It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eagles founding member Randy Meisner dead at 77

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Eagles founding member Randy Meisner is dead at age 77, the band announced in a Facebook post Thursday.

The Eagles said on their official Facebook page that Meisner died from complications from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Always a big fan of the Eagles as far back as I can remember. Hotel California came out in 1977, when I was just 13 and I still crank it up when it comes on the radio.
RIP Randy and thanks for all the music.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
He was a fine talent, but pretty lucky to have run into Glenn Frey and Don Henley.
Kinda like Ringo was lucky to have met those other 3 lads.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sad …. Love the Eagles !!! Another eagle down …

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
He left the band because of shyness. He wasn’t up to the task of being super famous.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The Eagles were about the first group I heard of as a kid in the early 70s it was country rock back then. Have seen them live 4-5 times over the years, their free concert in Piedmont Park was madness i

Just read like butcherguy said shyness, he didn't like coming up and being frontman on his 3 classic songs. Didn't know it blew up into a fight after one show.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

This reminds me of the joke I like to tell : Sad that we only have two Beatles left...the Good One and Paul.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stonewaller
a reply to: stevieray

This reminds me of the joke I like to tell : Sad that we only have two Beatles left...the Good One and Paul.

Lol, very nice. Though I think Paul did good things for a lot of people. He played bass so the others could stay on guitar. He basically created Badfinger by writing several of their hits for them.
Though I can’t for the life of me understand why he doesn’t round up Ringo and all the sons of the 4, and do some damned new songs and concerts for us. Would be nice. Lennon’s kids would sound just like he’s there, and Harrison’s son is similar to him.
This would be so cool.

top topics

join