It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Those numbers you’re giving are so over inflated. The links you post about US intel which came from the mouths of NYT and CNN is like saying ‘the CIA said there are x amount of deaths’. It propaganda. I’ve studied the numbers from many different sources and the numbers are all over the place, yours being the highest of all of them, of course. The general census is that the numbers are well below what’s being reported. Ukraine has also been very secretive about giving out actual numbers, they’ve even said so. I wouldn’t for a second believe a word of what the US intel is saying, the US wants more money for Ukraine so of course they’re going to try and make Ukraine look like they have a chance at winning, they just need more money. In actuality they don’t have a chance in hell of winning this war.

Just wait until Putin feels cornered. They have air superiority, bigger bombs, nukes and manpower. They can mop the floor with Ukraine if they wanted, that’s just the facts. I’m actually very surprised Putin has used so much restraint this far into it.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

You better stock up on Depends diapers for you and all your Leftist friends when Putin nukes something because his back is against the wall.
All over Ukraine.

And I think that’s exactly what’s going to eventually happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I bet the same reporter is saying Ukraine has lost maybe 10% give or take
Just a good enough reason to give till it hurts
Nothing like bad propaganda

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intel

That seems like a really high percentage.
I'm finding it hard to believe that Russia can be that bad at fighting.
But maybe it's true. Who knows??

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I saw this in a headline yesterday. I of course can't know the real numbers. It's heartbreaking no matter how you look at this

I detest Putin, not only for what he's done to Ukraine, but for what he was willing to do to his own people

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Read somewhere recently that Putin is recruiting 800 men every day for the war. 800 every day going to the front and this number is sustainable for the next couple of years. 292,000 men a year to the front lines

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Our own Russian Troll was a civilian and was activated to fight in this war. He was able to communicate when he was given leave, but the fact that they had to bring in civilians with no training shows this is likely accurate.

The death on both sides is horrific and pointless. I'd wager if you put 20 Russians and 20 Ukraine soldiers in a lineup, you couldn't tell them apart by sight, speech, or any other factor. They are the same separated by borders. And when this is all over, Russia may gain some land, or not, but the cost was too high. It looks like Hubris and pride is what makes this continue.

War is dumb.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Show me the new hectares sized graveyards in Russia like in Ukraine and I might believe you.

I'm actually astonished you are still riding Zelenskyys javelin after Ukraine suspended an election, outlawed a religion, and banned the political opposition. I was under the impression people like you oppose oppression and what not?

Strange times...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Show me the new hectares sized graveyards in Russia like in Ukraine and I might believe you.

I'm actually astonished you are still riding Zelenskyys javelin after Ukraine suspended an election, outlawed a religion, and banned the political opposition. I was under the impression people like you oppose oppression and what not?

Strange times...

Ummm...truly amazing to behold...isn't it...?

And then they screech from the other side of their mouth that the west is defending democracy in Ukraine...

Watching them sup from the mouth's of the 3-letters...is priceless...a veritable years long lip lock...

YouSir
edit on 13-12-2023 by YouSir because: Y...Y...because...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
sorry to hear that

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

US intel is US propaganda chock full of sheepdip.

Ukraine is kidnapping kids and old men off of the streets to fill their ranks in the trenches now. I have heard of instances where they have been known to post rear guard shooting their own soldiers who try to retreat from the front lines.

Haha... nice spin. I read this somewhere too, but I am going to provide evidence and links. Watch this:

Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

I can do more, if you want. Russians killing their own deserters has been going on for two years now. I have seen no credible source claiming Ukrainians doing this.

Can you link it please if you have something credible and independent, not Russian state media?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

"Show me the new hectares sized graveyards in Russia like in Ukraine and I might believe you."

How can anyone other than Russian state controlled media show you that?

I rather doubt that they are going to.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

Hectares, huh?

In the US and in GB we use acres. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live to use hectares as measurement? Are you in Russia... or nearby?

And yes, I agree... "hectares" of civilian graves is further evidence of Russian war crimes. There should not be acres and acres of fresh graves.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Link

Russia has lost a staggering 87 percent of the total number of active-duty ground troops it had prior to launching its invasion of Ukraine and two-thirds of its pre-invasion tanks, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN.

Still, despite heavy losses of men and equipment, Russian President Vladimir Putin is determined to push forward as the war approaches its two-year anniversary early next year and US officials are warning that Ukraine remains deeply vulnerable. A highly anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive stagnated through the fall, and US officials believe that Kyiv is unlikely to make any major gains over the coming months.

This is an intel assessment, based on sometimes incomplete information, so we should not consider it totally accurate. It is probably close to it, plus-minus a few percent.

That is a staggering loss of human life for Russia. I'm not talking about the weaponry; this is people. Nearly every person that started the war in Ukraine is now gone -- or incapacitated -- unable to fight again. Some of these were convicts, given chances at a new life, in exchange for a few months at the front lines. Many others were seasoned warriors, their experience and skill lost forever.

Of the 360,000 troops that entered Ukraine, including contract and conscript personnel, Russia has lost 315,000 on the battlefield, according to the assessment. 2,200 of 3,500 tanks have been lost, according to the assessment. 4,400 of 13,600 infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers have also been destroyed, a 32 percent loss rate.

“As of late November, Russia lost over a quarter of its pre-invasion stockpiles of ground forces equipment,” the assessment reads. “This has reduced the complexity and scale of Russian offensive operations, which have failed to make major gains in Ukraine since early 2022.”

Putin has now upped his military and defense spending to nearly 50% of his country's GDP, mirroring the 1930s Germany military spending and preparation. But even with that large increase in military spending, how does one replace the trained warriors that are now gone? It takes time to train someone up well enough for combat. Or you can train them poorly and add to the numbers of the deceased.

Is there a draft coming in Russia? Will he conscript unwilling civilians and send them off to battle? Will he train them up well, or will he cut corners?

Are those numbers from Hamas?

I'm funny.

I don't believe those stats. At all.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This number is unreliable. The scale of the war is tiny compared to WW1. In WW1 hundreds of millions of artillery shells were fired. In this war it's only about 1 percent of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join