It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Man Concert What a Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I’m not into the concert scene. Too much chaos, too hard to escape, too many mind numbed people.
Burning man said HOLD MY BEER!

What an epic disaster.

www.nytimes.com...

Trapped in Mud, Burning Man Attendees Are Told to Conserve Food As the festival in the remote Nevada desert became encased in mud after heavy rains on Friday night, the police opened an investigation on Saturday into the death of an attendee.

Not trying to put down my fellow man, but there comes a point where you have to question what do people expect going to things like this? It IS literally a disaster waiting to happen.
Woodstock 1999 had similar ill results. Back to Burning Man. So you have tens of thousands of people in a very remote area, what could go wrong?
Well they got a ton of rain all at once and it made travel impossible. Thick sticky car stalling mud.
I love how they are telling people to conserve food and water and at the same time it appears there isn’t cell service.

Let’s back up just a second….What is Burning man??

azburners.org...#:~:text=Individuality%20and%20radical%20self%20expression,the%20culture%20of%20Burning%20Man.&text=Our%20comm unity%20values%20creative%20cooperation,communication%20that%20support%20such%20interaction.

What does the Burning Man symbolize? Burning Man is all about self-expression and the rejection of corporatism and capitalism. The experience of creating and viewing art and living in the moment is Burning Man's purpose. Attendees famously create a fleeting, self-sustaining community that (theoretically) leaves no trace or trash upon its completion.Aug 27, 2022

Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.

AZ Burners pro tip: Bring everything you need to survive in a harsh desert environment. There will be no water, no food vendors, and no merch. The only amenity provided will be portapotties.

Sorry the meanie in me is cracking up at that self-sustaining part….I guess they should send those rescue vehicles back on their way right?
I’m curious to see how this pans out as they are still in the thick of it, PUN intended 🤣

For the deep conspiracy theorists out there, interesting all the evil that seems to be happening with music and these concerts over the last decade.
Seems to be getting worse too.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I've never understood 'burning man'.
I'm glad you started this thread.
It looks occult to me trying to be disguised
as some hippie concert thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I was wondering when someone was going to post this story? It's bad apparently the lake bed mud is highly acidic and causing severe rashes on people there. Also there is rumors of Ebola breaking out as well.

Btw, it's not a concert.

edit on 9 3 2023 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

Looks like the Ebola scare may have been a fake post on social media.

www.nationalworld.com...

Aside from that it looks like a complete and utter quagmire.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets
I was wondering when someone was going to post this story? It's bad apparently the lake bed mud is highly acidic and causing severe rashes on people there. Also there is rumors of Ebola breaking out as well.

Btw, it's not a concert.

Ok it’s a festival with concerts. On a “dry” lake bed….what could go wrong.
Next concert should be held in a detention pond in Las Vegas before predicted rain.

Also, If you are running out of water, and there is rain, capture it and
Boil it and drink that. That is a better choice than collecting standing water. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
“They’ve” been trying to shut it down for years.

Unless it can legally be shut down — the diehards will return next year.

It’s Burning Man.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sounds like the hippies are about to get a crash course in communal living during a disaster.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's the link to the Twitter/X page discussing being locked down, running out of supplies, rumors of a possible deadly virus and no aid coming in.

[twitter.com...]

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Hippies can't afford Burning Man anymore.

Now it's all rich influencers and tech bros.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Here's the link to the Twitter/X page discussing being locked down, running out of supplies, rumors of a possible deadly virus and no aid coming in.

[twitter.com...]

Coughing up coagulated blood………..😳

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Burning Man is not a concert. The dry lake bed ("playa") is composed of a very fine, silt-like, material typically found at the bottom of lakes and rivers, and is many feet deep. The Playa, in fact floods and becomes a lake, many square miles wide (but only a few inches to a couple of feet deep) every year during the rainy season.

The recent drought over the western US has allowed many to forget the true nature of the Playa. The very fine silt is not acidic, in fact, it is highly alkaline; which can cause skin rashes in sensitive people. This especially the case when the silt dust invades Everything!. It is especially damaging to delicate electronic devices.

When wet, the silt turns into a thick, sticky, mud; somewhere between the infamouse Georgia Red Clay, and quicksand.

That said, the usual weather-related hazard associated with Burning Man is not rain, but heat. The Playa, when dry, is a blindingly light colored beige that act as a reflector to the blazing sun of the high Nevada desert. Participants are thoroughly cautioned to beware the heat and maintain sufficient hydration.

The Playa is also considered an environmentally fragile area, and as such, is under the protective jurisdiction of the national Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and a strict policy of "Leave No Trace" is enforced on all who use the Playa.

It is not surprising that the participants have been caught off guard by the turn of weather; rain, not to mention so much rain, this early in the season, is very unusual.

And (BLM) restrictions designed to prevent permanent damage to the Playa by rutting caused by heavy vehicles plowing through the now muddy playa, would certainly hamper "rescue" efforts.

I've never attended a Burning Man festival myself. I did, however used to attend high-powered hobby rocketry launch events in an area adjacent to the traditional Burning Man "village" site on numerous occasions.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
“They’ve” been trying to shut it down for years.

Unless it can legally be shut down — the diehards will return next year.

It’s Burning Man.

I hear they’re going to rename it “Drowning Man”.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not so long ago……

They always show us before things happen….

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wow this is the first time I even heard of burning man and what it means, funny that it rained in the desert and caused the burning man concert to be a failure.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If the mercs from Blackwater show up to provide 'security,' I'd start to get worried.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You lot would absolutely hate Glastonbury......

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What if they start breeding?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It was fun just before the event, when protesters blocked the road in, causing a miles long traffic jam in the desert. The tribal police showed up, drove right though! Loved it! listening to them wail like children. I'm ok with protest, but blocking roads, throwing paint at museums..etc, not helping anything.

edit on 3-9-2023 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ilikesecrets

Btw, it's not a concert.

The mud is alkaline not acidic (PH of about 10) and will cause alkaline rash.
Been to burning man. i also have been stuck in the mud of the black rock playa and its that sticky gumbo mud and even without rain you can have spots of 6 inches of mud covered with a inch of dry clay over it and not even know the mud is there till you drive into it.
It took me about 6 hours to get out with snow chains, and I was in a 4-wheel drive truck with a winch, but there is nothing to anchor to.
November to May everyone stays off the playa. and i have seen trucks stuck on the playa for months
The fun part is you can wear anything to burning man or nothing and walk around nude if you want, there is no dress code.
i always wore just a tan kilt. Nothing else.
edit on 3-9-2023 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
It was fun just before the event, when protesters blocked the road in, causing a miles long traffic jam in the desert. The tribal police showed up, drove right though! Loved it! listening to them wail like children. I'm ok with protest, but blocking roads, throwing paint at museums..etc, not helping anything.

normal laws are not in effect on tribal land and it's just like laws on a military base and the cops on military bases. good luck trying to sue tribal cops in tribal court or military cops on a military base in federal court.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join