It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reincarnation, my thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So,Lot's of folks believe in reincarnation. taking my beliefs and others might have some of the same ideas swirling in my head.

some people believe in other worlds, other dimensions.

if reincarnation exists it would be sad if it was only on this earth, and we only have so many trips until the sun dies and wipes everything on this planet to smithereens.

so what if reincarnation was bigger than that?

what if it was possible to reincarnate on infinite worlds and infinite dimensions? multiverse etc?

just some things that have been running in my head.

what do you think?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

Have you ever thought that whole concept could be happening in microcosm in your belly button?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

On point!

Additionally, everything is a micro of a MACRO in this realm/reality.

Where do we go from that?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I see no valid reason to assume reincarnation is confined to our Earth and solar system. It may be that our souls reincarnate in familiar territory, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen elsewhere. Chances are, it does.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Maybe it's like when they let you ride again (andagainandagain) on one o' them twisty rollercoasters but shaped like an infinity loop...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Life and life after life to me is timeless. I believe our souls can explore and live anyplace. Our body is our ship for our soul to explore, IMO!

Nice thread!

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Edger cayce believed that reincarnation did in fact happen on other planets. All planets including the sun. And that there was life on all worlds but in different states of reality so that one world couldn't see or interact with the life on any other world.
Imagine entire civilizations on the sun and venus and mars ect. But we just can't see or touch them. Yet when we reincarnate our karma decides which planet we reincarnate onto.

Unfortunately i forget which book about cayce this stuff was talked about.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   
what if it was possible to reincarnate on infinite worlds and infinite dimensions? multiverse etc?

Religions talk of multiple realms. The thing is, reincarnation is both real and unreal. From the perspective of our I AM, reincarnation is real. From the perspective of mind, reincarnation is not real. Our mind will return to the dust from which it was made.

So one best exist on a vehicle that doesn't experience death (aka enlightenment).

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Another completely different source that says the same as what cayce had to say is this book www.amazon.com...

It claims to be be by a doctor who studied nde's for 20 years.

I'm an atheist but if I could choose a type of after life I would choose the one described in that book.
It's all about earth being a school that we choose to inhabit. We even choose the kinds of lives we will have depending on what kind of lesson we want/need to learn. My favorite part is that we have soul groups that reincarnate with us over and over. Your best friend today might have been your mom in another life. Or your lover, or your child, or even the man you murdered. And that friend choose to be murdered by you before you were even born. Why? To teach you. And so that they can learn.
After we die we go back to the afterlife place and talk about what we felt and thought and learned from each life. No one is angry about anything that happened because to our souls life here on earth is like a video game is to us. And educational video game that we built ourselves.
And while in the afterlife we also learn how to shape and create physical matter. meaning all of you reading this had a hand in physically creating all of reality with your souls/minds.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That book also claims that everyone you interact with, even a little, in anyway including talking to them online are a part of your soul group.
That means if this is true everyone you text with here on ats will be there to talk to you about it after you die.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If reincarnation did exist, I believe the soul has a choice of whether to reincarnate. The life plan is laid out before you and you decide. Karmic debt doesn't exist, either.

Why would a soul want to reincarnate, you ask? Its to gain knowledge and experience from different life plans. A lifetime is very short from the standpoint of the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The cosmos is fractal. We didnt even know fractal geometries existed until computers could plot the fractal functions with enough points that the patterns emerge.

A tiny pattern contained in and echoed in a larger pattern and containing smaller patterns yet.

Like an atom and a solar system.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Young children are reported to sometimes remember past lives in detail not possible and knowing things they couldn't know.

So our minds dont seem to dissolve into dust, if these memories are real. Some people believe they have remembered past lives under hypnosis.

I've been places that I felt I was once in long ago. But it could have been from a movie seen when I was very small.

And isn't the point to learn and evolve? How can we as souls build on what we have learned if it is wiped away?

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   

To me, reincarnation implies doing something again. To re-incarnate. This implies a being, a consciousness that lives again as another being or consciousness or such. Hence a being or consciousness that lives continuously from life to live in some manner of being that is connected to a previous being or consciousness.

So in this light, have I,Terry, lived before with some manner of connection with a previous incarnation or incarnations that has re-incarnated as me? Maybe, maybe not. Likewise, will I,Terry, reincarnate as another in one manner or another having been influenced by this life I have lived in this incarnation??

This re-incarnation cycle posits two possible beings. One is a being that lives from life to life, connected by some form of cosmic law that dictates how that ''next'' incarnation will be lived in accordance with some immutable laws such as Karma.

There is also though the thought that each life, each incarnation is not just a result of immutable laws, but rather the conscious decisions of a larger self that chooses the parameters of each ensuing incarnation. One life leads to the next life with decisions in between those lives taken at the discretion of the larger being or consciousness.

If this is so though, it need not be limited to a string of lives, one after another after another. It could just as easily manifest as this over-being that exists beyond it's experiences of incarnations not just incarnating in a line of life after live after live, but rather choosing not only the who to incarnate as, the where to incarnate as but also the WHEN to incarnate as. That is, the choice to incarnate as me, Terry, might be followed by the choice to incarnate as Ally Opp who lived a million years ago or farmer John who lived three hundred years ago. Or for that matter as X-34 who will live a thousand years in the future.

This posits a larger soul. Like a person who experiences life as a child and an adult and all in between. Different experiential forms. A person who experiences life in a number of jobs, gaining experience as metal worker and later as a teacher and maybe later as a care giver. Very different experiences all adding up to the person in maturity. So maybe there is a larger soul that is made up of uncountable life experiences from ages past to ages future. From places on Earth to places across the cosmos.

For that matter, who is to say with this scenario that me, Terry is the only incarnation of this larger ''oversoul'' here at this time, maybe this larger consciousness wants to experience life in the 20th and 21st centuries Earth Time as more than one being. Why not two incarnations at once? Maybe you and I are separate incarnations of the same soul, Maybe The Gut is part of a triad at this time and place yet none of us know each other at all but have encountered one another in this place called ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

A lifetime is very short from the standpoint of the afterlife.

Good thought, to short a time. Yet, framing this in relationship to ''the afterlife'' is limiting I think. I think that the whole idea of re-incarnation, of life and death framed from this standpoint of our current incarnations is an aspect of our limited consciousness while incarnate.

What if we change that thinking from ''afterlife' to ''beyond life''? It's hard to consider consciousness without life isn't it. But isn't that what religious beliefs so, teach about some form of consciousness not only after life, but beyond life?

Or is that all just semantics?

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Have you ever thought that whole concept could be happening in microcosm in your belly button?

I recall my uncle telling me about these guys called monks who spent their lives contemplating the navels. First I had to ask him what a navel was. He told me then that they contemplated their navels because that was the physical point from which we are all connected to our ancestors. I was very young and that set me on a course of collecting my belly button lint to help keep that channel open.

Hey bud.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

The majority of people are born clueless of their previous life's. Their new minds developing different neural pathways from learning from different parents, different cultures, education, etc. People that have attained higher spiritual progress are not limited by our concept of space or time. They not only can experience their own past life's memories but those of others as well. All be one.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Having read the CIA gateway document (which is online) my understanding is as follows. You live a long and fruitful life in a village in a town and know or recognise most of the others living in the village. You decide one day to go to the cinema to watch a movie so off you go purchase your ticket popcorn and drink and enter the cinema. The cinema is full and the movie is really good. The audience laugh clap and cry at various parts in the movie, it’s a really good movie and you don’t want it to end but as movies do it ends. The lights come up and you make your way back out and into the village. Where everyone is going about their daily business as normal.
Its all consciousness the village is the universe you are part of the village but individual, the time you are in the cinema is your time in a biological body, But your biological journey will come to an end and you go back. You, we, us are in the cinema now! What the CIA and others are trying to establish is that by some means including NDE we can leave the cinema for a while and go back to the village or into the cinema next door. If this is possible then at some stage they will be able to control what the movie is about. Looking back how many times have you been to the movies.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
So how does reincarnation work for someone with Multiple Personality or Dissociative Identity Disorder?

How memory works is also a strange one at times. Some reports of people who have a heart transplant can get some memories and passionate hobbies from who provided the heart.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Maybe it's like when they let you ride again (andagainandagain) on one o' them twisty rollercoasters but shaped like an infinity loop...

Good analogy!

Now - I want OFF this ride!

<<   2 >>

join