It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise Florida Tourism Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Well, the two illegals driving for Amazon are in-laws....so yeah, I kinda know their status.

It would be interesting to understand how they got their jobs. Are they truly undocumented? I have a good number of friends that work for Amazon and they all went through kind of the same process as I just recently did.

The biggest numbers of illegals in this country are likely legal.

I seen this first hand when I ran my business . I used a pay service to vet and pay my employees and one time I got someone that came in with some crazy social security number in the form of 111-11-111x

I thought in no way that number was legit and just for giggles sent it to the pay service. When I gave them the number the lady on the phone asked me to repeat it which i did. She then asked me "sir am I hearing you correct" and I said yes. She then tells me that she doesn't think that number will check out but she will run it anyways and we kind of both laughed and agreed.

She later comes back and tells me you aren't going to believe this but the number passed as valid.
At a later date I found out that the person using the number was in fact illegal . Last I heard about 5 years ago she was still working in the US but not sure if she is still here.

IMO most illegals are using legal fake documentation and papers and the system is setup to look the other way.

edit on 26731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2023 11:26:57 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Disney is a big part of Florida tourism and people are sick of the place and its woke bs. And after a couple years of build back better, with no building and no better, people don't have disposable cash for expensive vacations any more. Florida may be seeing some cancellations due to band-wagoning among the corporate woke world but Chicago is suffering a similar downturn and Chicago is a polar opposite to Florida. That tells me its much more than just the politics of the governor.

www.audacy.com...

Over 30 million people visited Chicago in 2021, city expects full tourism recovery by 2023

Do you live in Chicago?
I visit several times a year and I can say this year I’ve never seen it more busy.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
Some of you have your head in the sand and don’t want to admit what is really happening.

www.reviewjournal.com...

Smiling again: After lull, Vegas tourism indicators back to growth in May

Most places have either recovered or are up when it comes to tourism, except Florida, which is what this OP is about. Why is that? If like some of you say it’s Woke culture, then that wouldn’t explain why very liberal cities are back on track. So what else could be happening to Florida..hmmmmm what could it be…..

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Some of you have your head in the sand and don’t want to admit what is really happening.

www.reviewjournal.com...

Smiling again: After lull, Vegas tourism indicators back to growth in May

Most places have either recovered or are up when it comes to tourism, except Florida, which is what this OP is about. Why is that? If like some of you say it’s Woke culture, then that wouldn’t explain why very liberal cities are back on track. So what else could be happening to Florida..hmmmmm what could it be…..

If its because of Desantis as you appear to indicate then why is Florida among the top states of where people are moving into while liberal paradise states and cities have been among the top outbound moves ? At one time Uhual couldn't even get trucks in liberal cities because it was a one way to FL and TX.

1. Perhaps the data is BS trying to make Desantis look bad. Just like the MSM was pushing HIllary winning all the polls or how business insider just this week tried to say florida had more people moving out than cali and NY? Then they got called out for it on twitter for it multiple times . then they deleted their tweet but kept the article up in their site where people couldn't comment. I guess they got enouth blow back that eventually they updated their article today to indicate they got the numbers wrong after the hit piece and damage was done.

www.businessinsider.com...

Editor's note: This story has been updated to correct an error regarding Census data. In 2021, an estimated 469,577 people moved out of Florida, while 674,740 people relocated to the state. An earlier version of the story switched those numbers.

2. Perhaps Fl had the biggest spike in tourism and now its normalizing?

3. Perhaps since FL was among the top states people moved too many of them are no longer tourist?

However what doesn't make sense is pushing that Florida policies are failing because tourist numbers are not as high during off season when Florida is among the top states people are moving into.

If anything it could be the cost of goods and services in florida going up due to bidendelusionecomics inflation and FL having such a huge influx of new residents coming in driving cost up.

Lets see tourist number during cold winter months in fl and other parts of the country.
edit on 12731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2023 12:12:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do you live in Chicago?
I visit several times a year and I can say this year I’ve never seen it more busy.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

In the eternal struggle of money vs. the law, money almost always wins.

All three Abrahamic religions initially considered usury a sin (for good reason). Nowadays, Christianity and Judaism are perfectly fine with it. Islam still says usuary is a sin, so instead of "interest" extra payments are called "gifts." Money wanted interest payments, the law lost.

In 80s Florida, drug laws took a back seat to the real estate boom financed by the drug trade. It seems now that law enforcement is more interested in how much money they can take out of the illegal drug trade than actually stopping it. Bankers realize that you can only stuff so much cash in a mattress, that drug money eventually winds up in a bank somewhere.

Illegal immigrants are one step above 1800's slaves. They work dirt cheap and can easily be disposed of. The moneyed interests want this cheap labor, so government ignores the law. As long as business can profit from them, illegal immigrants are fine. Of course, it would be a different story if 10 million Russian "migrants" were flooding the west coast and setting up camps near military bases.

So, yeah, eventually DeSantis will be gone, driven out by a candidate who will be well financed by out of state money. The next person will ignore immigration laws, and businesses will once again profit from cheap labor.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Do you live in Chicago?

I was slated to attend a wholesalers convention in Miami and was looking forward to some bonefishing in the Keys; but it was canceled and moved to Chicago.

edit on 12-7-2023 by olaru12 because: whaaa?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you live in Chicago?

I was slated to attend a wholesalers convention in Miami and was looking forward to some bonefishing in the Keys; but it was canceled and moved to Chicago.
I was in DC / Maryland area and the hotels were filled to the brim with conventions too.

Atlanta, Chicago, Vegas are all picking up the conventions Florida isn’t getting.

edit on 12-7-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you're basing your vacation destination on political ideology, then you are a Karen or a Kevin.

Awww, I think you just admitted you like to vacation in blue states. I don’t blame you.

I live in Portland for Gawd's Sake!
lol

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew
originally posted by: interupt42

I base my vacations on fishing, gold panning and no cell phone reception.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I seen this first hand when I ran my business . I used a pay service to vet and pay my employees and one time I got someone that came in with some crazy social security number in the form of 111-11-111x

I could find 111-10 but no 111-11. There is a 111-10-111 lol. 111 is actually New York

She later comes back and tells me you aren't going to believe this but the number passed as valid.
At a later date I found out that the person using the number was in fact illegal . Last I heard about 5 years ago she was still working in the US but not sure if she is still here.

IMO most illegals are using legal fake documentation and papers and the system is set up to look the other way.

I think larger corporations want more due to this. I used a state license, SSN, and passport as identification and then I was run through a full background check. This is with a company of 450.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I find that in the Midwest there are certain values that people are brought up with. Of course it’s not 100% but it is such a heck of a lot more than what I saw in Florida.

In Florida pretty much every single person I knew was into drugs. Teachers, athletes, business people. It was so pervasive. I felt you couldn’t escape it. In the Midwest I don’t feel it’s like that. Sure there are people that do it but it’s not every single person I know. The culture is different.

Ok thanks, I understand now. I guess it comes down to where in FL too. I purposely stayed in my area in Washington state because the school was good, had a large number of activities and support, no gangs, low drug use as big druggies were ostracized more than anything else from the majority, and everyone just got along with everyone. My two boys didn't see a single fight at school for their time for example.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I could find 111-10 but no 111-11. There is a 111-10-111 lol. 111 is actually New York

I don't recall the exact number since it was over 5+ years and now that I think it of it might be even 10+ years.
However it was strange enough that myself, the wife, and the pay company all had the same reaction , no way that is going to check out, LOL.

I think larger corporations want more due to this. I used a state license, SSN, and passport as identification and then I was run through a full background check. This is with a company of 450.

some will for sure , but I doubt the agriculture or hospitality industries are checking any further than they have too Also using third party or subcontractors as a means to get around liability .

However I'm not up to date on the new requirements tbh. I just remember that one incident being pretty shocking that the number cleared

edit on 30731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2023 14:30:01 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Tourism is up so that wouldn’t explain it.

I linked one of the articles saying corporation are cancelling conventions in Florida. Those bring in massive amounts of money for the entire economy there. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

You seem to be missing some huge points. As care pointed out, the average family cannot afford to vacation with how lousy the economy is doing. Considering that how much more expensive would things at Disney be?
As for corporations, umm they are not doing that hot either. For a small chunk of them why bother since they moved to FL in the first place. For the rest is it an expense they need?
We will see more purse tightening as things get worse. There is not as much discretionary money available to either families or corporations.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

lol

I love the smell of burning Portland in the late evening as the smoke drifts across to us on the other side of the river.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

lol

I love the smell of burning Portland in the late evening as the smoke drifts across to us on the other side of the river.

I prefer the open camps of homeless, the poo of drug addicts and all the broken windows myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I prefer the open camps of homeless, the poo of drug addicts and all the broken windows myself.

When are you moving to the gun-loving, zero state tax, low homeless, no ANTIFA side?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

You seem to be missing some huge points. As care pointed out, the average family cannot afford to vacation with how lousy the economy is doing. Considering that how much more expensive would things at Disney be?

If that were the case tourism would be down in Vegas, tourism would be down in Chicago etc.
I lived in Florida and to be honest I don’t think it was the “average” family going there for quite a bit.
Disney has been more of a luxury vacation for a while.

Even though the economy is doing poorly some people are still vacationing, and doing touristy thing, just not in Florida. Many touristy places are right at where they were before the pandemic (doing very good)
For some reason some of you just don’t want to believe that.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

When are you moving to the gun-loving, zero state tax, low homeless, no ANTIFA side?

18 months.

When I retire.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Amazon has many drivers on contract. Apparently contractors are not checked well. They have Mexican IDs. I don't know what else they have, but one has been deported more than once.

Anchor babies that go back to Mexico to be raised have SSN that get rented out for a multitude of purposes: welfare until they are 18, employee proof after that. Often, a family member uses the SSN to work in the US. All they have to have is be an age and sex believable.

Phoney documents can be had for a price. Even CA Id was found to have people being bribed at the DMV a few years back.

Until we have biometric ID, paper will always be abused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join