It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockton police investigating 7-Eleven workers in viral beatdown (Told ya so ...)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

To answer your question, I did have a relative steal from me and a disabled relative. They literally took every single penny and all valuable personal items from our disabled relative. I tried getting the police and Courts involved - nothing worked. Primarily because this person didn't look or talk like a criminal.

Eventually it did make it's way slowly through the Courts and the person is now facing criminal charges but they and the money are gone - last seen in Las Vegas.

Did I take a stick and beat this person? Nope. Am I planning to, no. If they find her, will she get a light sentence because she is white, female, small frame and blond? - absolutely!

Life is unfair. People do all sorts of financial crimes. They steal PPE funds, insider trading, break tax laws. BIg things!

My guess is if your type of justice was applied to the type of crimes *your type, cough* commits - you would think twice. Sure, it's fine for the crack addict but let's look at your tax return - any illegal activity there that needs a beating? Or is that different?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Even if you think it's justified in this case, mob mentality is extremely dangerous - people's ability to think clearly and do the right thing is turned off.

Tons of examples along on both sides of the political spectrum - the mob demanding money for Riley Gaines, the Florida woman shooting the mother of kids that were bothering her.........

It doesn't work - it has NEVER worked.

People are presumed innocent for a reason - the US system was set-up primarily to stop mob justice.

Get out of your fantasy worlds - circumvention of the justice system isn't going to be used to protect little shop owners, it will be another tool used by the elite to control YOU.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

To answer your question, I did have a relative steal from me and a disabled relative. They literally took every single penny and all valuable personal items from our disabled relative. I tried getting the police and Courts involved - nothing worked. Primarily because this person didn't look or talk like a criminal.

Eventually it did make it's way slowly through the Courts and the person is now facing criminal charges but they and the money are gone - last seen in Las Vegas.

Did I take a stick and beat this person? Nope. Am I planning to, no. If they find her, will she get a light sentence because she is white, female, small frame and blond? - absolutely!

Life is unfair. People do all sorts of financial crimes. They steal PPE funds, insider trading, break tax laws. BIg things!

My guess is if your type of justice was applied to the type of crimes *your type, cough* commits - you would think twice. Sure, it's fine for the crack addict but let's look at your tax return - any illegal activity there that needs a beating? Or is that different?

Again with the race baiting. A thief is a thief regardless of pigmentation. Your rhetoric encourages people to commit crimes, then cry racism. How about don't steal, you may not like the consequences.

Race has nothing to do with criminality or justice.

The person who stole from you should receive the same punishment as anyone else of a different skin color doing the same. The number of offenses should have some merit on sentencing. Eventually when a person continues to live outside of the basic parameters of the laws of society, they need to be removed from said society. That should happen and does regardless of skin color, for the most part.

Do you not understand that charging people defending their health and property against crooks is encouraging more criminal behavior?

Where do you think that mentality leads?

Do not steal, it leads to varying consequences that are mostly bad for the thief.

White collar criminals should absolutely also face the same consequences as this fella should. However a lot of white collar crime is not as easy to prove as a guy filling up a garbage can full of merchandise on video.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

This was NOT mob mentality, this was two shop owners defending their property.
There is a huge difference.

There was no circumvention of justice, this is what is called instant karma

All further viewings of this video should be done while listening to this

edit on 07am31800000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

this isn't the same situation at all. This is a guy, stealing cigarettes in large numbers after threatening the store owners with a knife. Armed robbery. And you feel this thief had his rights abused? Do the store owners have any rights?

If you need something, just ask. If you threaten me and try to take it, there's going to be a problem.

Please explain what you feel should have happened here.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
You don't see this in rural areas of Calif because criminals seem to disappear in rural areas.

In rural areas, people know each other, so problems are taken care of swiftly.

In rural areas, most criminal find moving to the cities makes for a safer place to keep committing crimes where fewer people know them and there are no backhoes to bury their bodies.
In the Calif desert there are a lot of places to bury criminals where the bodies will never be found, so you see a lot less crime

This must be a pathetic attempt at “try that in a small town” moment. I’m pretty sure it’s plenty of crime happening in rural California.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
When I first saw the video, first thing I thought of is how many lawyers will be contacting him about filing a lawsuit.

You know the ones.....if we don't win we don't get paid.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
You don't see this in rural areas of Calif because criminals seem to disappear in rural areas.

In rural areas, people know each other, so problems are taken care of swiftly.

In rural areas, most criminal find moving to the cities makes for a safer place to keep committing crimes where fewer people know them and there are no backhoes to bury their bodies.
In the Calif desert there are a lot of places to bury criminals where the bodies will never be found, so you see a lot less crime

Are you sayin', "Try that in a small town?"

:
edit on 2023 8 07 by incoserv because: YouTube is fascist.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenny2xx
You people are really getting off to this video. I wonder if you’ll have the same energy when it’s a methed out white guy getting beat like this 🤔

I'd feel exactly the same. I worked at a convenience store several years ago. I worked there Monday through Thursday 11 PM to 7 AM. The other three nights I worked as an armed guard. One night about 3 am I had a guy pull a knife and demand what was in the register. I pulled a pistol on him. The Police came, arrested him and had me call the owner to come in. He gave some song and dance about needing to feed his family. When the police left, I was promptly fired. The store dropped the charges against the guy and inquired about weapons charges against me. Six weeks later, the SAME guy robbed the store, beat and raped the girl who replaced me. By the way, he was White.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Black. White. Chinese. Blind.Deaf Handicapped....everything is an excuse and pointing a finger. I do not discriminate when it comes to crime but the media does.

This is not retaliation. It is protection. FAFO. Good for the shop owners. Wasn't this like the 3rd or 4th time? The bully, in this case the felon, got what he had coming to him.

BILLIONS in aid in California for the poor and homeless. This dirtbag picked the wrong place.

Just like the snatch and grabs. Shoot them. If they want to risk it for a LV purse that is on them. I can tell you this. You shoot a few people and it will stop.

It is criminal and the criminals now know, in big cities, they can do what they want.
edit on Augam31amf0000002023-08-07T10:09:37-05:001037 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If enough people just shoot those who think their lives are worth others stuff, then maybe the criminals will stop stealing.

As for vigilante justice?

When DA's won't prosecute and the police are so under-funded that they can't arrest, then that is the only justice.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

BILLIONS in aid in California for the poor and homeless. This dirtbag picked the wrong place.

Just like the snatch and grabs. Shoot them. If they want to risk it for a LV purse that is on them. I can tell you this. You shoot a few people and it will stop.

Nope, it doesn't stop - things like this never stop. .. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

While it *might* deter petty crimes like shoplifting (and I will call them petty compared to all the real crimes committed by large corporations and politicians), it ALWAYS ends up used to control rights of ordinary people.

Sure, you will get a whipping for spray painting in China but you will also get sent to a prison (called a re-education camp) if you want to practice a non-sanctioned religion.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenny2xx
You people are really getting off to this video. I wonder if you’ll have the same energy when it’s a methed out white guy getting beat like this 🤔

Most definitely! I hate methheads; I’ve seen the evil They do too many times!

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That type of thinking is why it cannot be ended. Nothing wrong with stop and frisk. Nothing wrong with profiling either. If a 23 year old white kid in the ghetto at 3 AM why not stop them? If there is a car full of black kids rolling at 3 AM in the same ghetto...why not stop them? It can be in HOA neighborhoods also with gates.

There is no accountability. Then, you have some BS like George Floyd and no one thinks about the 9 year old caught in a drive by. They 17 year old kid. The grandma. The dads.......Chicago needs the National Guard.

Now, the argument about how it affects the average citizen...uhm, could care less getting pulled over and letting them check me. It is lawful conduct. Using the police like they should be will not cause you to lose civil rights.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Even if you think it's justified in this case, mob mentality is extremely dangerous - people's ability to think clearly and do the right thing is turned off.

Tons of examples along on both sides of the political spectrum - the mob demanding money for Riley Gaines, the Florida woman shooting the mother of kids that were bothering her.........

It doesn't work - it has NEVER worked.

People are presumed innocent for a reason - the US system was set-up primarily to stop mob justice.

Get out of your fantasy worlds - circumvention of the justice system isn't going to be used to protect little shop owners, it will be another tool used by the elite to control YOU.

Do you apply this logic to Antifa and BLM asking for people that aren’t clearly idiots… 😉👍

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If enough people just shoot those who think their lives are worth others stuff, then maybe the criminals will stop stealing.

As for vigilante justice?

When DA's won't prosecute and the police are so under-funded that they can't arrest, then that is the only justice.

Problem is they’re too busy arresting and prosecuting the actual victims of crimes by criminalizing self defenses instead of putting away the scumbags that are destroying every fiber of everything that made America the greatest country in the world…

“Oh that poor man/woman had a drug addiction/terrible childhood/mental illness/blah blah blah” enough with the Goddamn excuses for these scumbags… I don’t care why you’re committing the crimes… you don’t get to be the victim when your robbery goes bad for you… hopefully you end up toe tagged so there’s only one side of the story (not you personally… but you knew that… so why Am I explaining 😜)…
edit on 7-8-2023 by SwissMarked because: 🖕🐸🖕

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Even if you think it's justified in this case, mob mentality is extremely dangerous

It can be, but thats not what happened, so your argument is a tad disingenuous. Anyway, vigilantism is a reaction to failure of govt/le to deal with it. We have have quite a few murders and stabbing as of late by people on bail for violent offences. I'm not into turning the other cheek to these people. It's a colossal failure by our govt, who decided to tell judges to give everyone bail.

people's ability to think clearly and do the right thing is turned off

The "right thing"..whats that? let people walk away with your stuff, with no repercussions/accountability?

I understand your sentiment, I just think sometimes you do need to tcob yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join