It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I'm conservative leaning with a hard on for dead Russians.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

And I'm a Chinese who have a hard on for dead Ukrainians. What's your point?
edit on 12-12-2023 by MiddleKingdomer because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleKingdomer

My girlfriend is Chinese. She prefers dead Russians.

And my point was that the person I replied to was seeming to imply that only liberals have a hard on for dead Russians.
edit on 2023 12 12 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I do not wish anyone dead but war is war and there are unavoidable casualties in war.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

this from your link,

The armed conflict in Eastern Ukraine started in 2014. Between then and early 2022, it had already killed over 14,000 people. Over the course of eight years, Ukrainian government forces fought Russian-backed separatists for control over much of the two heavily industrialised regions of Donetsk and Luhansk, also known as Donbas. Fierce battles in 2014-2015 ended with one third of the regions’ territory, its most urbanised part, occupied by two Russian proxy statelets, the self-described Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics. Between September 2014 and February 2015, Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany signed several iterations of the so-called Minsk agreements, which eventually stopped the forward movement of troops and reduced fighting significantly. But the agreements were never implemented, and the fighting transformed into a trench war, with roughly 75,000 troops facing off along a 420-km-long front line cutting through densely populated areas. The war ruined the area’s economy and heavy industries, forced millions to relocate and turned the conflict zone into one of the world’s most mine-contaminated areas.

the man that took credit for starting the war in the donbas, was a former fsb officer and commanding officer in crimea, who claims he was sent to the donbas to start the war.

According to an accomplice, Girkin arrived in Crimea describing himself as the "Kremlin's emissary," and soon after formed the Crimean self-defense forces. His position was above that of self-declared Crimea prime minister Sergei Aksyonov. His main task in March 2014 was the accelerated military training of the newly formed Crimean forces, and selecting the best among them for transfer to the invasion of the Donbas. Girkin personally negotiated and oversaw the withdrawal of Ukrainian forces from Crimea.[50] According to Girkin, he was in charge of the Simferopol Photogrammatic Center assault.[49]

According to Girkin, the head of the newly-installed Russian government in Crimea Sergei Aksyonov asked him to deal with the Donbas provinces of eastern Ukraine.[53]

On 12 April 2014, Girkin led a group of armed militants who seized the executive committee building, the police department, and the Security Service of Ukraine offices in Sloviansk, eastern Ukraine.[54][49][55] Girkin admitted that this action sparked the Donbas War. He said "I'm the one who pulled the trigger of war. If our unit hadn't crossed the border, everything would have fizzled out, like in [the Ukrainian city of] Kharkiv, like in Odessa".[5][55] He claimed that his militia was formed in Crimea and consisted of volunteers from Russia, Crimea, and also from other regions of Ukraine (Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Kyiv) and many people from Donetsk and the Luhansk region. According to him, two-thirds were Ukrainian citizens.[54][56][57] The majority of men in the unit had combat experience. Many of those with Ukrainian citizenship had fought in the Russian Armed Forces in Chechnya and Central Asia, while others had fought in Iraq and Yugoslavia with the Ukrainian Armed Forces.[54][56][58] In an interview, Girkin stated that he was given orders not to give up Sloviansk.[53][55]

Igor Girkin

so what was Ukraine supposed to do, just tell the russian backed separatist joining in russia's and putins proxy war now yall just stop.

edit on 12-12-2023 by BigJohnTally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In future war drones will fight. Human casualties will be minimal. Take the Donba war for example. Both sides have millions of drones. Human casualties are much fewer compared to WW1 human wave tactics.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BigJohnTally

Does it make them not Ukrainian?

Does it detract from the freshly minted govt murdering their own civilians?

I get the mess and thats what it is.

Which is evidence enough that the US should be nowhere near jt.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't wish anyone dead either, but you are right, war is war. I don't want to fight the Chinese either. I love your culture, but I will fight if it comes down to it.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ukrainian military reports 1,000 dead Russian troops per day. I think it is not accurate. I think 60 dead soldiers for both sides per day is most likely.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

no, but it does make them enmey's of the Ukrainian government trying to overthrow it control.
not that much different than the U.S. Civil War where father and brothers killed their brothers and sons.

you take up the sword, what comes back is on your head.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

no, but it does make them enmey's of the Ukrainian government trying to overthrow it control.

They were going to overthrow from the Donbass?

As an American, I'm not swayed by the argument of being an enemy to the government btw.....

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ukraine has always been one of those weird Slavic countries. With about half the people pro Russia and half the people pro West.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Don't understimate Donba. Donba is the most densely populated region of Ukraine or what used to be that. There are 6 million people in Donba. That's more than twice the population of Kiev. Yanukovych is from Donba. When Maidan ousted Yanukovuch in 2014 Donba rebelled and seceded from Ukraine.
edit on 12-12-2023 by MiddleKingdomer because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

They were going to overthrow from the Donbass?

the donbas region and what ever other parts that would follow yes. don't pretend you don't know it was russia doing this the whole time.

As an American, I'm not swayed by the argument of being an enemy to the government btw.....

would you pick up arms and attack the government and expect them not to attack you back? or at the very least try to capture you with the use of deadly force if necessary and imprison you for the better part of the rest of your life.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If they want to fight to the last man then go right ahead. I mean. It benefits China. So. I don't mind. Be my guest.
edit on 12-12-2023 by MiddleKingdomer because: rewording

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Those who believe the words of the US Intelligence community have obviously never been on the receiving end of said intelligence when it meant the difference between your own life or death. They guess more often than they have actual data. They were wrong more often than they were right, and this was what they were giving to a spec ops team in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

My girlfriend is Chinese. She prefers dead Russians.

And my point was that the person I replied to was seeming to imply that only liberals have a hard on for dead Russians.

She picks the Nazi over the Communists?

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

"Nazi's". LOLOLOL

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

the donbas region and what ever other parts that would follow yes. don't pretend you don't know it was russia doing this the whole time.

Doesn't follow. You said they were attempting to overthrow the Ukrainian gov't, which is in Kiev. While also casually omitting the dead civilians.....

would you pick up arms and attack the government and expect them not to attack you back?

Now we get to the real meat and potatoes.

What would prompt citzens to pick up arms and attack a "voted for" govt....?

Also what part do the dead civilians play? Furthermore, where is any of this a US concern?

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

US intel is US propaganda chock full of sheepdip.

Ukraine is kidnapping kids and old men off of the streets to fill their ranks in the trenches now. I have heard of instances where they have been known to post rear guard shooting their own soldiers who try to retreat from the front lines.
edit on 13-12-2023 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join