It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reincarnation, my thoughts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wrayth

I am not a believer in reincarnation, but I will concede there are some compelling cases pointing to it as a possibility, but not the only possibility.
Is it possible some folks are born with the memories of someone who lived before them?
Does that necessarily mean they are that person reincarnated?
Is there a collective conscious?
Is this where memories of people who once lived come from?

There are a lot more questions than answers. Enough that I'm not so sure reincarnation is the answer.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I recall my uncle telling me about these guys called monks who spent their lives contemplating the navels. First I had to ask him what a navel was. He told me then that they contemplated their navels because that was the physical point from which we are all connected to our ancestors. I was very young and that set me on a course of collecting my belly button lint to help keep that channel open.

Hey bud.

Hiya, Terry! And folk thought I was just being a smart-ass with the belly-button comment and then you come along with a gem and provided the only enlightenment to be had here thus far. Bravo, Sir.

Now...back to my navel and the inward journey...

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I am not a believer in reincarnation, but I will concede there are some compelling cases pointing to it as a possibility, but not the only possibility...

...There are a lot more questions than answers. Enough that I'm not so sure reincarnation is the answer.

Yeah, it is a compelling theory. One of the very few compelling theories.

But for one, the math doesn't add up. So you would have to posit "many worlds" or some such to accommodate the exponential reality of countless souls.

Many of the popular cases are much like the popular UFO cases: When you really dig in holes appear. However, like you, I do find some of them very hard to explain outside of either reincarnation or some Jungian-esque collective conscious as you suggest.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

"Jungian-esque" is a good way to put it. From past reading on the two terms, the similarity between them seems to be that they are both aspects of the human mind that influence (shape?) our perception of the world. The main difference is that the "collective conscious" is shared by all humans, whereas the "collective un-conscious" is an inherited layer of the mind.

I'm sure you are already aware of the above, but I said it partially for those reading the thread. Something I should have done in my first post.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't seem to make funny jokes about reincarnation therefore I don't think it's a thing.

Are we based on reincarnation? What does reincarnation imply? It's a campfire story to scare?

I can't seem to get any intuition on reincarnation. It's a closed book to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It seems like we choose to incarnate into meat suits repeatedly. Is it for the carnal pleasures, to enjoy food and sex and art and music etc? Is it to suffer, existing with almost zero power or knowledge, and while largely cut off from direct communication with God, we must learn how to deal with problems in a godly way? Ethical and moral issues, leaving desires unfulfilled because it would be wrong to do various things... developing faith or lack thereof, searching out answers and achieving spiritual growth? It seems like we're here mostly to suffer, learn, and grow. The concept of samsara suggests escape from the cycle of reincarnations as humans on Earth... what comes next after enough times here? Maybe reincarnation in s similar alien humanoid body somewhere far away.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kammlersgrdaughter77

No good deed goes unpunished. Taking responsibility has a cost. If you can fix it on time and budget it also has a reward, sometimes.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You would be interested in what Dolores Cannon has to say. She talks about 3 waves of alien species who have come to Earth to help the process of evolution basically. But yeah i completely believe that the "physical" universe is like a play ground for souls to chose where they want to reincarnate.

Also a very close friend of mine had cancer one time and was really upset about it. He had a dream where a guy in a space ship was talking to him and showed him a start map. He pointed at the start map and said "this is where you are" (pointing at earth). "this is where you started, (pointing at a different planet) and this is where you were going, but you got stuck here. You do not have to be here. You got distracted on your journey".

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

In time we must all find things to search for when you come back to a new body!

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

what do you think?

It is a Hindu thing. If my life has a karma I gotta be coming back as a retard animal. So I just don't think about it.

I like the Therevada Buddhist copout with Samsara (Rebirth). Neat way to make impermanence line up with reincarnation concepts. Because there is no soul and everything dies, reincarnation is basically your impact on the world and what carries on after death. Everything that was you that is remembered, and everything you did that has an effect.

It's closest analog in quasi-religious literature is a Satanism essay called, Life After Death Through Fulfillment of the Ego

I see it along those lines.

St. Theresa's rebirth was as a Saint for a life of selfless toil. While not rewarded by an actual divinity (IMO), it's as close to divine immortality as a person's Karma in life can get them. She's a Saint. A lasting image of an old woman helping people. Smelled like roses upon death. Canonized for it by The Vatican.

Conversely, what is Dahmers Rebirth as? The hurt and hatred of the families of his victims, a legacy of sickness and being known as the cannibal pond scum that got beat to death with a chair in a prison cafeteria. And maybe it's good that's the only afterlife it gets.

Now I realize it's weird to use Buddhism, a Satanism essay, and then reference a Catholic saint and a sick parasite to answer a question on Hinduism, but there you go.
edit on 14-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wrayth imagine if consciousness was like water. It’s poured into a vessel, and ultimately returns to a larger body. Can you ever isolate the original “water”? No, it’s mixed into the greater water supply.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: wrayth
what if it was possible to reincarnate on infinite worlds and infinite dimensions? multiverse etc??

The soul is energy and energy doesn't die but only changes.
IF reincarnation happens, then the infinite worlds reincarnation makes sense.
I don't know about multiverse reincarnation because there can be
energy barriers between universes.

posted on Aug, 14 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There was a fantastic book by James Rollins and at the end when certain individuals died they were placed in a parallel world. Caught my fancy and I’ve thought it often. Like deja vu when you made a fatal mistake you’re placed elsewhere. Just a thought not a belief. But I do believe in parallel worlds and that every decision creates a new one.

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Would it or would it not be wise to know; If it's practicing lent before re-incarnating?

posted on Aug, 16 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheHiddenFoot

I did a thread on this years ago. Don't know how to find it here though.
I did the search for it and came up empty.
It was something like - are you one of the three waves.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   
For what it is worth, I prepared a presentation that proves Reincarnation is taught in the Bible...

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't believe in any of it. People just don't like the idea of dying and will grasp at any conceivable escape even if it's just a popular idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: redchad

Nice analogy. I like that.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I believe that reincarnation is something which has been made possible by alien technology and it has been around for thousands maybe millions of years. I do not believe that every person is reincarnated, the elite are in control of this technology and it is in their hands who dies forever, who is reincarnated, and who gets to maintain their memories. I believe that it is possible to restore the memory of multiple lifetimes post-reincarnation but again this is in the hands of the elite.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   

<< 1   >>

join