It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Man Concert What a Disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Burning Man .....................My Life For You !

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The sight of the festival is at Black Rock Lake. The place becomes Black Rock City during the event.

There are rumors that fema is there and a fence put up. Supplies cant get it but cel towers were brought in and put up Saturday.

I'd walk 5 miles like Chris Rock to the bus station

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Not so long ago……

They always show us before things happen….
Glad you posted this. I shows the demonic intent.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Burning Man started out with just a small group of people and now it's become a corporate nightmare. Greed and money.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Burning Man is all about ... the rejection of corporatism and capitalism.

Say the people who are charging hundreds of dollars a head for tickets and contracting "celebrities and influencers" to create a high profile.

The gullibility and utter stupidity of the masses continues to amuse me. No longer surprises me, but amuses me.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I've never understood 'burning man'.
I'm glad you started this thread.
It looks occult to me trying to be disguised
as some hippie concert thing.

It is.
From an old "Long Haired Tree Hugging Hippie" of yore .

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I Id burning man as the Wicka man of Wiccan Witches

obviously occult related.

Best of luck dudes

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Biggest concert I ever went to had 500 people. The 5,000 mosquitos made me leave.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It's been a going on for 37 years. I think it will recover just fine by next year but maybe a few less enthusiasts will be in attendance. The amount of money that goes into that event is CRAZY wild.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just saw on the evening news interviewed a guy who looked to be in his mid 40'3; he said he HAS to get home because his children are home alone. He 's planning on driving out through the barricades; I hope he gets a HUGE fine.

You don't leave your children home alone while you go party. Court ordered parenting classes might not be a bad idea, too.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i go to edc las vegas each year.
it is EPIC.
i look out to the desert, and i think, that place is insane.

concerts rule.
i used to go to concerts 2-3 days a week.
now i go 2-3 times a month on a good month lol.

im a power lifter, former bouncer, so i know my way around crowds.

my advice, never get wasted or drunk in massive crowds or a big bar or club.
if you have your wits about you, things should be aok.

burning man has been around forever.
every once in a while, things like this hit.

edc only sells 3 day tickets now, because one year the winds were so bad they had to shut down one night.
and if you bought a ticket JUST for that night, you spent a ton of money to get turned away.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: vonclod
It was fun just before the event, when protesters blocked the road in, causing a miles long traffic jam in the desert. The tribal police showed up, drove right though! Loved it! listening to them wail like children. I'm ok with protest, but blocking roads, throwing paint at museums..etc, not helping anything.

normal laws are not in effect on tribal land and it's just like laws on a military base and the cops on military bases. good luck trying to sue tribal cops in tribal court or military cops on a military base in federal court.

It is tribal land, but state hwy, not sure who bears responsibility. Anyway, people are getting fed up with the antics, they are actually turning people away from their cause.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

That tall blonde model was actually pretty scary the way she walked. I hate the fashion industry.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Burning Man today is everything Burning Man was never meant to be. In fact, it has become exactly what it opposed in the first place.

In the beginning Burning Man was a collection of hippies, performance artists, etc, who embraced the idea of a gathering where they could freely express whatever it was that motivated them. Where they were free to participate in or avoid whatever they wanted. It was a place where you could be self sufficient or you could share with others knowing they in turn would share with you. The ultimate rule was to leave the area exactly as you found it. No trash, not even a footprint. This gathering was a monument opposed to the big city concrete jungles that have overtaken the Earth. It wasn't a profit based enterprise. There was nothing for sale there. Everything was shared and everyone was equal.

Today there are roped off sections with luxury tents and private chefs for the rich and famous. That alone is a slap in the face of everything Burning Man was meant to be. The idea of a VIP section is the antithesis of Burning Man.

People went there expecting somewhat harsh conditions, usually heat and no water. However, most attendees knew this in advance and came prepared. If you went there without the things you would need to survive the rough conditions others would chip in to help keep you safe, but it was recommended that you be self sufficient on the genuinely necessary health and safety supplies: water, food, shelter, sun screen, etc. This is the first time I have heard of intense rainfall being the problem. I am fairly certain most attendees were not prepared for these conditions. It just doesn't happen there. Until now anyway... The good news is it won't last long. But, it puts a strain on the supplies people brought for a specific amount of time that has now been increased by several days.

I know there has been one casualty. I hope everyone is able to return home safely when this is over. Burning Man is a fantastic event when done correctly, as it was meant to be in the beginning. Now its just a place for rich spoiled brats to try to out-do each other. Yet another example of the 1% poisoning purity with decadence.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

And they didn't even have the idea themselves. The Burning of Zozobra is an NA festival that has a large man burned in effigy in the fall. Old man gloom. The man was originally built from sticks and paper mache and was a giant puppet that could be moved in the flames. It improved over the years to be a fireworks show, with sound effects and better robotronics for a much larger giant man.

www.santafenewmexican.com...

www.santafe.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That looks like a normal year at Glastonbury, a little bit of mud and it's the end of the world for some while others look on it as a free mud face pack .

I am to old for walking around a field like a cow for a few days but I did enjoy it all back then .

I was at a festival years ago stoned out of my noggin , I was looking at the camera on the stage pointing at the crowd looking for a red light or something to say it was recording it only felt like a few seconds to me , On new years eve me and my gf were in the bar and they play back festivals on the television from that year .

Big screen in the bar of T in the park is on and there is me staring at camera and they zoomed in on me for what was minutes , I was totally stoned and everyone in the bar recognised me lol .

T in the park had nothing on P in the dark at a friend of mines croft farm years before it was a thing , drunks falling into fires and passed out people getting covered in empty beer tins and still sleeping through it .

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The elite don't attend Burning Man to enrich their minds, they go to enrich their wallets. They hijack and corrupt simple ideas because the only value they ever see in anything is profit. It's all about the merch and the promos. They don't get it, they'll never get it. Everything they touch devolves into the worship of their God... materialism, money...greed.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Went to Donnington Monsters of Rock Fest early 80s.

Tho loo was two planks over a ditch. Some poor sod fell in.

You could see where he was after that cos there was a ten yard gap in the crowd around him.

Eeeeew!

Loved Blackfoot.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I guy I met years ago had the job of going round after these festivals and cleaning up all the stuff left behind , wow was that one profitable number for him as some just upped and left everything they came with ,

It was fun back in the day double mattress in the back of the van with 20+ people going to a concert or festival and seeing who could @@@k up most

Now days it's a cheap gazibo in the back garden with the tunes up loud

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Have you seen the mess all those Green Vegan Save the Planet types leave behind for someone else to clean up?

Tents, sleeping bags and the rest.

Used to have to get a Glasto train back from work a while ago. The stuff they left on the train was unbelievable.

Numpties.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join