It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired Chicago judge disbarred over stealing $240K from her Tuskegee Airman uncle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

A retired Chicago judge was stripped of her law license after she was accused of stealing more than $240,000 from her decorated World War II veteran uncle to buy cryptocurrency.

Patricia Martin admitted to misappropriating funds trusted to her by her uncle, Oscar Wilkerson Jr., and his power of attorney while the honorable Tuskegee Airman was in the care of a nursing home, according to CBS Chicago.

Martin was disbarred on consent, according to court records filed in the Illinois Supreme Court on Thursday.

“She intentionally used for her own purposes more than $240,000 she had agreed to hold for an elderly relative who was residing in a nursing home, made false statements to the physician who held her relative’s power of attorney about the balances in his bank and investment accounts, and did not produce documents in response to an ARDC subpoena,” the court’s Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission said.

Martin had served as a Circuit Judge for the Cook County Circuit Court in Illinois for 24 years before she retired in 2020.

She admitted to stealing Wilkerson’s life savings in June.

Absolute greed and immorality.
We suppose to trust judges to be impartial, fair, to have very good principles and to show the rest how one should conduct themselves and abide by the laws and all ethical standards. A judge who had no morals and did steal $240K from an elderly relative was disbarred without facing any further charges but if any of us steal even a fraction of this sum of money I am sure we will be going to jail for a number of years.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 24-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The key word nearly everyone will not see "retired"
So , instead of a criminal sentence , a retired judge got disbarred.
What a joke.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The key word nearly everyone will not see "retired"
So , instead of a criminal sentence , a retired judge got disbarred.
What a joke.

An absolute joke!

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised? Location, location, craps!

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I am guessing she has buddies in Obama's camp.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm gonna say one word and it will explain everything a person needs to know about this story.

Chicago.

The most corrupt place on the face of the earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Moron Spammer

edit on 9/25/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I'm gonna say one word and it will explain everything a person needs to know about this story.

Chicago.

I ve never been to Chicago.
Is it that bad?

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

Chicago.

Is it that bad?

It spawned Obama AND Hillary. Not to mention crap people like Valerie Jarrett and Lori Lightfoot.
It should be walled off and never opened up again.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That Should be Renamed CROOK COUNTY.
Seems to be lots of Criminals there.
a reply to: Muldar

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Is it that bad?

When you have multiple governors sentenced to prison, as well as other high-ranking officials, and they're all Democrats - Houston, we have a problem. The "Chicago Machine" is not the name of a pop group but a real, functioning organization that keeps Democrats in power over and over. And they've been working it since the late 1800s. A very good book to read which details the Chicago Machine is "Up Against Daley," published in 1974 by the Open Court Publishing Company. (I have the First Edition.)

Why, practically since Illinois became a state in 1818, it's been controlled by Democrats. When Abraham Lincoln was a first-term local politician in the early 1800s, Democrats would get to the state government house early, then they would lock the doors and not allow the Republicans to enter. Then they would pass all the laws that they wanted. How much further proof of Democrat corruption do people need?

TCB

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Is it that bad?

When you have multiple governors sentenced to prison, as well as other high-ranking officials, and they're all Democrats - Houston, we have a problem. The "Chicago Machine" is not the name of a pop group but a real, functioning organization that keeps Democrats in power over and over. And they've been working it since the late 1800s. A very good book to read which details the Chicago Machine is "Up Against Daley," published in 1974 by the Open Court Publishing Company. (I have the First Edition.)

Why, practically since Illinois became a state in 1818, it's been controlled by Democrats. When Abraham Lincoln was a first-term local politician in the early 1800s, Democrats would get to the state government house early, then they would lock the doors and not allow the Republicans to enter. Then they would pass all the laws that they wanted. How much further proof of Democrat corruption do people need?

TCB

Agree strongly with what you said.
I am impressed with the audacity and nerves by this woman who won't face any charges as it seems.

new topics

top topics

join