It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma and Free Will - Earth Fiction (?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 29-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Never mind.

Thank you. That's a very good example of practicing what you preach.

I watched the video you posted above.

Enlightenment to non-duality happens or doesn't. No one controls it.
There is no series of words that any mind can string together that can cause it to happen.

So I will go so far as to say that I am agnostic toward enlightenment. I am in no way on a quest to attain it. That would be completely self defeating.
edit on 29-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The realisation happens or doesn't.......but it is already......whether it's realised or not.

It cannot be attained because what is happening is already one without a second (non dual means not two).

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So:
What is not is not.
Nothing else,
Nowhere else,
And It is One.

That would mean that there is no cause and effect. No () which is the "Prime Mover" because there is nothing to move, and nothing has moved because there is nothing.

With no () and no everything else, that leaves nothing, and nothing is One.
Well then, that sort of ends everything, which had no beginning because it never was and never will be.

I just can't seem to function that way.
edit on 29-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

So:
What is not is not.
Nothing else,
Nowhere else,
And It is One.

That would mean that there is no cause and effect. No () which is the "Prime Mover" because there is nothing to move, and nothing has moved because there is nothing.

With no () and no everything else, that leaves nothing, and nothing is One.
Well then, that sort of ends everything, which had no beginning because it never was and never will be.

I just can't seem to function that way.

Nor I and I don't function that way.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Did you listen to the video?

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Did you listen to the video?

I follow my own life's video.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Thank You:
You saved me the embarrassment that could have resulted from me getting ugly.

If you like long stories, here goes:

A couple of days ago I said to myself "All my favorite songs are 20 years old or older. I should find some new ones."

So I looked up what was on the pop charts and saw Taylor Swift is very popular, and I've even heard of her. So I went to Taylor Swift's Youtube channel, and looking for a song that was on the charts. The first one I spotted on the page and on the charts was:

So I watched the video, then I looked up "Anti-hero" in Wikipedia and discovered that as a literary character, an anti-hero has one of three character flaws. I'm not going to say which character flaw I have personally because people might make fun of me or deride me.

But yes. I am the anti-hero in my own narrative.

---
I guess that story wasn't that long after all.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Thank You:
You saved me the embarrassment that could have resulted from me getting ugly.

The ugliness was already showing.....it was and is an absolutely beautiful expression of the one.

Even the sensation of feeling embarrassed is a perfect expression of the one.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Hey I do the same thing try to listen to the new fangled music.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Seer13

You might like my short story how consciousness became the universe

But, once on Earth we forget so we can experience it as a reality. However, as it is pre-planned -chosen -determined, it does not allow for much free will.

Just remeber, and take it from there...

I did enjoy your short story, thank you very much for sharing. I recently read something about being a point within the circle. I recall it now as it reminds me of what you wrote/experienced.

I often get snippits of info. that at the time don't seem to be important. However, I know that is not the case and all information is important. So, I park it and wait for more data that enables me to link and expand on the concept. This appears to be happening now. Particularly, since I was also shown recently that Pink Floyd were receptive to this a long time ago and then you post a Pink Floyd vid. in your story.

Re: getting messages/knowledge. Some think of it as the Higher Self, others The Universal Mind. It appears to me that you concluded/realised it was The Universal Mind: the point--the all and nothing at the same time. Hopefully, I understood that correctly.

If we believe we are part of the whole we should be able to tap into that knowledge--if we know how (remember) and are receptive.

But, then there are those that can infiltrate minds to manipulate for their benefits. Psychological manipulation for example. So, that is something else that is worthwhile considering each time we are led to think/believe a certain thing/way.

Quite right, I seek to remember that which is hidden or forgotten (unravel the mystery of life) and to do that I collate data from contributors like yourself.
edit on 29-8-2023 by Seer13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas

originally posted by: Seer13

Karma is only of this realm, where say Christ is right now, karma doesn't exist. We are separated from God and have to return to Him, "to become one with Him" but to do that we have to live our lives in such a way as to not create bad karma.

The punishment we receive is of our own creation, what we do here imprints upon the soul.

Karma is dedicating your life to being a somebody here and receiving nothing from God, or dedicating your life to being a nobody here and receiving everything from God.

Thank you for your thoughts. May I ask how you approach this life? Only if you are comfortable to share. Because this is something I have contemplated a lot.

If I were to take what I am told was Budda's approach, to remove myself from all external stimuli, wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of being here? To experience and participate in this life?

Or, are you seeing that as the aim of this life to withdraw and not participate, i.e., be in it but not of it.

Would I be acting selfishly by removing myself and forgetting about others? To focus only on my own enlightenment? If karma were true I would think this could amount to negative karma. Whereas, if I am available I can be there for those of need. The ultimate love for others: self sacrifice.

If the Christ story is true, he participated fully and was definitely a somebody in his Earth life.

I wonder will my soul be impacted after this life through my actions or is that Earth-taught thinking? Is it possible I leave this Earth and go, 'Oh my, I feel fabulous all that angst for nothing as there are no repercussions'.

If karma were only of this realm I question why many have terrible lives for no fault of their own. E.g. those born into poverty, illness, abandonment, abuse etc. A child should have a clean slate as nothing has been accumulated.

I definitely don't assume or claim to be right about anything. But if I have unanswered questions I keep looking and everything I gain is of value. So your input is very valuable, thank you.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Cwantas

Now is witnessing what's appearing presently......
What's appearing presently is disappearing presently.

There isn't anything else.

The idea that you exist is the imprisonment.

Only the truth shall set 'you' free.

This makes sense to me as I never have definitive answers or a set belief system. That is because what I feel, think or believe now will likely change later when I receive more information or experiences. So, I see myself as always evolving and I can only be sure of how I think and feel right now--in this very moment. In a flash everything vmcan change, be gone.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Hi Seer13 welcome to ats.

🥰

Thank you very much 💞

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Congrats on a strong start!

My reading on Karma is it simply applies to your life...If you are untrustworthy and nasty, in time those sort of people will be the only ones who will hang out with you.

As for free will, everything is decided, every thought, every action is the latest in a sequence that began with the big bang.

Hi and thank you. My challenge now is to keep up with the responses.

Hmm so I'm thinking about Stockholm Syndrome how there are those that will stay with the nasty types. I like to think eventually that spell/control would lose power and set them free.

Relate to your view on free will.

Thank you for taking an interest and participating in this topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have not really studied karma. But I kinda think of it as a destiny resulting from our desires. If we die, desiring to experiencing sailing. We will be reborn to try satisfy those desires. Whereas if we have desires of violence we will be reborn in a lower world full of violence. If one doesn't have any desires then karma no longer can dictate our destiny.

The One (us in full form) is said to be all-knowing, not lacking, not separate. Therefore, it should not need lessons, rewards or punishments

Perhaps the one experiences all things through us, thereby knowing oneself.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Hi Seer and welcome.

Karma exists or does not exist depending only on you. If you are angry at another person and think that karma will get them one day, that is your desire. Release the anger and hate and feel understanding and compassion for that person's shortcomings and the desire for them to experience karma is no more. Karma is a choice you make for yourself and others.

Free will is a whole other concept and my opinion on that varies depending on my mental state of the day (religious, societal, governmental control, self-imposed obligations to others, etc.). So in a sense for me free will also lies with me having the free will to let it all go or to not let it all go.

Hello Quintessentone

Thank you.

I had the same view and approach as you on karma until it dawned on me it was the same conditioning used in psychology. Invoking fear, worry and guilt in people; rewarding good behaviour, punishing bad---all things used to control. I tend to think there are no coincidences and the fact that it reads like it came out of psychology 101 makes it a huge coincidence.

At the same time, I am very comfortable with how I live my life so I have little need for concern if there is a big judgement day at the end.

I like your stance on free will. A very healthy approach IMO.

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Being all-knowing and perfect may get boring. So, as souls we choose to have a wide range of experiences. In choosing and planning them we use unlimited free will. But, once on Earth we forget so we can experience it as a reality. However, as it is pre-planned -chosen -determined, it does not allow for much free will.

So......we're actually the 'fallen angels' ?

Welcome to the threads, Seer.

Hi Nugget1

Thank you. It's nice to make your acquaintance.

Ah, now that's a whole new thread. I enjoy that topic very much.

I guess first up would be to determine if there are actual fallen angels. I like things I can, see, touch, feel, hear, smell (evidence) rather than faith based or based on someone else's testimony. At the same time, I am aware often that's not possible or available and I have to keep seeking more knowledge, and go with what I find or am given. In those times I'll do a lot of analysis: looking for patterns, gaps, linkages, relying heavily on logic and reason with a big dash of intuition.

There are historical writings artifacts etc. that support the fallen angel theory, but, I've never seen, felt, touched etc. so I can't answer that question confidently. On hold, awaiting more info. LOL.

Could be that there are no fallen angels, just angels. Many humans like to dramatise, we love a good story and there's those that sensationalise, not mentioning names or organisations. I think a movie on fallen angels is likely to get more viewers and higher ratings than one on angels. See where I'm going with this? 😉

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I Love those moments when synchronicity happen, it's such a subjective experience, yet all triggers are objective truths.
It's when our brain does some magic and connects previously unconnected ideas.
it can have huge implications for one's perception of reality.

I'mglad if it could contribute to see better in the darkness of ones own mind, but ultimately the data one collects from outside-in is irrelevant.

all relevant information is inside already, and all that matters is what we send out...

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hi Glend

I have read a lot of information on near death experiences, quantum hypnosis revelations and a little on Theosophy. They complemented each other in proclaiming what we desire or expect we create but that was focussed on the afterlife not reincarnation.

The impression I got, according to what I've read, was that upon dying, there is an inbetween stage that is temporary. Like a limbo. It happens in 'a void', a time between transitioning where people need to come to terms with their deaths and experiences on Earth. An adjustment period of sorts. Often they create, in this void, the experience of their fears, desires etc.

If that is the case maybe we use this time to get in the right frame of mind/focus before we incarnate, that would be kinder.

If they are accurate and you are also on the right track, it appears it is best to picture a paradise than worrying about a Hell or negative karma when we are on our death beds.

I've thought about the One experiencing through us but to me that feels like I am being used. It also gives me a feeling of the One being superior (the Earth hierachial system). I like to think that is not how it is, that we are all as important as each other as we are all part of the whole that is perfect. Even if I am wrong, it's a nice vision to take over when I die so I at least get to experience that for a while LOL.

originally posted by: glend
I have not really studied karma. But I kinda think of it as a destiny resulting from our desires. If we die, desiring to experiencing sailing. We will be reborn to try satisfy those desires. Whereas if we have desires of violence we will be reborn in a lower world full of violence. If one doesn't have any desires then karma no longer can dictate our destiny.

The One (us in full form) is said to be all-knowing, not lacking, not separate. Therefore, it should not need lessons, rewards or punishments

Perhaps the one experiences all things through us, thereby knowing oneself.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join