It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is consciousness.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I became a little aware of what consciousness is. I thought it was limited to memory and awareness but I didn't really fit the key as I got to know recenlty.

Nothing could be possible without consciousness, not even the rock in the garden.

I've been studying religions quite a while because as a child I had a feeling of something special, and things like God interested me.

So now, when asked about consciousness, I'd say consciousness is everything. Without consciousness one would not be able to observe the material things and my conviction of the supernatural, defining the supernatural as consciousness and creator of all things I figure everything started from consciousness.

All this blended together meaning, consciousness having been needed to create all of reality and consciousness being needed to observe all of it I say now everything is consciousness, it's the source of all things and without it nothing would exist.
edit on 3-8-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Every object is linked to the "creator consciousness." It's design and a designer carefully knows what he does with it and keeps an eye on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Untun

The seer and seen are not two.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
yep i agree.
when you dream everything in your dream is consciousness.
we are living in the dream of a much higher form of consciousness we can't possibly understand in our normal human state of mind.
you can tap into the ultimate consciousness by lowering your brain waves into theta through energy work and meditation.

most people will ignore exploring altered states of consciousness because they are afraid or arrogant or lazy. that is slowly changing though.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I see you narrowed it down what consciousness is by declaring it everything.
You won't convince anybody with that and you still don't have the faintest clue what consciousness is.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes ...everything is consciousness.

What ever name it is given......it is one without a second......so consciousness is as good a name as any.

edit on 3-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

True. I also believe in a collective consciousness , and how our thoughts influnce the world around us.
I saw a video once about how 'your brain creates your reality'
Who knows, wondering how much is 'real' when I look around me.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Do you think that you are in control of what thoughts appear?

Don't they just pop in and out of existence?

edit on 3-8-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: ancientlight

Do you think that you are in control of what thoughts appear?

Don't they just pop in and out of existence?

You have some control to control unwanted/intrusive thoughts through meditation.
I saw a video here , about how flouride (supposedly) encapsulates our 'third eye'.
Makes you wonder when the corrupt US government loves to add fluoride to drinking water

Third eye , how to awaken your supernatural ability

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Thanks. I hereby consider your acknowledgment and agreement.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The Quran attributes the names of the properties of reality as the names to this reality.

The Benevolent.
The Always Forgiving.
The King (of kings).
The Merciful.

99 I think exactly, let me drop you a link.

99 names of reality

I'm sure insults can be non-beneficient.

Write them on the writing board of your heart.
edit on 3-8-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Simply the point is to not identify with the world as to merge as a drop with the ocean.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Everything you see is created out of electromagnetic signals in a place no photon has ever reached.

It's always only now...

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Yes, it's always eternal until non-eternal.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Do you think the drop still exist as an individual consciousness with an individual experience, experiencing the whole from a diffrent perspective, once it merged?

Isn't that the reason to separate in the first place?

You can only observe something and give a meaningful feedback if you have something to look at.
if there is only one consciousness what would it look at?

Why separate if the only reason is to merge?

Sounds fishy...
edit on 3-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I became a little aware of what consciousness is. I thought it was limited to memory and awareness but I didn't really fit the key as I got to know recenlty.

There is something else that needs be considered. Awareness itself is not part of consciousness. Consciousness was created by the awareness. Awareness itself (I AM THAT I AM) is the great mystery.

Awareness exists in silence. Consciousness exists in movement.

Before Abraham Was, I Am. (awareness)
Abraham like all our minds and bodies are made of dust. (Consciousness)

It certainly seems unnatural for a person that exist in non-stop thought to exist in awareness. But non-stop thought itself is the result of desires. Without desires our thoughts dissipate giving way to the pure awareness that exist at the core of our being.

“There is nothing so much like God in all the universe as silence.”
— Meister Eckhart

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

A passage in Frater Aossic's (Kenneth Grant) book "Outer gateways" comes to mind...

"From the standpoint of metagnosis, or true metaphysic, science is no less a superstition than religion. Both have led man to the morass of which he now flounders. Science has augmented fear of and for this world, while religion has deluded with vague hopes for the next.The secret of everything lies in consciousness. Until investigations are stripped of inessentials, scientific and/or religious, Reality will remain obscured. The only fact of which we have direct, immediate and continuous experience, is awareness of consciousness. So-called unconsciousness is non-existent. Outside consciousness nothing whatever exists for us.

The three vehicles of Awareness (as they appear from the waking state) are identified as body, mind and consciousness. When awareness is identified with the body, then the consciousness of ‘things’ is experienced. But when the stand is in total Awareness, consciousness is no longer experienced individually but cosmically, universally; not personalized but impersonalized. It is then as it always was and will be — the True Self.

…That which is usually considered to be a blank, a hiatus, is in truth all that we are, Consciousness Pure, sometimes called the Self…

1. If one looks through the sense organs, gross objects appear. This is the waking state.

2. If one looks through the mind, subtle objects (thoughts) appear. This is the dream state.

3. If one sees from Mind Quiescent, only the seer remains, and THAT is Consciousness. To the unenlightened, this state appears as sleep; to the enlightened  is appears as Reality.”

– Kenneth Grant, Outer Gateways

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Consciousness needs conformation.

Conformation is objective from a point of view.

Points of view depend on belief.

Belief depends on feelings.

Feelings come from the subconscious.

We are all an Oroborus seeking self conformation.

Roll with it and Rock a little to the beat of life knowing we can feed off ourselves until the circle becomes a dot again.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I see you narrowed it down what consciousness is by declaring it everything.
You won't convince anybody with that and you still don't have the faintest clue what consciousness is.

We all have first person accounts of what consciousness is, we all know it, we all have conscious experiences all days of our life, non stop. You are asking "what consciousness is" because you are biased towards materialism and you need a materialistic explanation.

Consciousness is the given. Every and any theory needs a given, a reduction base, something to start off from. In the case of idealism, that given is experience. In the case of materialism, it is matter and the big bang etc..

To debunk idealism, you have to prove that there is anything outside of the scope of consciousness, which is our only horizon.

posted on Aug, 3 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I think you have something here Ungurn and if I may, I would like to add something to it,

it's the source of all things and without it nothing would exist.

But wah? Nothing cannot exist because if it did,,,,,,,,it would be something.........

<<   2  3  4 >>

join