It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over DC in 1952, Jets Scrambled

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Anal is really the only way to be when you're talking about a subject that commonly endures ridicule...despite the evidence. Still, I'd avoid the term as it evokes a probing response...

Essh...uuuh....ok, noted.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Very good case with excellent evidence. One of the statements that I find EXTREMELY INTERESTING to say the least is this, [/QUOTE]Then -- a few days before the first sightings at National Airport -- Ruppelt interviewed a government scientist who made a startling prediction that Ruppelt recorded in his 1956 memoir, "The Report on Unidentified FlyingObjects."

"Within the next few days," the unidentified scientist said, banging his hand on his desk for emphasis, "you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The sighting will occur in Washington or New York -- probably Washington."

'Falling Stars Without Tails'[/QUOTE]

Lucky guess? A little to lucky for my tastes, what I wouldn't give to interview that scientists. Gazrok have you ever seen any other specific information on that part of the event?

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This case has always interested me. These things were seen by so many people and had the Air Force scared. The official explanations about thermal inversion layers don't make sense.

I was a FireControlman in the Navy for six years aboard an Aegis destroyer. In the Navy FireControlman (FC's) are the weapon system techs (we control the firing of the ship's weapons). I've had a lot of training on radar systems and spent my fair time sitting at a radar console when the ship was underway. Occassionally we'd get "zoomers" which were false returns. They'd make your heart jump when you suddenly saw a target appear near the horizon coming inbound at Mach 4, but then they would disappear just as fast. They would only last a second or two. For these things to linger on radar for six hours and do be confirmed visually, this was no atmospheric affect.

Part of me wants to say it was a 'drill' to test the Air Force response time, the results of that would surely be classified. However, it just couldn't be because the 'things' outperformed our best fighters of the time.

This is one of the few cases I've seen that really has 'something there' and could very well be genuine advanced technology.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
why do you think the photo in question is just "reflections"?

i am a bit confused; as i have never seen this "reflection" phenomena in the literally tens of thousands of photos ive seen in my life

why is this photo so fake? please explain that to me

or are you just another govt disinformation agent spewing BS

lol

if you dont mind; please explain in elaborate detail
thanks mate

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's not a "fake" it's just a misinterpretation. The animated gif I posted illustrates the issue of inner camera/lens reflections.

Why havent you seen that kind of reflection, you mean? I have no idea, I've seen it a million times. Most often shooting in a pitch environment at a bright light source. Seen a lens flare before? Same kind of aberration. Light reflects inside the lens, the lens flips and reverses the image of that reflection, and you get the highest points of concentrated light as positives on a negative.

It's pretty common, we have alot of filters today to counter that today. Back then it was probably alot more frequent.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

2, It also could and might be..... IT's. Inner-Terrestials. Meaning Non-Humans from our planet. Beings who live inside our planet. The Germans in WW2 had a base in Antartica. The reason? Supposivly there's a spot that's an intrance to inside the Earth.

You're stating this as fact?

No I'm not stating it as fact. I'm stating it as a theory that hasn't been proven, nor disproven. Which means further investigation is needed. H--- after I finnish school I might even re-trace the route Rear Admiral Byrd took.
And see for myself if there's an entrance in the North pole area.

You do realize of course, that we and many other nations have since been to Antarctica and have numerous permanent outposts there.

Yes? What's the point? The idea that WW2 was between the "allies" and "axis" is just a small picture. There's a big picture, then an even bigger picture, and an even bigger picture. The elite families of the world, funded America, Britian, Russia, France, and Germany. Hitler was directly funded by the USA, before (in preperation of) WW2, and during WW2. Yes you got that right, while the USA was fighting Hitler, the USA was at the same time giving Hitler money. At the top, pulling all the strings, were the Rothschild family and cartel.
It got a bit too obvious, soo obvioius, that the president had to pass a new law specifically saying it's illegal for American companies to give and aid Hitler. LOL!

After the war Hitler, and the elite Germans (who were of the same blood as the elite families who control Britian, and America) were smuggled out. The name of the operation was called Project Paperclip. Some quietly lived in the USA, some in S. America. Some in other parts of Europe. (Everyone check out the movie "Hellboy" it touches on the esoteric, and many stuff this site is about. People thought it was a joke when the leader of the US special ops says Hitler never died "Oh, that's what they taught you in school?" LOL!)

I'm mentioning all this cuz if there is still a Nazi base in Antartica there's no reason for the USA and/or Europe to be mad, or see it as something bad. Cuz the USA and Europe and the Nazi's are all the same forces .... when you look at the top, top, top, levels. The big, big, big, big, big, picture. Again, the Rothschild family and cartel is at the top, top, top, level of all this. Owning and running the banking system, monatary system, in America, Britian, and Germany. Even one Rothschild once said "Give me control of a nation's money, and I could care less what their laws are."

I'm sure you noticed in almost every modern movie with Nazi's in them, it always shows the Nazi's invovled in the supernatural, the esoteric. They really were into that stuff. Why? Cuz a lot of it is true. How much of that supernatural stuff is true, we'll never know.

Not to mention, there is almost nothing to support this, nor the Hollow Earth theory.

There's a lot that supports the "hollow earth theory". You can start by checking out the book "The Biggest Secret" by David Icke. You can read it for free at any major bookstore like Barnes & Noble, Strand, Collesium Books, whatever. They have chairs for customers to sit and read any book for free. Or if you can afford it, buy it and read it whenever you want.

And of course, the biggest logical pitfall of this is the simple fact that if the "surviving" Nazis had such weapons, then surely they would have been able to regain some of their former glory, and would certainly have USED them...not just died off in obscurity in Antarctica....
Also, between the US and the USSR, their scientists were pretty much rounded up, so we'd know of such advances.

No, there's no "biggest pitfall" if you stop looking at the small picture. And research the big, big, big, big, picture.

The biggest reason to rule out terrestrial sources is a simple one. The most advanced nations on Earth technologically, BOTH were plagued with these UFOs buzzing their defense installations with impunity...and BOTH didn't have a clue what they were.

Then why did the Nazi's make a base in the Antartic? Why did they raid Egyptian temples? Why did Hitler, Himmler, and their top crew make trips to Asia and study under Asian teachers? What were they studying? Where did the idea of the Nazi's using the Swastika come from? (Here's a hint, its a 4,000 year old esoteric symbol.)

None of the ET's or IT's plagued either side. They never slaughtered soldiers, or destroyed ships, tanks, airplanes. It's more along the lines they were watching, observing. Some say even giving small crumbs of technological advice to both sides (more to the Germans. Since all modern technology comes from WW2 Germany.)

But life has lived on this planet hundreds of thousands, to millions, to billions, of years before humans ever existed on this planet. (The Bible says this, as well as non-Bible sources like the Baalbek Stones, the Piri Reis map, which was made from older maps. [It's an aeral map of Antartica before it got covered with its ice cap!] and more.) They can still be living on this planet. Except inside it. Once in a while taking trips to our side of it in their flying machines.

Are there ET's? Yes. Could there be IT's? Yes. Who's flying the "UFO's" we see? The ET's, IT's, or... both!

[edit on 13-4-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
First off, this thread is about UFOs over Washington. The idea of them being Nazi UFOs from Antarctica is a personal pet theory of yours. If you wish, I'll be happy to discuss it in another thread if you wish to start one... Yes, I've read Icke, and all about Nazi interest in the occult. Yes I've looked into the whole Nazis in Antarctica idea.

Back to the topic...

Lucky guess? A little to lucky for my tastes, what I wouldn't give to interview that scientists. Gazrok have you ever seen any other specific information on that part of the event?

Yes and no. I haven't seen Ruppelt name the scientist by name, but I could swear that I've seen that prediction in the FOIA documents....maybe even in what I posted, will have to review to be certain.

To the photo, I never claimed it to be genuine, I just thought it a good illustration to serve as a visualization. I couldn't substantiate the photo at the time of posting, so I didn't speak about the photo. In hindsight, I should have clarified this (I did with an Edit).

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
EDIT: Found the reference I was looking for. Not FOIA, and I can't really fully substantiate this source...but, it does give you a name, and an interesting one at that...

>>"A few days prior to the incident _a scientist, from an agency
>>that I can't name_, and I were talking about the build-up of
>>reports along the east coast of the United States. We talked for
>>about two hours, and I was ready to leave when he said that he
>>had one last comment to make - a prediction. From his study of
>>the UFO reports that he was getting from Air Force Headquarters,
>>and from discussions with his colleagues, he said that he
>>thought that we were sitting right on top of a big keg full of
>>loaded flying saucers. 'Within the next few days,' he told me,
>>and I remember that he punctuated his slow, deliberate remarks
>>by hitting the desk with his fist, 'they're going to blow up and
>>you're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings. The
>>sighting will occur in Washington or New York,"' he predicted,
>>'probably Washington.' The trend in the UFO reports that this
>>scientist based his prediction on hadn't gone unnoticed. We on
>>Project Blue Book had seen it, and so had the people in the
>>Pentagon; we all had talked about it."

>My guess: Dr. Stephen Possony... who used the existence of
>flying saucer reports as a justification for traveling around
>collecting saucer stories.

That is correct Stefan T. Possony but there is more to it which I
can't go into here.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Another connection to Ruppelt here….

www.virtuallystrange.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the new info, now that I look at it it seems that the scientist just made a really good calculated guess that came true.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If the name is correct. I can't verify it...but I was asked if I had any more info, not if I had any more "hard" info....
A Google on the name given is VERY interesting indeed....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reviving the thread:
To me, the UFOs look pretty small in the picture(maybe it's just me?). Would that be beceause they are high up in the air...or somethng else?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The picture was just for illustrative purposes (as disclaimed), it isn't meant to be an actual photographic record of the event.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The picture was just for illustrative purposes (as disclaimed), it isn't meant to be an actual photographic record of the event.

Oops, sry, my bad.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Indeed a good post , I can sit for hours just thinking
( Yet I don`t )

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Great presentation of a fascinating story. Really well done. Proves there were craft out there then that could violate our most protected airspace with impunity. These craft were not controlled by any known government or political/military force. They may have been piloted by extra-terrestials.

I don't believe it can be ruled out that UFOs may also be piloted by super-terrestials. Not necessarily (but possibly) hollow earth dwellers or Nazi remnants, but an advanced civilization from here on Earth. Ayn Rand had some interesting ideas about this in her book 'the Fountainhead'. They even had a cloaking device over their secret base in the Rockies. These 'Shangri-la' type myths abound in human culture. Who's to say they aren't rooted in fact?

I find it entirely possible that there is at least one society of super-terrestials living right here on Earth, maybe beneath Antarctica, or beneath the oceans, concealing themselves from and covertly attempting to exert control over the rest of the general populace. Maybe their technological edge, demonstrated to Byrd in '47 and over DC in '52, gave them just enough leverage to get a secret treaty out of Truman, instead of an A-bomb. Maybe that has been the real 'Cold War'. If so, some sort of showdown is inevitable. When the veil of secrecy surrounding all of this is lifted, and it will be, the fragile truce will dissolve.

Lots of interesting stuff to think about. Thanks, Gazrok, for the definitive information. The rest is just my speculation.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I actually used this case as an example in an ATS debate I was in about a year ago...

One of the things I was struck by was the fact that one of the same generals who handled the Roswell incident was also in DC on this night (General Dubose) and, the next morning, found himself fielding (and parleying) most of the questions from the press. I've wondered, since first coming across this odd tidbit, if the overflights of washington were planned or expected in some way... if they were some show of force that the military was expecting to see and so they had one of the point men for UFO debunking nearby...

All in all, it has to be remembered that the summer of 1952 saw perhaps the most ominous wave of UFO sightings in history. Craft buzzed capitals, aircraft at close range, and, throughout the year, there were numerous cases of aircraft vanishing while pursuing UFOs (I wrote a pretty detailed thread, years ago, about the Lake Superior F-89 Scorpion incident... I'll try to find it again). Stepping back and looking at it as one continous event, a person might conclude that the government was involved in open hostilities with the force that operates the UFOs at this point in time. Close overflights of the US capitol -- for which no serious defense could be provided by the F-94s -- might have been the psychological ploy needed to intimidate the US government into a less aggressive stance towards the UFOs.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I wrote a pretty detailed thread, years ago, about the Lake Superior F-89 Scorpion incident... I'll try to find it again

Sounds like Kinross...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What I find amazing is that there was no panic, freak outs, not anyone who really paid any attentiom..So, if the public could handle it back then, why not now?
The average citizen just thought it was a fascinating light show.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The average citizen at that time had an almost child-like faith in their government and its military institutions. We had, after all, just emerged victorious from a World War and had what was thought to be the ultimate peacekeeping weapon in our own arsenal. While Pearl Harbor had been attacked, it was way off in Hawaii, and the contiguous US, as far as John Q Citizen was concerned, was inviolate and untouchable.

We know better now. Our citizens have lived through Dallas 1963, Viet Nam, Watergate, Gas Rationing, the hostage crisis, Iran-Contra, and 9-11, where we saw once and for all that the military couldn't stop every attempt at mayhem on our own shores.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I've been reading Ruppelt's book 'The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects' recently and the Washington episode is one of the most interesting parts of the book IMHO. I think it raises some interesing questions about 'the UFOs'.

Apparently there was a dignificant build up of 'good reports' on the east coast, which led to that scientists prediction. Military installations all over the USA were also 'swamped' with reports over the same time period.

There was, at least more obviously than other sightings, some kind of purpose and strategy to this activity and ultimately in centered on Washington and strategic installations around the country. Yet nothing seems to have happened! It's tempting to speculate that something possibly did happen but it's not clear what it was.

I also noted on the first (of the two big Washington Buzzings) that ARTC made repeated calls to scramble interceptors yet only one F94 turned up after daylight (over 6 hours after it all began and after it was all over). Yet Reppelt's book repeatedly has timely interceptions in almost all other reports where the request was made. I realize it's a bit off thread but this is reminiscent of 9-11 and the sluggish interception ability of the airforce. Was the order given to 'wait & see what happens?' in this case?

Whatever did happen Ruppelt was forced back to Dayton very quickly and could not even get expenses or orders to travel around Washington to make interviews. In fact he would be AWOL if he didn't return to Dayton.

Back then (judging from the reports) the UFOs weren't too bothered about being seen only when interceptors got radar lock ons did they speed away. I'd be very interested to know what peoples theories are about the whole Washington episode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join