It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at your phone thru Oculus headset.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Put on the oculus headset. Look at your phone. You will see lights that you can't see normally. What is that?

So if we can't see this light... What else are we not seeing. It's some kind of frequency. These frequencies probably mess with our bodies.
edit on 6/13/2023 by stellawayten because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 13 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: In the future do not remove mod notes! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Poors like me don't have Oculus headset lol will stay tuned to hear from others but I believe iPhones for example use infrared cameras for face ID - could be something like that which are not visible to the naked eye
edit on 13-6-2023 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I don't have one of those borg things. You tell me what you see?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I don't have one anymore but I used to. You can see a small light that's always on. The headset allows you to see the room that you are in when you aren't playing a game.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Oh, that ? Pay no attention to that. It's just the All Seeing Eye they use to spy on everything you do.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Exactly. It's some kind of frequency. How does the oculus allow us to see?

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Infrared.

Does Oculus Quest see infrared?
The headset has 4 infrared cameras on the front of the headset that track the room, controllers and hands. This allows it to do what is called 'room-scale tracking' or positional tracking.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What is the infrared light on the phone for. It also makes me think of all of the things that our natural eyes can't see. 🤔

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Try using your TV command, those with the little bulb on the front, use infrared too IIRC.

Those IR on the phones, I think pretty much the same as the oculus.

edit on 13-6-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I don't have one anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What does infrared do on phone?
Some phone cameras have dedicated sensors that measure infrared light in order to produce better photos in the visible light range. Camera sensor lenses may also include filters that specifically block infrared light, again to produce better photos.

Also this :

apple.stackexchange.com...

edit on 13-6-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Most cameras in electronic devices use CCD or 'charged coupled devices' as a detector of the photons of light hitting the surface of the chip. As such, they measure photonic interactions at frequencies outside of those which the chemical processes in the rods and cones of our eyes, are able to detect. This goes for Ultraviolet and Infrared ends of the spectrum, just outside of what our eyes see.

For a demonstration of this, you can just look at a TV remote, with a button pressed, through the camera of your 'phone. Chances are that you will see the flicker of the UV or IR LED in the remote, through the image on the 'phone, even though you are unable to see the flicker directly through your eyes.

You can use this to see if the battery in a remote has gone flat.

Many here have suggested that these phones are producing IR, but it us more likely that they are, in fact, producing UV, which requires less power, having a shorter wavelength.

In low light conditions, the camera on a phone does not have enough energy to resolve a picture properly and so a simple and cheap UV LED light extends the image resolution capabilities of the technology.

edit on 13/6/2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Case closed

Book em Danno

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Thank you for an excellent overview. I have just one quibble:

Many here have suggested that these phones are producing IR, but it us more likely that they are, in fact, producing UV, which requires less power, having a shorter wavelength.

E = hv (where 'v' should be a greek "nu" : Energy = planck's-constant times radial-frequency)
All else constant:
UV light is higher-energy & shorter wavelength,
IR light is lower-energy & longer wavelength.
But then you have to factor in intensity, lumens, internal resistance of the light-emiting diodes which are converting electrical current to output photons...

IR (infra-red) is the Heat end of the spectrum.
UV (ultra-violet) is the more damaging end of the spectrum, associated with skin-cancer and causing catarrhacts, but this depends on several other factors (intensity, duration, specific frequency of UV).

You can buy LED's that emit both of these types of light for cheap. Last I knew, it was IR-LEDs that tended to be used for household remotes.

The classic "Predator Vision" (in film "Predator") is a false-coloring of an IR image.
Handheld IR viewers are used by fire-fighters to image & detect "hot-spots" that might flame back up.
Night-vision equipment works through light-amplification, so that you can see by amplified starlight, but they also usually have an IR diode illuminator so that they can still be used in tunnels, for instance, where even star-light is absent. Using the IR-illuminator, however, makes the wearer detectable to those with equipment to see IR.

posted on Jun, 14 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: tnxoxodka

Y'all make me feel so dumb.

new topics

top topics

join