It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Russio-Ukrainian Conflict Is Actually About

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Just for"YouSir".

edit on 13-12-2023 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky met with defense contractors during his visit to Washington, DC, this week, amid a bid for $61 billion in U.S. taxpayer support for Ukraine, according to a video he posted on social media.

Zelensky said Ukraine was prepared to produce more ammunition and military vehicles, but it required support. He posted on X:

I met with leaders of US defense companies and expressed my gratitude to every American worker who manufactures weapons that help us safeguard our people and defend our land.

I appreciated all American companies that attended last week’s US-Ukraine defense industry conference.

I also proposed establishing a European defense hub in Ukraine. We are prepared to make all essential decisions, cut red tape, and allocate orders.

We are ready to produce more ammunition and military vehicles, but we require support. It is important to develop joint production of artillery ammo, air defense systems, and artillery and missile systems.

Together, we can create more jobs, generate more strength, and provide more opportunities for both of our nations.

In December 2022, U.S. defense contractors — who stand to gain billions from the ongoing war in Ukraine — sponsored a party in D.C. for the Ukrainian armed forces at the Ukrainian embassy. The contractors who sponsored the party was Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney, and Lockheed Martin.

Breitbart
Filling the pockets of the merchants of death.

I guess I'm an idealist. I just imagine where all of this wealth could be or would be better spent trying to improve the global human condition rather than to destroy it.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

There’s no doubt some industries like to see geopolitical tension…

But this isn’t a war where the US just went into a country like Iraq. We didn’t initiate this. Russia invaded Crimea, and then set the stage to invade the broader Ukraine, even getting a few miles from the capital.

This war is about a lot of things, and Russia invaded them both times, not the US or its contractors.

Now, some people may make the argument the west got too involved with Ukraine, but Ukraine had every right to try and join the EU as a sovereign nation.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: charlest2

There’s no doubt some industries like to see geopolitical tension…

But this isn’t a war where the US just went into a country like Iraq. We didn’t initiate this. Russia invaded Crimea, and then set the stage to invade the broader Ukraine, even getting a few miles from the capital.

This war is about a lot of things, and Russia invaded them both times, not the US or its contractors.

Now, some people may make the argument the west got too involved with Ukraine, but Ukraine had every right to try and join the EU as a sovereign nation.

Ummm...no...not really that at all...

Your above...severely myopic viewpoint...somehow neglected to mention the 2004 Orange Revolution...the 2014 coup de tat...brought to you by none other than Victoria Nuland...and the Obama Regime...

Not to mention the two Minsk agreements that were only inked to buy time for Ukraine to arm...and were never implemented by any Ukrainian regime...including the current Zelensky regime who campaigned on a promise to peacefully settle the Donbas and Lugansk issues and implement autonomy in those regions according to the above Minsk agreements...Yet instead he continues to shell and kill the civilian population...

The west got involved in Ukraine prior to 2004 when the CIA and it's NGO fronts instigated their Orange...color...revolution...

Prior to that in 2000 Vladimir Putin proposed joining NATO...that effort was rebuffed for a more confrontational approach by the west...

Stop with the disingenuous white washing of the western push for confrontation instead of friendship with Russia...

Be honest...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
You know what? This isn't worth my time and frustration to even post.

MODS, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!

Ummm...NO...re edit your OP and include your original premise...you had some salient points worthy of discussion...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

not disagreeing with your post just wanted to say that they invaded Ukrainian territory three times. first Crimea, then the Donbas after their russian led and backed separatists started getting their ass kicked on aug 25 2014 the russian forces invaded the donbas region after their so called claims that "humanitarian convoy" full of arms and troops into the donbas in july of 2014. they also claimed that the invasion was a accidental boarder crossing but they never left. then in feb 2022 their "special military operation".

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Just for"YouSir".

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky met with defense contractors during his visit to Washington, DC, this week, amid a bid for $61 billion in U.S. taxpayer support for Ukraine, according to a video he posted on social media.

Zelensky said Ukraine was prepared to produce more ammunition and military vehicles, but it required support. He posted on X:

I met with leaders of US defense companies and expressed my gratitude to every American worker who manufactures weapons that help us safeguard our people and defend our land.

I appreciated all American companies that attended last week’s US-Ukraine defense industry conference.

I also proposed establishing a European defense hub in Ukraine. We are prepared to make all essential decisions, cut red tape, and allocate orders.

We are ready to produce more ammunition and military vehicles, but we require support. It is important to develop joint production of artillery ammo, air defense systems, and artillery and missile systems.

Together, we can create more jobs, generate more strength, and provide more opportunities for both of our nations.

In December 2022, U.S. defense contractors — who stand to gain billions from the ongoing war in Ukraine — sponsored a party in D.C. for the Ukrainian armed forces at the Ukrainian embassy. The contractors who sponsored the party was Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Pratt & Whitney, and Lockheed Martin.

Breitbart
Filling the pockets of the merchants of death.

I guess I'm an idealist. I just imagine where all of this wealth could be or would be better spent trying to improve the global human condition rather than to destroy it.

Ummm...I totally agree...that picture says it all...

This conflict is..."Good for business"...

And everyone of those merchants of death has only one thought as they're posing for the photo op...

"Keep the conscripts flowing...to the last Ukrainian"...

Look how perfectly gleeful they are...

That picture is a representation of the true faces of evil...those who smile and profit from selling the tools of the reaper...

Your conclusions are apt and represent the truth of the engine that drives both policy and economy...

I did call them evil...however...they actually represent the epitome of what it means to be apex preditors...preying on anyone they can extinguish with their produce...

Thank you for the thread Charles...that picture does indeed say it all...and totally represents what this conflict is all about from a western perspective...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ahh, and your view fails to show how Viktor Yanukovych ran on joining the EU, and when he won got it all the way to signing the deal only to reneg at the last minute (to be fair, Russia offered a bailout on loans, so he may have seen that as the best option at the time)… but if he ran on joining the EU, and people voted him into doing that, I fail to see how we’re just supposed to take the as a matter of fact “the US led the color revolution”.

Let’s not pretend that Russia didn’t have rebels in the Donbas that stirred the pot either. He wanted an eastern land bridge to connect Russia with Crimea.

I’m sure we could have done more to have better footing with Russia over the last few decades… and we’re not without our own faults. But I do enjoy the premise that one white washing the west while I’m to believe Russia only had everyone’s best interest in mind.

It wasn’t long ago Russia ruled the whole region with an iron fist, killing more of its own people than the third reich. Funny too, if Russia is so nice, why is it that only a small number of former USSR satellite countries lean towards Russia?

The west has plenty of opportunity to improve ourselves… But I fail to see how the alliance of Russia China and Iran are somehow champions for people and peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
so Putin invaded Ukraine to make US contractors rich?

are you saying the US is supporting Ukraine to pay the contractors? that makes some sense, but Ukraine definitely didn't START the war.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

Russia does dealing with Venezuela. I wonder if that means they’d use the same logic to justify the US going in since it’s in our sphere of influence, and no one is allowed to talk to people in our sphere of influence.

I wouldn’t be behind a US intervention there for the record, but it’s a similar situation.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Defeating Russia opens up a vast territory for western capitalists to plunder...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Defeating Russia opens up a vast territory for western capitalists to plunder...

You think Ukraine is going to conquer Russia? Or you think the US is going to go to war with them?

Russia is trying to annex a country, no one else. Not sure the steps I’m missing here on how you arrived to that conclusion.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ummm...the orange revolution was in 2004...the coup was in 2014...

It wasn't long ago that Ukraine...and Kiev...were...Russian..along with Belarus...which means..."Little Russia"...

Kiev was..."The mother of Russia"...

Perhaps if you had the perspective of a Warsaw pact like organization encroaching on the borders of the US then you might see things differently...that's the problem when we don't apply perspective to discussion...

The US and it's vassals have been confrontationally encroaching on Russia for decades in an attempt to contain them...It certainly hasn't been the other way around...

The US and it's vassals have been trying to splinter Russia since the dissolution of the USSR...their ultimate aim is to cause a balkanization of Russia and Regime change...and ultimately to squabble over the spoils...those spoils being the vast resources contained in the Russian borders...

These are obvious things...and the pursuit of every Neocon government in the past 70 years minimum...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I remember the US response when Russia wanted to turn Cuba into a military staging ground; I imagine Russia is going to see this in the same way. It sure isn't going to ease any tensions or promote peace from the nation that 'promotes world peace'.....via the empliments or war.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So the US are the baddies? How come none of the old Warsaw pact buddies want to be friends with Russia? Why do they want to be in the EU or NATO? Maybe it’s because Russia took them by force and killed millions of their people.

I guess you’re right. My perspective is skewed, there’s someone expanding there borders right now for sure, and last time they did that millions died. How many did the USSR and China kill of their own people?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I remember the US response when Russia wanted to turn Cuba into a military staging ground; I imagine Russia is going to see this in the same way. It sure isn't going to ease any tensions or promote peace from the nation that 'promotes world peace'.....via the empliments or war.

Russia was putting nukes 90 miles from our border.

Also, how did the US cause the war by Russia invading??

We’re providing material support after they got invaded. We promised there security in the Budapest memorandum in my lifetime. Providing material support to me seems like a way to not escalate it any further while making good on our promise. If Ukraine had kept their nukes I doubt they would have been invaded. We have security agreements with other countries to prevent more nuclear powers, and now some like South Korea are questioning how much weight that carries.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2023 by CriticalStinker because: Dbl

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How many did the USSR and China kill of their own people?

Ummm...upwards of 60 million...

Oh...wait...my bad...that was the Indigenous population on the landmass currently called the US...slaughtered and starved by .Gov...

Justify that...

The US and it's European vassal states are the ones who instigated this conflict between Ukraine and Russia...it's part of the historical record...
Just ask Angela Merkel...Petro Poroshenko...and Francois Hollande...about the true purpose of the Minsk 1 and 2 treaties...

Also ask Boris Johnson...at the behest of the Biden regime...about how he sabotaged the agreement between Ukraine and Russia in Turkiye...in march 2022...the signed but yet to be ratified agreement that would have ended the conflict then...

Any other Justifications...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Russia was putting nukes 90 miles from our border.

Ummm...in...response...to the nukes we had placed at Incirlik Airbase in Turkey...and Aviano airbase in Italy...

In response means...after...subsequent to...following...antecedent to...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Oh...wait...my bad...that was the Indigenous population on the landmass currently called the US...slaughtered and starved by .Gov... Justify that...

Hundreds of years ago vs people still alive today who remember the USSR. The USSR fell in our lifetime.

Also, it’s estimated up to half of the Indians died to disease during that time, but I’m sure I should live with the sin of them not fully understanding bacteria, viruses and heard immunity in the 16-1700’s. There are more current causes you can get behind if you want to free yourself of that US guilt you’re holding YouSir. Maybe check out BLM and reparations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join