It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘New war crime’: Colombia’s president slams Israeli attacks on hospitals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Gustavo Petro has been an outspoken critic of Israel’s actions in Gaza over the past weeks.

Amid Israel’s continuing attacks on Gaza hospitals today, the Colombian president also slammed governments in the US and Europe for allowing Israel to commit what he described as “crimes against humanity”.

He called on countries in the Global South to refuse to buy weapons from “any country that supports this genocide”.

Read more about why Petro and other left-wing leaders in Latin America are taking a stand against Israel, here.

‘New war crime’: Colombia’s president slams Israeli attacks on hospitals

Sanctions? More sanctions!

Will western "leaders" ever stop to support those crimes against humanity?
He's not wrong, is he?

Gaza’s health ministry has said Israeli forces are attacking the vicinity of Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, causing widespread panic. The director of Al-Shifa has called Israel’s claim that a Hamas command centre sits under it an “utter lie”.
The new attacks come after officials said the hospital was bombed five times since Thursday night; They called it part of a wider siege on hospitals in northern Gaza, including attacks on the Al-Nasr Medical Centre and Al-Quds Hospital and the encircling of Al-Rantisi Hospital, the eye and mental health hospitals.
Israel has said, “If we see Hamas terrorists firing from hospitals, we’ll do what we need to do”.

Same source, the footage from Al Jazeera looks really bad.
I think it's save to say they've lost it completely now, with all those attacks on medical facilities.

Over the past few days, several hospitals in Gaza have reported damage from Israeli airstrikes, according to witnesses on the ground and humanitarian aid groups.

The Palestinian Red Crescent Society said on Monday that an aircraft "targeted the vicinity of the Al-Quds Hospital with two rockets, approximately 50 meters from the hospital's gate."

The Rantissi Children's Hospital and the Nasser Hospital Complex also have been damaged through direct and indirect airstrikes, according to the Ministry of Health in Gaza and the United Nations.

Israel has also struck Al-Shifa Hospital, Gaza's largest medical facility and where thousands of sick, injured and others are being treated and sheltered, and the Indonesian Hospital. Some strikes have hit the hospitals' infrastructure directly; others struck in their vicinity, like an ambulance convoy outside Al-Shifa on Friday.

Health officials in Gaza said that on Nov. 6, Al-Shifa Hospital's fifth floor was hit by Israeli airstrikes, destroying the building's solar panels — the facility's last source for energy. The attack reportedly killed several people, including displaced individuals sheltering there for safety, the health officials said.

Gaza's hospitals report growing threats from Israeli airstrikes

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Will western "leaders" ever stop to support those crimes against humanity?
He's not wrong, is he?

No he isn't wrong and no they won't stop supporting those crimes because they / we are complicit in them , history will damn them.
edit on 10-11-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And who exactly put the military targets in and under the hospitals? Hamas did that. Hiding in and under the civilians is what they do.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Of course if the Hamas terrorists stopped hiding in hospitals and using them for storage of their ammo etc...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-11-2023 by bruce88 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Hamas is just as guilty for killing people. They know very well that attacking Israel will bring reprisals. They are just as responsible as if they did it themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What power/means do civilians have to not be human shields. Everyone with a weapon is Hamas...the rest are hostages basically. When is its ok to kill the hostages to get to the hostage takers...I know...its when you want to take the land and kill off the people who live on it. Who put Hamas in power anyway...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So IDF knows where Hamas is located in Gaza but don't know if they killed Hamas militants or not, after 10,000+ civilian deaths?

Neither did they know what was going on at their borders so as to prevent the Hamas attack?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So if my family is starving and my only choice to feed them is hunting a deer but the only one I can find is encircled by 7 year olds.... You see where I'm going with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
But Hamas is blending in with the civilians, they can't take any chances. Maybe those people in those hospitals should have packed up their stuff and fled to Egypt or something? If Israel stops killing innocent civilians then they'll look weak and looking strong is what really matters in all this, not human rights.

Just ignore the fact that "they're hiding in the crowds" is the same excuse genocidal maniacs would use to convince their followers to justify a genocide.

It is kind of ironic that the Jews fled Egypt in the OT to escape persecution and now Israel is basically forcing Palestinians to flee into Egypt to escape the genocide taking place in Gaza. Very ironic actually.
edit on 10-11-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bruce88

Of course if the Hamas terrorists stopped hiding in hospitals and using them for storage of their ammo etc...

"We have reasons"

Exhibit B & C: admission and justification of a new war-crime.
Hard to be mad with Iran or Turkey if they declared war now, innit?

Are we the baddies?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

originally posted by: bruce88

"We have reasons"

Exhibit B & C: admission and justification of a new war-crime.
Hard to be mad with Iran or Turkey if they declared war now, innit?

Are we the baddies?

We can never be the baddies. All others are the baddies.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

And who exactly put the military targets in and under the hospitals? Hamas did that. Hiding in and under the civilians is what they do.

The Al Jazeera network mistakenly exposed Hamas operatives inside the Indonesian hospital. The network deletes all traces of the video, but the Internet does not forget.

t.me...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea2

So if my family is starving and my only choice to feed them is hunting a deer but the only one I can find is encircled by 7 year olds.... You see where I'm going with that.

So you start bombing the children to the left of the deer and then to the right and during the chaos the deer escapes. What are you left with?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Once again, the hospital attack was DEBUNKED.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Hard to make out a thing in the sea of heads, but you go ahead and kill some more kids in the process.

You don't have to do this, keep it for the ICC?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

This thread pretty much verified the attack on the other hospital as well, you guys don't use simple deduction at court?

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Once again, the hospital attack was DEBUNKED.

does that mean it can't be used to garner attention and support? Sounds a bit harsh.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Countries openly supportive of Gaza and the Palestinian people

Columbia - “crimes against humanity” and a call on countries in the Global South to refuse to buy weapons from “any country that supports this genocide”.

South Africa - Has also accused Israel of genocide. Diplomats and Ambassador recalled from Israel, solidarity with the Palestinian people (likening Gaza to Apartheid) and called on ICC to arrest Netanyahu.

Yemen - Houthi (rebels?) have declared against Israel (Houthi's thought to be Iranian/Hezbollah vassal)

Many world leaders have openly expressed concern for the people of Gaza and/or called for ceasefire, boycott and embargo of Israeli goods, few have openly condemned Israel, nobody is talking about war between Israel and Palestine, only war between Israel and Hamas.

Ok, so that is all I've got - with propaganda in full flow, hard to sift how many nations leaders are no longer hedging.

Has anyone openly declared for Israel? Hard to declare for Palestine or Gaza, being as neither are recognised as nations.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That is the latest in number of condemnations against the Israeli Government and Army by politicians, officials, lawyers, etc.

A few days ago the Deputy PM of Belgium argued that sanctions are needed against Israel.

We all know that Israel is committing war crimes and has lost the communication war already. They wanted to control social media and try to push a narrative but this hasn't happened. If it wasn't for the MSM that made everything possible so to present the situation in Gaza as it is, the war would have stopped long time ago due to the public's reaction.

Those who committed war crimes must be held accountable. It seems there is an expectation by some officials in the US and elsewhere that they won't but that's a false expectation. Whoever commits crimes pays heavy price at the end either it's Hamas or IDF.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We're all a bit dense, that's what AyýyTS is now. Read the NPR article from the OP, you are confusing this row of new attacks with the old ones.

I already garnered attention and support with my other accounts, didn't I? This is us having our yummy beef in the afterlife. Makes you miss the funny Transgender-genocides from our more prolific authors, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join