It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neuralink cleared for Human Trials --- AKA--- Elon musk is the antichrist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

If he paid me $50 million I’d let him test it on my brain. We all know he could afford to do it

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If you add AI to this mix, you could end up with something akin to a sci fi horror movie. A human controlled by machine intelligence. Wouldn’t that be fun. Able to pass as human, because they are human. But superior to humanity. I believe that we would never survive this.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

All to possibly end up as the worlds most expensive vegetable? My brain is priceless, because it is the only one I have.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
a reply to: putnam6

i think the implications are tremendous, both the good and bad.
I gave the link to apply for the program in my response, if you give it a try I would love to hear the results.

Patient registry

Ha, I guess I semi-qualify Ive got partial hearing loss in one ear.

I could see if I had any one of those conditions definitely trying it out though

Who can participate in the Patient Registry?

Anyone within the United States who is at least 18 years old and the age of majority in their state, who is able to consent, and who has quadriplegia, paraplegia, vision loss, hearing loss, and/or the inability to speak, is invited to participate in the Patient Registry.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

my eyes are #e but I refuse to get lasik, no way im letting this thing inside me

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: abe froman

Your post reminds me of when the Catholic church held Galileo's feet to the fire.

God gave us bodies .

God gave us Technology .

Why not use them both , Why not combine them . The universe is calling to us will we answer or will we die here on Earth alone and in fear of Religious persecution ? People see the end around every corner , I personally believe we haven't even gotten started yet.

That reminds me of the Louis CK bit about God asking what did you do to the planet? or Carlin

God gave bodies

God gave us ttechnology

and we gave the Earth plastic

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

my eyes are #e but I refuse to get lasik, no way im letting this thing inside me

I don't know Id consider Lasik too, have a few relatives and both grandmothers who swore it helped them tremendously.

If I had good insurance I definitely would consider it. My daughter works for an Eye doctor the procedure is done robotically and has about a 95% success rate in improving a person's vision since she has been there, rarely are there complications and most of those occur in aftercare

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I’m gonna go the opposite way on this one and say f*** it!
What we should really be hoping for is that this medical procedure gets as rushed as humanly possible.
Cue the alien invasion.
Neuralink is the only thing that can help against them.
Grant Nuralink emergency use authorization!
Try to force every person in the world to get it.
Elites profits skyrocket making them billions to trillions of monies.
They win, we lose.

Now that’s just craziness that could never possibly happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Narvasis

i swear i did not even know this existed

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's a simple outcome Elon projected, if I can't fight AI , I'll become AI ...

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I see many of the same arguments used to criminalize guns. Criminals kill, steal, deceive and exploit but let's blame the technology and restrict our access because tyranny. On its own neuralink is the same as any prosthetic.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SigmaXSquared

I am honestly confused by this.
Which argument are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Neuralink + Starlink = Complete Control

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I do think this will be part of the beast system, but Musk probably isn't the antichrist... The antichrist will be perceived by the Jewish people as the Messiah. Musk couldn't be their supposed Messiah because he's not Jewish.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As someone who works in cybersecurity, this should be pretty good job security for me through retirement if I want it.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

ok but...
If the tech advances far enough, would you be willing to use it to fulfill your job duties?
I can imagine a johnny mnemonic/shadowrun type scenario with detectives uploading themselves into certain systems to access information.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Definitely not my speed; I'll watch movies and play games where that's an option. However, putting something like that into my body is going to be a hard pass for me. Even if they released something open-sourced that you could theoretically build yourself (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.), I wouldn't take those chances unless I manufactured the system from scratch myself. Even then, I think I wouldn't do anything of the sort to myself.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with it. If it was FORCED on people THEN I would have a problem. But, instead of thinking of all the negative things, imagine the positive. Artificial limbs that perform like the real ones. Giving sight to the blind, etc.

I think a lot of people look at this like The Matrix or Alita. I don't think we will ever have the ability to learn something by simply uploading it. And I HOPE it never gets to a point where people can intentionally swap limbs for mechanical ones.

I don't look at Elon Musk with a savior complex. I just think he's a guy with a LOT of money, who's using it to move humanity forward. Something that we USED to do long ago. When's the last time we had a "leader" who made proclamations like JFK?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Imagine where humanity would be today if the trillions we spent on warfare went to science instead.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

HAND,and FOREHEAD,not middle of head or back. And you CANT BE TRICKED INTO THE MARK, you have to renounce God before you get it.

<< 1    3 >>

join