It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST -- Dec 2023 -- HOME SPUN -- HS2023 --winners announced

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is an Official ATS Short Story Writers Contest!

It is open to ALL members of ATS.

This area is a safe place for our 'mighty fine creative minds' to gather. If you'd like to participate, know that the Terms and Conditions of your membership are strongly enforced. Profanity, Political baiting, Personal attacks, are not allowed or welcomed at all. Want to talk about something else? Then go to the other forums here at ATS. We only discuss the stories in here written by YOU, the membership.

By submitting a Short Story in an Official ATS Contest, you agree to the following;

Your Entry Has to be Original Fiction & posted in it's own thread HERE in the Short Stories forum,. Then in this contest thread, create a post with a link to your story. If you need any help with Spelling or Grammar-checking, Word-Counting, and more please visit; Writer Tools; Spell Check and More

Your Story Should be written and edited with paragraphs. We have noticed that stories copy & pasted from 'mobile devices' might lose their formatting. Please review how it looks on the ATS Thread and add the proper editing (as you have only about 20 minutes to make edits/corrections). This is a contest, no one wants to read a solid block of words.

A.I. Technology can not be used in the stories creation. Only ATS members are allowed to participate in the Contest.

You may enter more than once, but you can only win one prize.

"The END" needs to be at the bottom of your story, it wont add to the word-count.

You will be awarded "Writer" Status if you win 1st or 2nd in the non-writer category, please add in your stories title 'non-writer'.

The contest will run from NOW to Monday, January 1, 2024. Any submissions after that date will be disqualified. A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for reading & voting.

Contest Winners get to choose the next Contest Theme. This contest theme is courtesy of our last winner FullHeathen [aka pthena], and is entitled: HOME SPUN - HS2023 --
In these days of rising prices, more and more folks are going into survival mode. Making their own meals, sewing, perhaps going back to a simpler time. Tell us your story about Home Spun......

RULES OF ENTRY (are simple)

* Entries must be original fiction. ATS members cannot be characters.
* The Contest is for Humans only: No AI submissions.
* Entries MUST include -HSO2023- in your Stories title. ( e.g. Bread Baking - HS2023 - non-writer )
* This is a 'SHORT STORY' Contest. Stories that run past the OP are accepted but no points given for additional posts.
* You need to post a link to your story here in this contest thread so others know that you made up an entry.
* You must stay within the Terms and Conditions (please read)

WINNERS and SCORING

ATS "Writer" status, prizes as follows:
1st -- 5 Applause, and gets to choose the next contest theme (Repeat winners can choose to pass to another for the theme of a future contest).
2nd -- 3 Applause
3rd -- 1 Applause

non-writer will receive the following:
1st Place -- 3 Applause & Writer Status
2nd Place -- 2 Applause & Writer Status
3rd Place -- 1 Applause

How the Contestants get points to win all depends on you! You can give FLAGS to your favorite story and add STARS to your favorite stories opening post.

We then tally up the scores of 'Flags' (worth 2 points each). And 'Stars' in the opening post (worth 1 point each)

And that's it! Got a question? We're happy to try and answer anything about the
contests/rules etc. But ENJOY this new contest, GOOD LUCK, HAPPY READING and HAVE FUN!

Note: New OP contest format, thanks to JohnnyAnonymous. Artwork for this contest courtesy of Encia22

edit on Sat Dec 2 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: as usual, also need at least one edit for each contest

WINNERS ANNOUNCED HERE
edit on Fri Jan 12 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thank you DTOM! Another great contest!

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Thanks DTOM, maybe I can get a new Writers designation with my new name.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

I know you will for sure!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Got a question?

What's the difference between Writer and Non-Writer?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The top two non writers get writer status! The writers who are top 3 get applause and the winner gets to pick the next topic for the following contest!

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thanks JJ!

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   

It's Fantastic to see you roll out another contest, DTOM... Well Done!

To the young, old, experienced and newcomers... Wishing all the contestants the best of luck.

Think outside the box and let's make this one a Festive contest to remember.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
Let's Go

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is some of your best work yet!

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com... The Great Queen HS2023

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Right On! New contest!

Thank you for always keeping these going.

The Rebel Prince of Bel Air

Since I have already made Job an Afghanistan poppy farmer, I figure I will make Buddha a trust fund LA rich kid.
edit on 2-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
OK, I'll get to work on it. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Thank you . Being a limrick, it's difficult to keep it, ah, clean.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Like a record baby round round round round.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

A traditional Christmas sing-along with a Classic ATS twist...

The Twelve ATS Days of Christmas

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

PM4U

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Writer

Storm Glass Weather Predictor…HS2023

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Good skill to everybody!!! I hope to have inspiration to compete with all of you!!

Very happy to see the new contest.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join