It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona court to review ruling that abortion doctors can’t be charged under pre-statehood law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: strongfp

Understandably

But, as I said in my response to the poster above you, if you choose to do the deed, you get to deal with any possible outcome. If you don't want to be pregnant, don't have sex.

Ok, then why drive a car? Why drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes? Why have fun at all? Why even leave the house, I could fall and break my neck or hit a pedestrian with my car.

Everything we do in life has varying degrees of risk attached to it, but we are smart and have thought of ways to mitigate damage or find ways around issues. Abortion is one of those things.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AlienBorg

Sticking with the topic, if the Roe v Wade blocked the existing law and now Roe v Wade no longer exists, then yes, in my opinion (I'm no lawyer) the existing law would be in effect.

The 1864 law you meant or the current law that allows abortions up to week 15 into the pregnancy.

The 1864 Law.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Actually no, it's not a duty. Its a responsibility. To the potential life she may be making.

Men need to do so as well.

Rapists need to be put down when it ends in abortion. A life for a life. End of story.

Society gets the society they expect. We expect people to behave irresponsibly so we make it easy on people to do so.
edit on 8/24/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Why is it almost always men bitching about abortion? Example: this thread.

Why is is always political men and/or christian men pushing for abortion bans?

lol

The left can't define what a woman is. . . . until abortion comes up.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

As I have said, abortion is a copout not accountability or whatever bullsnip term you want to call it.

You guys must have a screw loose to compare driving a car to having sex and conceiving a child.

Everything we do in life has good and bad outcomes. By doing those things you sign up for any and all outcomes that are going to come your way., regardless of how you feel about them.

If you drink and drive and kill someone, what is your way of getting out of being held accountable for that? What is your copout for that?

If you smoke and get lung/throat cancer, what is your copout? Was it someone elses fault that you did that? Or are you the one that has to bear the responsibility and accountability for the actions YOU took for that outcome?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Why is it almost always men bitching about abortion? Example: this thread.

Why is is always political men and/or christian men pushing for abortion bans?

lol

The left can't define what a woman is. . . . until abortion comes up.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe, but neuroscience can as for abortion well here we go again.

WHAAAAA

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

No it's not.
It's your own unsubstantiated position.

Unsubstantiated my arse!

These 25 Republicans – all white men – just voted to ban abortion …

States permit abortions until the 12th or 15th-16th week and not until the fetus becomes viable in the 24th week. Some states may do, most states don't, and most countries outside the US have similar laws not allowing abortion after the 16th week.

Those countries, outside the USA, also have access to state sponsored abortions, where they can access abortion freely. Most American women don't get free medical care and federally sponsored abortions on demand are illegal in the USA. The government only pays for abortion in the case of rape, incest or the health of the woman. Not so in Europe. If American women had the same medical access as European women, that would be great! But it will never happen in the USA.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

You guys must have a screw loose to compare driving a car to having sex and conceiving a child.

No. Sex is more like "riding a bike".
I'm talking about accidents. Insurance is still going to pay your medical, even if the driver was drunk. Abortion is insurance.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Abortion whether you like it or not is a way to deal a bad life situation. Because sometimes it's the way to deal with an unwanted situation.

If we go by your metric then we should just cull anyone who takes another person's life. Eye for an eye. Let's go back to those days.

Get cancer? Tough luck pal, deal with it.
Had sex and now HIV positive, well, better start the timer.
Hit someone with your car and kill em, off to the gallows.

You see how you're taking the extreme angle against abortion? Apply that to other aspects of life. Not just, "that's life kid, you gotta bring this unwanted person into the cruel world and you'll like it!"

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Abortion is paying a lawyer to not have an accident or ticket on your record. Condoms and birth control are insurance

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Historically murder has never been acceptable. Historically abortion has always been acceptable. Even by the church.

Marriage has always been acceptable. If banned and I state its been historically acceptable, your argument would be we in the US should bring back child brides?

As for minorities? "Nationally, the U.S. grew by 19.5 million people between 2010 and 2019—a growth rate of 6.3%. While the white population declined by a fraction of a percent, Latino or Hispanic, Asian American, and Black populations grew by rates of 20%, 29%, and 8.5%, respectively."
Link

So your "concern" does not seem to be warranted. I mean the right pundits are already screeching about "white replacement" theories.

I'm unclear on your now "human" rights instead of "equal" rights argument. You specifically mentioned "girl" babies.

As for you "see me". Please, you've been here a few months and have gone from claiming in your posts that you didn't know a lot about issues being discussed to calling people "an ass","ignorant", etc.

I'm certainly not concerned what you "see".

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Maybe thats what todays society needs

The soft society we have gotten ourselves into is all about trying to cover up mistakes instead of being held accountable

I am all for eye for an eye, if you kill someone in cold blood we will kill you right back
Again, consequences of sex are an a greed upon risk you take when you do it.
If you are at fault

Nothing extreme about holding people accountable for their actions, you would rather see a soft ass society where you can get away with anything with enough money and sorrys

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Then it's time to agree to disagree at this point.

link   

This appeal is from only one anti-abortion doctor and he wants to take the law back to 1864. Do you really think this will happen?

Brittany Fonteno, president and chief executive officer of Planned Parenthood Arizona, characterized Hazelrigg’s appeal as a last-ditch effort.

In an appeal filed Wednesday, Dr. Eric Hazelrigg seeks to reverse an Arizona Court of Appeals ruling that said doctors couldn’t be charged for performing abortions in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy because other Arizona laws passed over the years allow them to perform the procedure.

Abortions are currently allowed in Arizona in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy under a 2022 law.

The 1864 law that Hazelrigg wants the court to uphold imposes a near-total ban on abortions, providing no exceptions for rape or incest and allowing abortions only if a mother’s life is in danger.

www.azcentral.com...

The voters will make the decision in the end.

link   

Condoms and birth control are insurance

No, they're like seat belts and airbags.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Sticking with the topic, if the Roe v Wade blocked the existing law and now Roe v Wade no longer exists, then yes, in my opinion (I'm no lawyer) the existing law would be in effect.

The 1864 law you meant or the current law that allows abortions up to week 15 into the pregnancy.

The 1864 Law.

If the Supreme Court has overturned the Roe v Waden decision then I don't see why the 1864 law could not be unblocked and come to existence for once more.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Condoms and birth control are insurance

No, they're like seat belts and airbags.

Yeah like the Takata air bags.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Deliberate obtuseness does not look good on your Sookie

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This appeal is from only one anti-abortion doctor and he wants to take the law back to 1864. Do you really think this will happen?

Brittany Fonteno, president and chief executive officer of Planned Parenthood Arizona, characterized Hazelrigg’s appeal as a last-ditch effort.

In an appeal filed Wednesday, Dr. Eric Hazelrigg seeks to reverse an Arizona Court of Appeals ruling that said doctors couldn’t be charged for performing abortions in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy because other Arizona laws passed over the years allow them to perform the procedure.

Abortions are currently allowed in Arizona in the first 15 weeks of pregnancy under a 2022 law.

The 1864 law that Hazelrigg wants the court to uphold imposes a near-total ban on abortions, providing no exceptions for rape or incest and allowing abortions only if a mother’s life is in danger.

www.azcentral.com...

The voters will make the decision in the end.

It could as the Supreme Court of Arizona may decide to bring it back given the SCOTUS has overturned the Roe v Waden decision on which the 1864 law was blocked.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

That's why you buy american

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join