It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise Florida Tourism Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm getting ready to spend three weeks in Colorado for an art show tour at three major resorts. According to my artist buddies that have already participated in shows in June, tourism is down.

I searched for a report on 2023 tourism this summer, and couldn't find a lot of info, but I did find this:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Just because a company is large doesn't mean illegals aren't working there!

I personally know of 2 Amazon delivery drivers that are not legal citizens.

I when I worked at the base, I reported seeing one of the software contractors we had staying late in the building too often when work requirements didn't require that much overtime. Turns out he was a chinese citizen living in the building after work! He slept in a van, cooked in the lunchroom microwave and shaved and spongebathed in the mens room.

Well, somehow they are scamming the system, or you are incorrectly assuming their status. A big corporation can get into big trouble if caught. I just changed jobs and started a new one this week and it consisted of a full background check and 3 different IDs not to mention 3 interviews.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Disnfo

This is Disney wrapping their poor financial performance in politics and social issues.

Orlando area is the most expensive tourist destination in the US.

A 5 night/6 day stay at Disney for a family of 4 averages between 2500-3500 bucks.

As posted already a few times in this thread, people simply can't afford this.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I also wanted them to have a more wholesome choice of partner.

I don't understand this point.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I linked one of the articles saying corporation are cancelling conventions in Florida. Those bring in massive amounts of money for the entire economy there. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think corporations playing the WOKE game and not just being neutral are feeling the pain now, so there is a good chance these corporations planned sometime last year to show their WOKEness by not coming to FL, but it seems many are backing off now after the pushback that has been happening.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The tourism business in Japan is blooming as a matter of fact it's busting to it seems it's very explosive here right now the fact that it's about 140 yen per dollar makes Japan pretty attractive place to go shopping also.

EU is very attractive too with the rate there.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, the two illegals driving for Amazon are in-laws....so yeah, I kinda know their status.

And the Chinese guy was a big office scandal after I blew it up. The top civilian in the outfit retired nearly immediately afterwards, where he have previously announced he was staying 2 more years to pay for his swimming pool.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Well, the two illegals driving for Amazon are in-laws....so yeah, I kinda know their status.

It would be interesting to understand how they got their jobs. Are they truly undocumented? I have a good number of friends that work for Amazon and they all went through kind of the same process as I just recently did.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If you're basing your vacation destination on political ideology, then you are a Karen or a Kevin.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Kentuckymama
Tourism is up so that wouldn’t explain it.

I guess you mean in other places?

I linked one of the articles saying corporation are cancelling conventions in Florida. Those bring in massive amounts of money for the entire economy there.

Well, conventiopn cancellations could be explained by woke big businesses rejecting sane rational policies. As for Disney, I had actually been planning on taking my kids to Disneyland way back when,. but flat rejected that idea once their wokism started showing.

So, there are explanations other than 'DeSantis bad' and/or 'illegals good'.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It will... the next 18 months will go a long way to revealing whether or not America as it has been will go on, or wither and die.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

A lot of the 3rd party Amazon delivery companies don't require more than a DL, which most illegals can, somehow, get.

Couple acquaintances of my wifes' were interviewed, hired, and started working in a matter of 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Vacations everywhere are expensive, especially where the economy of the area depends on tourism.

Here's a thought...stay home, shop local, and improve your local economy.

edit on 12-7-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It's not just Orlando, Miami-Dade and Broward tourism numbers are down as well. I have heard that what should be around 90% occupancy hotel for this time of year are down to 60% occupancy. Florida's money maker is tourism and he's messing that up. Billions of dollars lost. Desantis is bad for business.

Interesting that Orlando , Miami-Dade and broward are all democrat controlled.

dos.myflorida.com...
Also I don't see how Florida being one of the top states everyone is moving into is bad for business.

Perhaps tourism is dropping because they have permanently moved here escaping their liberal sh1tholes and are no longer tourist.

Also Disney has been hemorrhaging billions for a few years not only in park attractions but in movies and their streaming services by pushing their woke bs and sexualization of kids. I know several lifetime disney fanatics that have cancelled their yearly passes because of disney woke bs.
edit on 12731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2023 11:12:35 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you're basing your vacation destination on political ideology, then you are a Karen or a Kevin.

Awww, I think you just admitted you like to vacation in blue states. I don’t blame you.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

TBH you cant pay me to go vacation in chicago, la, san fran, new york, etc due to political ideology of the left that protects criminals more than the victims, due to safety concerns for my family.

Not worth the headache.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can personally see a whole plethora of reasons for their tourism being down and a cancelation of certain events and conventions; most of them being somewhat comical.

First, and the big thing being beaten like a dead horse through many others in this thread, is the cost of attractions down there. $30 for a hotdog and fries, not to mention outrageous admission and hotel prices with a several hour wait for rides (they've had a number of articles of people complaining about that in that past, along with countless social media videos posted by vacationers). You take a family of 3 or 4 for that many days, you're spending thousands of dollars - not including travel costs. Personally with groceries and all other every day purchases being up 400% over the last few years, I'd rather pay my mortgage for the next two months and just go camping or hit the beach.

The political climate is...... well..... another big issue. The anti whatever they want to call it bills that passed, are seemingly keeping crazies out and away. If people have a problem with the majority of those bills that were passed, they are objectively part of a problem in and of itself.

Right from the rip we had everyone talking about the "Don't Say G**" bill (i'm not sure what we can and can't say on here anymore) that didn't really understand it but thought they did (because everyone is a google scholar nowadays with a Master's degree in search engine usage) and of course that's going to cause a lot of outrage and people to protest going there, because they either don't want to condone it, or they don't want to be perceived as condoning it.

I think that is the biggest issue with the political climate; too many derps with a podium screaming at the top of their lungs over something they don't understand and both scaring and riling up everyone within earshot. That in and of itself begets another issue - sometimes (not all the time) you have to lower your IQ and beat your head against a wall in active time to anticipate what crazy people will do, and the goofballs around them. Not everyone can do that.

So... Yeah, high prices and dumb people, basically.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I also wanted them to have a more wholesome choice of partner.

I don't understand this point.

I find that in the Midwest there are certain values that people are brought up with. Of course it’s not 100% but it is such a heck of a lot more than what I saw in Florida.

In Florida pretty much every single person I knew was into drugs. Teachers, athletes, business people. It was so pervasive. I felt you couldn’t escape it. In the Midwest I don’t feel it’s like that. Sure there are people that do it but it’s not every single person I know. The culture is different.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I base my vacation destination a lot on gun laws.

If I can't protect myself and my family adequately, I generally refrain from the area.

And parking. I base it on parking too. I refuse to pay for parking.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Disnfo

This is Disney wrapping their poor financial performance in politics and social issues.

Orlando area is the most expensive tourist destination in the US.

A 5 night/6 day stay at Disney for a family of 4 averages between 2500-3500 bucks.

As posted already a few times in this thread, people simply can't afford this.

Wrong. This is not just about Disney although they are large and easily identifiable. Universal, hotels and many other places are feeling the same thing. It’s all over social media with small businesses that are asking, where are the tourist??!! They are not Disney. Some of them aren’t even on the same side of the state. How do you explain that?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
a reply to: DBCowboy

I base my vacation destination a lot on gun laws.

If I can't protect myself and my family adequately, I generally refrain from the area.

And parking. I base it on parking too. I refuse to pay for parking.

Don’t visit Illinois!
Parking is insane. It is not unheard of for hotels to charge near $100 a night for PARKING.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join