It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise Florida Tourism Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
People actually didn’t believe this would happen, but it did and this is just the start.

www.forbes.com... slowing/?sh=6e747725d5a9

DeSantis’ Controversial Policies Spark Florida Convention Cancellations—As Tourism Shows Signs Of Slowing

insidethemagic.net...

www.orlandoweekly.com...

Walt Disney World a Ghost Town as Florida Tourism Crashes

Orange County sees tourism tax dollars tumble for another month

insidethemagic.net...

DeSantis Seriously Wrecks Florida Tourism Industry, “They’re Really Suffering”

twitter.com...

BREAKING: Florida businesses PANIC over Florida tourism as major conventions flee the state's “unfriendly political environment.”

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I lived in Florida for a while, and my guess is that the natives probably are enjoying this.
That’s not what this OP is about.

This is about Desantis and Florida and the battle between him and Disney, illegals and all the ramifications.

I saw this coming a mile away. Many American don’t want to admit WHO keeps the wheels turning.
Who really works the jobs we REALLY don’t want. They want us to want those jobs but we don’t. Even when they are offering a lot of money, we don’t want them.

Guess who does…. Illegals.. but we don’t want them either. So here we are.
Florida is a magnification of it all.
I’m not saying what Desantis did is wrong, but I’m saying it has ramifications that many weren’t expecting (for some odd reason)

Some are saying Desantis attacked all that is Florida, Disney, Bud Light, Illegals, what’s next gators?
edit on 11-7-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   

After vacationing in the Orlando and Cape Canaveral area last year, I have felt no urge to return. Way too crowded. Restaurants, Roads, Resort... too many people for the infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

After vacationing in the Orlando and Cape Canaveral area last year, I have felt no urge to return. Way too crowded. Restaurants, Roads, Resort... too many people for the infrastructure.

It was like that when we were there too and more and more people kept moving there.
My #1 reason for moving out of Florida was that the drug scene was so pervasive. I didn’t wanted to protect my kids.
I also wanted them to have a more wholesome choice of partner. It was the right decision.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Maybe most people are spending all their money trying to keep the lights on and the kids fed. My grocery bill has doubled and the prices are still going up. I'm gonna say I'm not the only one dipping into savings for the basics right now. Vacation is out of the question as long as we can barely afford to eat at home.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Maybe most people are spending all their money trying to keep the lights on and the kids fed. My grocery bill has doubled and the prices are still going up. I'm gonna say I'm not the only one dipping into savings for the basics right now. Vacation is out of the question as long as we can barely afford to eat at home.

Tourism is up so that wouldn’t explain it.

I linked one of the articles saying corporation are cancelling conventions in Florida. Those bring in massive amounts of money for the entire economy there. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Having spent a week in the middle about half way down the state many years ago, I found the taste of the tap water most unenjoyable if not off putting. That is except at SeaWorld. They had to filter the water much better there for all the fish. West coast, east coast, middle, made no difference. That was Bush Gardens and Cape Canaveral for the coasts. Would not go there again without my own filter available.

Now for the present question. Is travel not down practically everywhere? I hear more people are flying places but are they actually doing things for recreation or not? You can go somewhere without actually doing the local attractions. That will make it seem down compared to what it was in the before time, pre COVID.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Multiple reasons I'm guessing and nothing to do with De Santis.
Many are boycotting Disney , for obvious reasons, others because it's just too expensive.
A family of four , a 3 day stay in Disney and area would easily be more than a $1000.

Also, inflation, constant fear mongering fired by the MSM making people more anxious /stressed etc.
Air travel is horribly lately, especially since the scamdemic.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   

You were wise and selfless to do whatever it took to get your children into a more wholesome environment.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

As to Disney, that's the heat dingbats from other states think they can toy with (ha, morons), and Disney's own greed -- my best friend was going to take the fam up to Disney, until she priced a single day that would run them around $200+ per (a litte goddam outrageous)

They opted for the beach instead, and have no plans on doing a Disney Day any time soon.

Her take on the heat is it's just a bit hotter, but otherwise another day residing in Satan's Taint, USA (always makes me laugh, & I rub in the 50 & 60 degree nights up here
)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

As to Disney, that's the heat dingbats from other states think they can toy with (ha, morons), and Disney's own greed -- my best friend was going to take the fam up to Disney, until she priced a single day that would run them around $200+ per (a litte goddam outrageous)

They opted for the beach instead, and have no plans on doing a Disney Day any time soon.

Her take on the heat is it's just a bit hotter, but otherwise another day residing in Satan's Taint, USA (always makes me laugh, & I rub in the 50 & 60 degree nights up here
)

It’s not just Disney though, that’s the thing. People are skipping out on the whole area.
Conventions aren’t just at Disney.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Disney attendence is down in all their parks. Their last price hike was too aggressive.

Conventions might be down, because a few decide where to go for the many, and aren't family vacation destinations normally.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Meanwhile, tourism in San Francisco is WAY up!

This is funny OP.

I like how OP says "but tourism is way up" without any attempt to back it up. Is toruism way up? I don't think so, most people do not have any extra cash laying around to vacation anywhere.

And Disney going 100,000 percent woke HAS turned people off to them. And if they are losing money then I am perfectly fine with that. The old days I would think, "well this is sad, there are people with jobs and families being affected." I no longer care. If Mickey is never seen again I am perfectly fine with that.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

This is funny OP.

I like how OP says "but tourism is way up" without any attempt to back it up. Is toruism way up? I don't think so, most people do not have any extra cash laying around to vacation anywhere.

And Disney going 100,000 percent woke HAS turned people off to them. And if they are losing money then I am perfectly fine with that. The old days I would think, "well this is sad, there are people with jobs and families being affected." I no longer care. If Mickey is never seen again I am perfectly fine with that.

isnt there are disney land in california too? are they facing similar problems?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: greendust

I would think people would be concerned about the impact of the second largest employer in Florida can affect the economy. Clearly you do not and clearly you have little understanding of how economic tourism works in that state. You should be more concerned about the inflammatory remarks the governor has made and actions he has taken that directly is already having a negative impact on the state.
But hey gotta love that blanket term "woke".

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: malte85

The revenue from ticket sales and merchandise sales in cali far outperforms Florida as of late. But in all Disney has lost billions in revenue yearly across the globe. Mostly due to covid restrictions but in Florida they face numerous other challenges. And now Florida has to take on the responsibilities of many local funding to keep people employed and or create new jobs in certain areas to maintain economic growth.
With the lack of tourist revenue and the added cost on the Florida government it cannot be sustainable. That is a problem created by Florida and will cost them dearly.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   

If tourism is down in fl its because all the damn tourist permantly moved here.

I live in fl and this time of the yesr with the heat tourism drops but i swear its like they never left swfl.

Disney drop in numbers is not only in fl but accross the board. Their woke movies have lost billions. also disney plus has been losing subscribers.

www.reuters.com...

It looks like in 2022 they lost 120 billion so they have been on a decline for a while.

In regards to convention i cant spesk too.

However the one thing that is noticeable is apparantly the big national chain restaurants had been using illegal workers because juat about every one i visit they are under stafffed. Not aa much with local establishments.

We actually got up and left two restaurant over the weekend due to staffing shortgage. Although the stsffing issue could also be due to the high cost of living in the area.
edit on 22731America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2023 03:22:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The global financial collapse has begun. Of course people aren't going on vacation and if they do, they are going to wherever they get the most bang for the buck, like Europe
edit on 12-7-2023 by quietspectator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: greendust

This is funny OP.

www.ustravel.org...

Key June Highlights: Total travel spending improved to 1.4% above May 2022 levels and was up 5.5% year-to-date through May 2023, Air travel demand appears to have stabilized somewhat and remained up 10% in May from the same month last year. Hotel demand remained below pre-pandemic levels for the third consecutive month and was down 2% in May. Overseas arrivals made little improvement and remained 26% below 2019 levels in May.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Disney drop in numbers is not only in fl but accross the board. Their woke movies have lost billions. also disney plus has been losing subscribers.

Lots of conservatives complaining, how do you explain their loss of revenue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join