nothing I have seen, read or heard in the fast approaching 2 years since Putin ordered his troops to invade Ukraine has made me change my mind what this war is about.

Its about one man who is exploiting his nations patriotic leanings in order to advance his own goals of personal glory and a lasting legacy by regaining some of Russia's - and the USSR's - former prestige and standing on the world stage.
He wants to regain Ukraine - the breadbasket of the USSR, an industrial might and with major ports on The Black Sea - all with the purpose of gaining the epitaph Putin The Great.

He has exploited and manipulated national pride, he has rode roughshod over The Russian Constitution and agreements Russia had made and has ruthlessly eliminated all effective opposition in his gradual imposition of an authoritarian de facto dictatorship.

Sure, Russia MAY have had some valid grievances against Ukraine - not as many as some suggest - but his motivations for the invasion were one's of expansionism and ego driven personal glory and the advancement of the Cult of Putin.

Yes, I have no doubt that many unscrupulous and amoral elements within the MIC and other vested interests are making obscene amounts of profit out of this war but let's not forget, none of this would have been possible if Putin hadn't ordered his troops into a non-threatening neighbouring country.
edit on 14/12/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Mr. Z's Days are Numbered . The Ukrainian People Will Rise Up and Depose this DICTATOR Real Soon if they All do not Want to Die in a Nuclear Exchange . .

This "dictator" had an opportunity to save his a** by fleeing abroad. I even heard the Americans suggested it to him. They even planned to help him escape. But he didn't. He stayed with his people in a war torn country doing everything in his power to defend it.

And Alex Jones? Seriously? I wonder if all Trump supporters have so myopic perspective. Some people learn nothing from history. Hitler's imperial goals were in the beginning the problem of Austria only. Then, they were Czechoslovakia's problem. Next, Poland's problem, then the whole Europe's problem. In the end, it was the whole world's problem.

So I'm afraid you will have your nuclear exchange just because you're trying so hard to avoid it. Chamberlain also tried to avoid the global slaughter and we had it. Let's brace ourselves for another show.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: crayzeed

Mr. Z's Days are Numbered . The Ukrainian People Will Rise Up and Depose this DICTATOR Real Soon if they All do not Want to Die in a Nuclear Exchange . .

tv.infowars.com...

Alex Jones?

Ukrainians are fighting an actual dictator. Very willingly.

What "nuclear exchange"?

Ukraine doesn't have any.

Depose Zelensky?

In your addled dreams.

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Yeah Baby , Keep Drinking that Kool Aid Until your Neighborhood Turns into Hollandaise Sauce .

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Zelenskyy says no Presidential Elections again until he says so: www.newsweek.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Zelenskyy says no Presidential Elections again until he says so: www.newsweek.com...

Jesus...

I don't even know how to comment on that. That reply is totally out of touch with reality. What's the point of organizing elections if there's a full scale invasion of the country?

When the country is invaded and the war is going on on its territory, the martial law is introduced, which suspends elections along with some other citizen rights. The defense of the country gets priority.

You must be living on the moon. What part of "war" you do not understand?
edit on 15-12-2023 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
That strip of land had mostly been populated by ethnic Russians in Ukraine, who were being subjected to Jim Crow style laws after the violent overthrow of their government which saw many NAZI sympathizers who openly wore their NAZI swastikas and other logos attacking and even murdering innocent non-violent protestors. Don't forget that they corralled scores of protestors into a municipal building in Odessa that year (2014) and burned them alive, including women and children. That was the kind of behavior being openly targeted at ethnic Russians, and they chased them all the way to those border regions all the while continuing to pass more and more restrictive Jim Crowe style laws on any ethnic Russians.

These are the kinds of horrible people folks are defending when they stick up for NATO's BIS/IMF Zelensky's Ukraine. He has already canceled their elections setting himself for dictator for life. At least Putin still plays pretend with their elections, like we do here. There is no more religious freedom, that is gone. That state has become a single party, punish opposition with prison and violence, enslaved fascist state.

Why does everyone act like the 2022 invasion happened in a vacuum when so much declared history, politicians admissions, and video documentation show otherwise?

Whatever Russia has done, the USA did the same in Iraq under equally justifiable but proven false pretenses. Pre-Emptive strike doctrine for national security. The world did not unite to destroy us in the process, and it turns out Zelensky is as equally as nasty as Saddam Hussein. I believe Zelensky will hang just like Saddam and deserves too for how he sold his people out for lots of American dollars and Euros, Russian hookers, coc aine and vodka. All of which he will speed out of Ukraine and into the UK or Israel with when he is forced out of power. I am sure the deep state will priority rush an evacuation for him and his drugs, liquor and hookers while continuing to ignore American citizens anywhere in the world that are suddenly within a flash point of violence.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   

This was a funny piece of alternative history. In fact, Russia always stired up s**t in Ukraine. And when their puppet Yanukovych was deposed, they sponsored and openly supported the separatists with the aim to overthrow the central government and occupy the parts of Ukraine. This is subversion.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   
ok. Now all sides of it are out there. Which side is working out better for the population of Ukraine right now?

If the US stops paying the Ukrainian administrative budget for about 30 days we would witness everyone hang Zelensky themselves. Although its more their style to just use a bullet or bomb.
edit on 12-16-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

That strip of land had mostly been populated by ethnic Russians in Ukraine

According to the 2001 census, the majority of eastern Ukraine's population are ethnic Ukrainians.

Also woth to mention that a large majority of voters in eastern Ukraine (83% or more in each oblast) approved Ukraine's declaration of independence in the 1991 referendum.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You don't know what you're saying. If Ukrainians were so much in favor of Russians, Yanukovych wouldn't be gone. If they didn't want to fight, Zelenski wouldn't be able to do anything.

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
Just for"YouSir".
Filling the pockets of the merchants of death.

I guess I'm an idealist. I just imagine where all of this wealth could be or would be better spent trying to improve the global human condition rather than to destroy it.
I believe you may be incorrect. Russia clearly started the war. While it may improve the bottom lines of its weapon manufacturers, it will impoverish the nation as a whole.

Suppose Putin may even have the power to impose price controls on weapon purchases?

It may even be bad for the weapon makers because there will be less manpower and higher wages. The cost of operation will be higher for some time to come. They may have to borrow operating capital at higher rates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join