It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘New war crime’: Colombia’s president slams Israeli attacks on hospitals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

What power/means do civilians have to not be human shields. Everyone with a weapon is Hamas...the rest are hostages basically. When is its ok to kill the hostages to get to the hostage takers...I know...its when you want to take the land and kill off the people who live on it. Who put Hamas in power anyway...

So people say human shields, but are they really? If they support Hamas they are there because they want to be there. I have said a number of times it's not just a small group of terrorists, it's many layers of support over many decades with what we call civilians mixed in very deeply with what we would call Hamas.

Below is an example of the "civilians" as they are deeply entwined with the fighters so this really shows how deeply Muslims want to wipe the Jews off the map and many here say they just need to talk it all over... Take this one fighter and think about how every young man in Gaza has the same desire, think about each of their families that would also praise them for killing as many as they can.

In the recording, parents can be heard praising their son after he tells them exultantly that he murdered 10 Jews during Oct. 7 terror onslaught in southern Israel

In the call, the man can be heard excitedly telling his parents that he is in Mefalsim, a kibbutz near the Gaza border and that he alone killed 10 Jews.

“Look how many I killed with my own hands! Your son killed Jews!” he says, according to an English translation.

“Mom, your son is a hero,” he later adds.

His parents are heard praising him during the call. Identified by his father as Mahmoud, the terrorist says he is calling his family from the phone of a Jewish woman he’s just murdered, and implores them to check his WhatsApp messages for further documentation.

“I wish I was with you,” the mother says.

edit on x30Mon, 13 Nov 2023 07:22:31 -06002023316America/ChicagoMon, 13 Nov 2023 07:22:31 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

“Hospitals and other medical facilities are civilian objects that have special protections under international humanitarian law, or the laws of war. Hospitals only lose their protection from attack if they are being used to commit ‘acts harmful to the enemy’, and after a required warning,” it said.

Israel claims that Hamas fighters have set up command centres beneath hospitals like al-Shifa and the Indonesian Hospital – claims Hamas and the hospital staff deny.

“These claims are contested,” HRW said. “Human Rights Watch has not been able to corroborate them, nor seen any information that would justify attacks on Gaza hospitals.”

HRW also criticised the “sweeping nature” of Israel’s evacuation orders, which did not take into account specific requirements for hospitals and patients. The group said there was no way to ensure safe compliance as “there is no reliably secure way to flee or safe place to go in Gaza”, which raised concerns that “the purpose was not to protect civilians, but to terrify them into leaving”.

“The Israeli government should immediately end unlawful attacks on hospitals, ambulances, and other civilian objects, as well as its total blockade of the Gaza Strip, which amounts to the war crime of collective punishment,” HRW said.

It added that Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups should also take feasible precautions to protect civilians under their control.

Israel’s attacks on hospitals ‘should be investigated as war crimes’: HRW

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Well there will be credible witnesses from many humanitarian organizations and Doctors Without Borders to bring to that trial along with any evidence of artillery found at the scene. Some satellite images clearly show there are no entrances to tunnels and I think an independent investigation will be absolutely necessary. As for Israel offering up any of their strategic operations records, don't hold your breath.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
November 14, 2023

Israel Military RAID Underway at the main GAZA Hospital, where Hamas military operates from, and also beneath the structure.

Summary
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

Israel says it targets 'specified area' of hospital

Army spokesman calls Al Shifa 'a central hub' of Hamas operations, 'perhaps even the beating heart and maybe even a centre of gravity'

Medical teams and Arabic speakers part of Israeli operation

Hamas says it holds Israel, US president fully responsible
More at: www.reuters.com...

"HAMAS" should not be issuing statements. Those officials should have been killed weeks ago, as Netanyahu promised.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/15/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

They said they don't bomb hospitals, now they say they had to break with the Geneva Conventions. But some of you "smart" people will lap it up regardless.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same experiment and expecting different results.”

- Albert Einstein
edit on 15-11-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Well there will be credible witnesses from many humanitarian organizations and Doctors Without Borders to bring to that trial along with any evidence of artillery found at the scene. Some satellite images clearly show there are no entrances to tunnels and I think an independent investigation will be absolutely necessary. As for Israel offering up any of their strategic operations records, don't hold your breath.

The UN, Amnesty International, the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, independent journalists and lawyers are all good and credible sources in the majority of cases. They have consistently given the same picture about what is happening in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

The UN, Amnesty International, the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, independent journalists and lawyers are all good and credible sources in the majority of cases. They have consistently given the same picture about what is happening in Gaza.

Propaganda.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Go Israel go.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeStupidName

originally posted by: Leviathan4

Propaganda.

Let see this again.

Propaganda is what the IDF said a few days ago i.e that there is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

There is no comparison between the Red Cross or Amnesty International with the IDF.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join