It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are not doomed .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So you're saying it's the leftists fault and only Trump can save us.

I understand now.

(mods, cut me some slack, I'm sarcastic)

For those who may not understand what I'm saying, tribalism exists and has always existed.

And if tribalism exists, then my "god" is better than your "god" and we need to go to war to figure it out.

Ad nauseum.

indeed Ad nauseum .

Who knows how many peoples in the Cosmos have met the same inevitable self destructive fate because of Tribalism .

The question is can we rise above it can we beat the odds ?

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lasvegasteddy

if there was a god why do little kids get raped what god would allow that ? so many atrocities

Yes so many atrocities , So much suffering .

But it's not God mate , It's us we are our own hell .

As another member said it's not Gods fault , God simply is .

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

That great imagining is great and all, but the moment someone feels like taking that idea and implementing it into a religious aspect all is lost.
That has been proven time and time again.
Why people keep beating a dead horse I will never know.

Simply because if enough people come together with the same mindset, they make their own Gods.

I mean that quite literally.

Now is the fault in the flawed God, or the ones who made It?

That is a question that I believe is not for us to have the answer for.
Faith is a mysterious subject that every person will have a different say on.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That great imagining is great and all, but the moment someone feels like taking that idea and implementing it into a religious aspect all is lost.
That has been proven time and time again.
Why people keep beating a dead horse I will never know.

Simply because if enough people come together with the same mindset, they make their own Gods.

I mean that quite literally.

Now is the fault in the flawed God, or the ones who made It?

That is a question that I believe is not for us to have the answer for.
Faith is a mysterious subject that every person will have a different say on.

" You know, the Thing".

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

So you're saying it's the leftists fault and only Trump can save us.

I understand now.

(mods, cut me some slack, I'm sarcastic)

For those who may not understand what I'm saying, tribalism exists and has always existed.

And if tribalism exists, then my "god" is better than your "god" and we need to go to war to figure it out.

Ad nauseum.

indeed Ad nauseum .

Who knows how many peoples in the Cosmos have met the same inevitable self destructive fate because of Tribalism .

The question is can we rise above it can we beat the odds ?

Transform Fear into something else.

When the Divine is acknowledged, fear is eradicated.

But to narrow the leap of faith required to do so, let us remake fear anew.

posted on Jun, 19 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts AASB.

Nice to see so many replies to this thread, and good members thinking differently.

So many ideas, sometimes we only cue on one or two to reply.

Is part of it : about our attitudes towards having a Scarcity™, or abundance, worldview, or cosmology ?

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   

An established bartering system, with trusted currency is very helpful, what's not helpful is interest. Can't have exponential growth with limited resources. Interest is the one thing we need to get absolutely rid of, if we want to pass trough this great filter as a society... I imagine most people would do the necessary work to keep society afloat even if no one pays them. I also guess lots of jobs would become obsolete.

Our story is not written , We are not predestined , We can transcend the evil that has taken hold and twist our minds keeping us fighting . God created us for a reason and I’m positive that reason is not to act out some Bible prophecy.

The day your born, is actually doomsday. It's in that moment the decision is taken for you to suffer the same faith as everyone before you. Your end is very much written.
we can waist our time fighting what our limited understanding perceives as evil or we can enjoy the ride. I'll opt for the latter no matter how scary the ride is.

I will weight my heart against a feather.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I think we're being tested. Or at least some of us. Those that see things as they are and are resisting falling into despair and giving up, we're being watched and measured to see if we're going to be worthy of being aided. Then there are those who have either sold themselves and have joined the ranks of the enemy and there are those that are just oblivious to it all. The servants of the evil have their destinies written, but I think those that can't see whats going on will still be saved just never clued in on the decisions that will be made for them.
Things are getting crazy but people are also becoming more aware of it. And more people are becoming sane just like more are getting insane.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

hat great imagining is great and all, but the moment someone feels like taking that idea and implementing it into a religious aspect all is lost.

There in-lies the problem , 'Religion' . Implementing such a unifying Idea into something as polarizing as religion is counter productive.

Religion is as I've said one of the greatest evils to befall mankind.

God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.

Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Space is fake. The beginning of all wisdom is the fear of the lord

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I enjoy and am fascinated by social insects like ants and honey bees. They work tirelessly and selflessly to do their part to serve the queen and hive. The workers never stop working at full effort until they expire, then (in the case of ants) the other workers bring the dead worker back to the hive to be eaten. Even the queen and her male drones aren't free to do as they wish as they play their parts until they must die and pass the throne to the next queen and her drones.

And I belong in the service of the queen
And I belong anywhere but in between
She's been dying and I've been drinking
And I am the rain king

Rain King - Counting Crows

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

...The question is can we rise above it can we beat the odds ?

beat the odds is 1-in-3
and there will be any number of Judas' in any sized group of humans that are determined to overturn the apple cart (its a human nature thing...)

the same destructive algorithms in humans were tried with the Angel Host and Lucifer, see how freedom/choice worked in that realm

altruism or egalitarianism @ 100% never works,,,, history if full of Monks & pious souls getting shafted

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You may have just pulled me back from the edge. I don't mean that in a suidicidal way, because that will never be me. No, I mean it in way that looked sadly back to what ATS was, and what the world was, and, of course, our unique countries in which we reside. The recent changes as promulgated by our current owners have left me confused and worried; I still give them my full support, and hope, but I know that it takes a whole contribution and support from a tribe or community to make it work. We, the members are as important as those who steer the ship.

You have just infused me with hope -- something that the new owners didn't quite do. I am mourning members and mods who were flash-banned. I am still not certain what my role is here at ATS. It's been a good run. If not for wanting to do the best for all of you, I would have been long gone. We are a [dysfunctional but happy] family.

We, here, are a reflection of the world, which is in great turmoil. There are great divides being pushed in nearly every society.

Agree with you Asabuv........ our stories are ever in process. I want for generations of the future to look back on this time and say, "they were rugged and dilligent in their support of each other, even in the face of dire consequences." That's what I want. I am a 'boomer', born in the late 50s. I can remember times right up until the present where people of all demographics and skin tones worked together and mostly got along. We used to toil for wages, and we combined those wages with those of our tribe and our spouses, and somehow we struggled our way to better times. What has changed us so much??? Our governments. Our collective governments are manipulating us into fighting against each other for various bull# causes.

The Liberty Tree -- God bless its robust roots -- needs pruning, yes?

Thank you Asabuve for this heartfelt thread.

edit on 20/6/23 by argentus because: f'n spellin'

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
P.S. It almost feels like a chant I would use...

WE ARE NOT DOOMED. boom boom chi We are not doomed. boom boom chi.

One could imagine a gentle movement based upon such a chant.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Forgiveness is from another place.

We make ourselves evil for every person we don't befriend.

edit on 20-6-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the same destructive algorithms in humans were tried with the Angel Host and Lucifer, see how freedom/choice worked in that realm

I think with the Angels but Lucifer in-particular God was longing for someone who could appreciate his creation on the deepest level perhaps even add to it , But for this God had to give Lucifer power beyond power and in doing so role the dice.

Humans on the other hand I feel God meant for us to Experience his creation to live in it and grow and become what we will Good or Bad , To discover all of the secrets of Creation spread across the eons.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I've been on ATS since 2006 but under another username I was quite young back then and I've grown and found my way back to ATS .

Yes this place has changed but it still has that same rebellious streak about it , ATS is unique among all other Social Media or Forums and always has been. The new owners who ever they may be would do well to understand the unique nature of ATS and understand that is what keeps this place alive.

But your words of Praise mean a lot to me I thank you.

posted on Jun, 20 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: beyondknowledge2

So, you are wanting to go back to a barter system without money?

lol not really mate no , I'm imagining more of a connected consciousness .

Something that would require evolution , not exactly an over-night thing.

connected consciousness aka "autonomy is dangerous to the hive program"

sorry not sorry

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Often People act as if our story is written . As if we are cornered on this blue planet and we have no way out .

I’ve said on ATS before that the Universe is holding its breath hoping that we as a people wake up , Or if you would rather see the Universe as God that I understand. There's nothing holding us back but our own minds. Stop for a moment and forget your selfish desires and fears and realize the gift of Consciousness that we have.

Agree with the sentiments, BUT I think you're ascribing way too much importance to human beings.

We're a tiny blue dot in a solar system that's one of billions in a galaxy. Our galaxy is one of over 200 billion galaxies that have existed over the past 13 billion years.

The universe does not revolve around our tiny blue dot. The universe doesn't care, and that's even better than a universe staring at us and "holding its breath" for us to do something.

It is a fundamental selfish nature that drives humanity .One man eats because of another man's Selfish desire and that is one of the core problems with humanity but alas over the millennia we as a people have yet to find a better way to make it work .

I'm going to disagree with you here. Humans are a social species, like horses, wolves, elephants, and more. In social species, any newborn or young or injured or elderly member is protected and any member of the group who is too much trouble is killed or kicked out. Lone members of a social species end up being prey.

We are successful because we're even better at getting along in organized groups than other species. You don't see two families of chimps, for instance, coming to a peace treaty and then staking Yoout a territory and improving it with planting and so forth. You don't see every unrelated group of elephants in a park suddenly banding together as a single entity to ban humans from the park.

We are successful because we share (food, goods, crafts, labor, etc... yes even under the barter or wage system.) When we stop sharing, we become less successful.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The main reason communism has never worked and will never work, is it assumes altruism can overcome greed and selfishness, when the latter two emotions are far more powerful. Humans are just wired a certain way. Carl Sagan theorized in his book, The Dragons of Eden that the older reptilian part of our brain, which governs aggression and territoriality, is always able to overpower the newer mammalian component of our brain, which governs compassion and empathy. I kind of feel this is true. I hope I am wrong.

<< 1    3 >>

join