It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Spot Fossil Evidence of a Cyclical Climate on Mars - More Evidence for Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mars is real estate. Think AC in your house, climb into AC car, drive to office park or enclosed shopping mall, off to a stadium, domed club, greenhouse stretching across a small crater, and underground redoubts. We've been practicing for Mars.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Very true, but I'll take my chances on Mars before Venus.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

They didn't get caught faking it, they were testing it before deploying it to Mars.

Gotta test stuff somewhere. The Mars rover was expensive and the spacecraft moreso, don't want to waste these things on an (increasingly) limited budget (Thanks Bush/Obama).

Why would water make you think Earth? Water is one of the most common compounds in the universe. Which is unsurprising since hydrogen is (by far) the most common element in the universe, and oxygen is the third most common.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dionysaur

I don't understand a thing of what you say.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Because the atmosphere on Mars is only 1% Earth's atmosphere, people living on Mars would need to live in enclosed, pressurized spaces. Which might work until people exhibit their more violent traits and damage the enclosure as happens a little after 7 minutes in this clip:

TOTAL RECALL CLIP COMPILATION (1990) Sci-Fi, Arnold Schwarzenegger

I understand what Dionysaur is saying, but it's kind of a non-sequitur idea that enclosed spaces on Earth are preparing people for living in enclosed spaces on Mars. Humans aren't going to be living on Mars for a long time, so we are just living in air conditioned (AC) spaces because they are more comfortable, not because we are being prepared to go to Mars.

edit on 2023815 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

From your own link!

"On Devon Island, an island that belongs to Canada, the Mars Rovers were tested before they were sent to Mars. Devon Island is a large uninhabited island that has some of the same characteristics as Mars."

Tested. So not caught "faking it".

Jeezus, fella?!!!!

In their official footage from Mars there was a lemming that looks exactly like the ones on Devon Island. Their "testing" there was a cover for them just filming fake rover footage there. The landscape on Devon Island matches the landscapes they were supposedly recording on Mars at that time.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
In their official footage from Mars there was a lemming that looks exactly like the ones on Devon Island.
The reason you didn't post the link to this official footage from Mars with the lemming is?

Because you made it up and it doesn't exist?

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

In their official footage from Mars there was a lemming that looks exactly like the ones on Devon Island.

If you are talking about the image below then it's not "footage", it's a photo.

(with auto-levels applied in Gimp)

And it looks like a rock, not "exactly like" a grey Devon Island lemming.

Their "testing" there was a cover for them just filming fake rover footage there. The landscape on Devon Island matches the landscapes they were supposedly recording on Mars at that time.

The landscape on Devon Island is different, any geologist (or a fan of geology, like myself) can see that.

Edited to add for those interested the id of the photo: 0052MR0002390070102990E01_DXXX.

edit on 15/8/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What's amazing is scientists call out that NASA released content of Mars that very obviously had wet and dry seasons, and NASA just has to sit back and be like oh yeah I guess Mars had water on it sure whatever. Ignoring Occam's razor which would insist they're actually just on a desert on earth that actually has occasional wet seasons, while pretending to be on mars.

I'm open to being wrong but don't you guys think this is suspicious??

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The reason you didn't post the link to this official footage from Mars with the lemming is?

Because you made it up and it doesn't exist?

www.nasa.gov...

The lemming is in the lower left part of the image

originally posted by: ArMaP

And it looks like a rock, not "exactly like" a grey Devon Island lemming.

It looks like a lemming from Devon Island on terrain that looks like Devon Island, despite NASA claiming its a picture from Mars. You can even distinguish its eye, ear, and paw.
edit on 15-8-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ignoring Occam's razor which would insist they're actually just on a desert on earth that actually has occasional wet seasons, while pretending to be on mars.

We've known for some time Mars had rivers , lakes and seas and would have had seasons this is just more evidence for seasons , since 1997 NASA have had 5 rovers on Mars , Curiosity rover has been there for 11 years now.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the link but I just see rocks and no lemmings.

Occam's razor comes from William of Ockham who said something like "Entities are not to be multiplied without necessity", or "Plurality must never be posited without necessity", and you are doing the opposite which is multiplying items without necessity.
You are multiplying a rock into a lemming (and I couldn't even guess which rock).
You are also multiplying hundreds if not thousands of people into some kind of conspiracy when there is no necessity to do such multiplication. Mars did have liquid water at some point so we can of course see terrain on Mars that can also resemble terrain on Earth.

You also failed to respond to how if you think the rover is on Earth, it was able to take a photo of Earth and the moon up in the sky, something that would be impossible on Earth. So now you need to create yet another unnecessary multiplication against Occam's razor to explain that.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It could also Indicate the rover is actually in a desert on earth that has occasional wet seasons.

Devon Island?

www.google.ca... DFQAAAAAdAAAAABAI&biw=375&bih=631&dpr=2

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Thanks for the link but I just see rocks and no lemmings.

Occam's razor comes from William of Ockham who said something like "Entities are not to be multiplied without necessity", or "Plurality must never be posited without necessity", and you are doing the opposite which is multiplying items without necessity.
You are multiplying a rock into a lemming (and I couldn't even guess which rock).
You are also multiplying hundreds if not thousands of people into some kind of conspiracy when there is no necessity to do such multiplication. Mars did have liquid water at some point so we can of course see terrain on Mars that can also resemble terrain on Earth.

I think going to Mars is multiplying without necessity when you could just fake it on earth. That's why there's signs of water in the photos, it's because it's on earth.

You also failed to respond to how if you think the rover is on Earth, it was able to take a photo of Earth and the moon up in the sky

Huh? Even an unpaid intern could make an undetectable photoshop job.
edit on 15-8-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What's amazing is scientists call out that NASA released content of Mars that very obviously had wet and dry seasons, and NASA just has to sit back and be like oh yeah I guess Mars had water on it sure whatever. Ignoring Occam's razor which would insist they're actually just on a desert on earth that actually has occasional wet seasons, while pretending to be on mars.

Mars had wet and dry seasons, Earth has wet and dry seasons.

I'm open to being wrong but don't you guys think this is suspicious??

No.

It looks like a lemming from Devon Island on terrain that looks like Devon Island, despite NASA claiming its a picture from Mars. You can even distinguish its eye, ear, and paw.

The terrain doesn't look like Devon Island because the rocks on Devon Island show signs of water erosion that the rocks on Mars do not have. Also, the dust on the ground is finer on Mars than on Devon Island. The colours are also slightly different and we can see that the type of rock is also different, Mars rocks, even they are the same type of rock appear to be less consistent, as if they were less dense.

Besides that, Devon Island is too close to the North pole and as a consequence only has 3 months of usable weather, and at least during the 3 months of Winter is always night, the Sun never rises.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Huh? Even an unpaid intern could make an undetectable photoshop job.

Even an unpaid intern can use the clone tool to remove a lemming from a photo.

Do people think NASA would publish photos taken on Earth without having them carefully examined before? Those photos are studied by thousands of people all over the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
For those that cannot find the "lemming" on the original photo, look at the red arrow on the image below.

(click for full size)

edit on 15/8/2023 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I do not have a chip in this game, just curious, but if it's Mars, nature carved a cool rock....
I know better, but fair is fair...

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

A cool rock or a cool coincidence.

I have seen in other occasions things that look like one rock that, when we look at a photo from a different position or from another camera see they are more than one rock but appear aligned when seen from camera's point of view.

In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if the "eye" of the "lemming" is not part of the rock but a small dark rock behind the "lemming" rock.

If we had photos from the two mast cameras we could get a stereo view of the scene and from that a 3D view. Unfortunately, we only have this photo.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Agree. Angles are important.
The eye says yes but the brain knows something like that cannot live there.

posted on Aug, 17 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You know even if NASA were trying to pull a fast one on the public, images and data from the Mars rover are of interest to a large number of universities and space agencies around the world, like Roscosmos, China National Space Administration and the Indian Space Research Organisation.

I don't think they'd all be in on the conspiracy. The ones I listed would probably take great joy in exposing fakery from NASA.
edit on 1782023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join