It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona court to review ruling that abortion doctors can’t be charged under pre-statehood law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Why is it almost always men bitching about abortion? Example: this thread.

Good try but there are many more male members in this thread and most threads I have come across.

To the point of the conversation.
Abortion has been made more difficult in the last year or so. Some states are very strict when it comes to abortion and Texas has banned them altogether.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Incel and red pill culture has infected the minds of many men as well, they demand women owe them sex or marriage, yet at the same time complain that women have access to abortions. So when women abstain from sex to avoid getting involved with irresponsible and irrational men, and pregnancy, they still get attacked.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: PorkChop96

The women that want to put the fault of them needing an abortion on everyone's shoulders but their own

What are you talking about? A woman's choice has nothing to do with who's at fault. That's the beauty of legal access to clean and safe abortions, they're "no fault".

Now force that woman, who sought an abortion, to give birth, then you're going to have finger pointing and blame.

Do you understand what are the ethical barriers when it comes to abortion? No matter if you are in favour or against, abortion is not an easy decision as another human being is involved whose life is going to be terminated. There are these philosophical questions asking when life starts and whether the embryo and fetus are really human beings, but these are only philosophical questions.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: quintessentone

Incel and red pill culture has infected the minds of many men as well, they demand women owe them sex or marriage, yet at the same time complain that women have access to abortions. So when women abstain from sex to avoid getting involved with irresponsible and irrational men, and pregnancy, they still get attacked.

Hey sounds like the 50s and 60s dating and mating scene.

Although in the 50s men's had more to offer, such as the economy allowed them to be very good providers, and if a woman is considering marriage and a family, that is #1 consideration. Today's men cannot offer that lifestyle and/or relationship security because we can't go back in time and going forward is wrought with 'my needs' come first.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The majority of the abortion laws are written by men, voted on by the majority of men in government. In some cases, such as Louisiana the law was written with assistance of a Pastor. That's why you see these laws fail when it goes to state citizens voting. The majority of women, even if it's not something they may get themselves unless medically necessary want all women to have the option and the proposals fail.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Most of the time, from things I have seen, those that "need" an abortion are because they were not being smart and got knocked up form some drunk dude at a party and want to get rid of it.

If you say so. So? What does that have to with making it "your", or anybody else's problem?

But don't want to take accountability that they had the option to not sleep with the dude in the first place.

Do you think the drunk dude wants to take accountability?

By the way, getting an abortion is accountability. Having a kid, whose food, shelter, education, medical needs, etc., "you" probably will have to pay for, is not accountability.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Why is is always political men and/or christian men pushing for abortion bans?

Abortions is a topic where the three Abrahamic major religions disagree very much regardless whether they have to compromise sometimes. It is considered a killing against a helpless and innocent human being. It's not always men who are against abortion. Equally, women who are from Christian backgrounds see abortion as a major sin.

I can ask you a similar question, why is it the woke crowd that almost always appears on various online forums trying to push the most impossible theories that have no basis in reality.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Abortions is a topic where the three Abrahamic major religions disagree very much regardless whether they have to compromise sometimes. It is considered a killing against a helpless and innocent human being. It's not always men who are against abortion. Equally, women who are from Christian backgrounds see abortion as a major sin.

I can ask you a similar question, why is it the woke crowd that almost always appears on various online forums trying to push the most impossible theories that have no basis in reality.

I do not know this woke crowd of which you speak. However you can ask 70% of the people worldwide why they are in favour of abortion.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Abortion is a scapegoat for most. They can afford to raise a child they just decide they don't want to after going through the act of making one. Accountability would be to raise it and actually take care of it.

Might as well tack on another, there are already millions of useless people out there that could get jobs but are too lazy to do so, that I pay for their way of life.

But that's a topic for another time and place

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Do you understand what are the ethical barriers when it comes to abortion? No matter if you are in favour or against, abortion is not an easy decision as another human being is involved whose life is going to be terminated.

So you make the decisions for them? Why do you think that there's a "one size fits all" abortion ban policy that will suit all women? Do you think a bunch of men sitting around a table in dark smokey rooms should decide what "ethical barriers" women are allowed to decide and make for themselves?

There are these philosophical questions asking when life starts and whether the embryo and fetus are really human beings, but these are only philosophical questions.

Whatever, these are not questions for you to answer for anyone else.

edit on 24-8-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Why do I care about protecting someone that wants to murder someone else?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

The majority of the abortion laws are written by men, voted on by the majority of men in government. In some cases, such as Louisiana the law was written with assistance of a Pastor. That's why you see these laws fail when it goes to state citizens voting. The majority of women, even if it's not something they may get themselves unless medically necessary want all women to have the option and the proposals fail.

That's to be expected in terms of who is writing the laws as the vast majority of politicians and lawmakers are men and it has always been this way.

Women can have this option anyway, in most states, but until week 12 or 15-16 into the pregnancy. It has become more difficult after the Supreme Court ruling in 2022 and in Texas is almost impossible to have an abortion.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Sad commentary on modern American life and morals that the right to kill unborn children is the top priority of so many.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Abortion is a scapegoat for most.

Do you even know what a scapegoat is?
Good thing there are people like you to make us aware of women scapegoating their unwanted pregnancies with abortions!

They can afford to raise a child they just decide they don't want to after going through the act of making one.

Are you in a position where you could afford to be pregnant and looking at parenthood right now? You all set financially?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

My apologies, scapegoat was not the correct term.

How about copout, easy way out, chose to give up before the start? Better for you? Still very applicable

Matter of fact I am, even after paying out the a$$ in taxes that go towards those lazy families I referred to in my comment.
edit on 24-8-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Abortion isn't murder.

But, if you want to go down that path (as in viewing abortion as murder) sterilize all men until they are financially fit to provide for a child. They cannot be trusted with the temptation of masturbation and spilling a single seed.
edit on 24-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Do you understand what are the ethical barriers when it comes to abortion? No matter if you are in favour or against, abortion is not an easy decision as another human being is involved whose life is going to be terminated.

So you make the decisions for them? Why do you think that there's a "one size fits all" abortion ban policy that will suit all women? Do you think a bunch of men sitting around a table in dark smokey room should decide what "ethical barriers" women are allowed to decide and make for themselves?

There are these philosophical questions asking when life starts and whether the embryo and fetus are really human beings, but these are only philosophical questions.

I never said I will make the decisions for them. You don't even know my position on abortion due to the cloud of wokeness that has compromised your vision.

Do you think a bunch of men sitting around a table in dark smokey room should decide what "ethical barriers" women are allowed to decide and make for themselves?

That's not how it's happening. Abortion is a rather serious issue and even though in more states abortion is legal, it's only for a given period of time, it's allowed up to the 12th or 15th-16th week into the pregnancy. There are several laws in relation to abortion no matter how much you try to trivialise this issue.

I can answer anything I want and think for myself without the need of pseudo-philosophical arguments.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

So, you're better than those lazy people that have the money but don't want to spend it on having a kid! Good for you. I guess that gives you the right to judge women who don't measure up to your standard, and advocate to force them to.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I do not know this woke crowd of which you speak. However you can ask 70% of the people worldwide why they are in favour of abortion.

Of course you do.
Your 70% figure is random just as all other random figures you have presented in a number of threads

www.ipsos.com...

This is one survey from IPSOS that gives around 59% as a figure on those agreeing abortion should be legal in all or most cases. But with this figure decaying rapidly according to the time period into the pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If they don't have the money, or have it but don't want to spend it on a kid, they should have thought about that before performing the act to create a life they couldn't/choose not to support.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join