It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deviant art must be banned!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Different context, I'd guess

I think it's more a case that people have forgotten what context is!

Personally I've gone off Waters a lot in recent years - the man doth protest too much! But the songs he performs off The Wall - and the imagery associated with those songs - are no more pro-Nazi now than they were in 1990 (or, indeed, 1979).

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
I do not know who you are but you would call me a Reichsbürger only once, standing in front of me, live and direct. That´s a promise but i bet you wouldn´t dare to call me a Reichsbürger live and direct. And yes, i am a born German and i know what i am talking about because i am sitting right in the middle of all that BS here.

One question, why didn´t they make such a fuss about that costume since 1978, since Pink Floyd had concerts here in Germany. If there would be something illegal with that costume he would have been charged a long time ago. But where is the Hakenkreuz, where is the SS Totenkopf, where are the SS runes. These are things that are forbidden here, absolutely right. What waters did is covered by the artistic freedom act here in Germany. He simply didn´t do anything illegal but they want to make him look bad because he critizes this clown world too. And artists with a lot of influence are an obstacle for the rulers.

That´why the jamaican government tried to kill Bob Marley, btw.

And no, i am not a Pink Floyd or Roger Waters fan but fact is, the transformers want to paint everything that is not in line with their agenda rightwing, Nazi etc. And at the same time the so called AntiFa is a government backed group that is everything else than anti fascist. The new, so called "Anti"fa showed it´s masked face while the anti corona measurements protests for democracy, Grundgesetz, freedom and compliance with existing laws.

Fascist is "Anti"fa meanwhile, i mean, look at the Ukraine in the MSM between 2014 and 2019 and then search for such articles which report facts about all that Nazi BS there after 2019. Since 2019 people like Bandera and Azov-Selenskyi are "flawless democrats, fighting for democracy, even for the freedom of Europe" with their national Bandera holidays, their Nazi workshops fir kids etc. No word anymore about the ethnic cleansing of ther people ukrainian citizens in the eastern of the Ukraine.

It´s simply "1984" meanwhile.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Statement from Roger Waters.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why is everyone’s knee jerk reaction to bam everything. Just looks away

Title should be: This is why deviant art really makes me sore

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy
Why is everyone’s knee jerk reaction to bam everything. Just looks away

Title should be: This is why deviant art really makes me sore

The point is, though, it isnt everyone is it? Just those who currently have the whip in their hands feeling entitlled to ban everything else

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I concur: I am similarly disturbed and unless the author/artist themselves decides to change the piece, it is morally incorrect to alter existing art. Censorship is the bane of creative expression and human freedom as a whole. It reminds me of eugenics, and I sincerely hate it, too.

a reply to: Salamandy

Because people are afraid of what they don't understand. It's easier to bury one's head in the sand, rather than to confront the issue head-on. Art is meant to make people react emotionally. That includes all emotions--it doesn't matter if you hate it or love it or feel indifferent. As long as a person reacts at all, art is doing its job. There's something really wrong with persecuting artists. Always has been.
edit on 27-5-2023 by rukia because: grammar

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It's against the law in Germany to display Nazi symbols for very obvious reasons.
That's just how it is.
To compare that to what Hitler did because some old trash rockstar thinks he's above the law is pretty comical.
Yea, the obvious reason is Germany never changed wanting to control how you behave. They just got better at convincing you it was moral.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Labour MP Christian Wakeford has called for Roger Waters show in Manchester next month to be cancelled , Mr Wakeford who was elected as a Tory MP in 2019 before he defected to Labour in January 2022 said "Will the Leader of the House agree with me that concerts like this have no place in our society and shouldn't go ahead?"
www.bbc.co.uk...
It's worth noting that Mr Cancel Culture is a member of the Israeli State operation known as Labour Friends of Israel.
edit on 27-5-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Roger's use of sardonicism in words and imagery to project the anti-fascist message obviously hit snowflake control freakery where it hurts.

The guy is not stupid and probably anticipated the risks.

Court controversy, challenge those 'we are not allowed to criticise' and get arrested? Way to go on a farewell concert!

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

To be fair that MP looks a completely entitled smug little pr1k who needs a proper shoeing.

This is why there is no point voting labour any more, its been stolen by the wet wing of the tory party.

Best rip it up and start again cos these clowns will never do anything that benefits the working classes of this country

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Art is free expression and should be protected.

We're turning into a world where anything offensive is banned.

And only cowards and tyrants do that.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree, we are all being ruled by cowardly tyrants.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's against the law in Germany to display Nazi symbols for very obvious reasons.
That's just how it is.
To compare that to what Hitler did because some old trash rockstar thinks he's above the law is pretty comical.

It really shows the lack of freedom in Germany.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Only when the Insignia is actual Military Regalia. Waters has the Hammers on his lapel, which are not the SS or German Nazi symbols. They have been engaged in this sort of showmanship since oh, The Wall came out.

Why have not not arrested Marilyn Manson? Or any one number of other bands? Because Waters is critical of Israel, and that’s why he is being canceled. Love him or hate him, once you cross the Israelis, you can more or less see your world destroyed. Ask Kanye West how that worked for him. LOL

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It's just dishonest to put all the blame on palestinian extremists (hamas). Israel also recieves billions in funding and has far more power in the situation to make change.

Yet, Israel pushes hate against palestinians, takes away their homes, injures and kills innocent people who did nothing but protest or throw rocks.

Israel continues to commit human rights violations that are enforced by the state. There is hundreds of video evidence and testimoney (even by previous soldiers of israel).

What has Israel done with its billiions in aid to resolve the situation? They are the ones with the most power.

And like rogers said, "The “Another Brick In The Wall” singer denies the anti-Semitism accusations, saying he was protesting against Israeli policies and not the Jewish people."

You may not be aware, but Israel spends millions each year on lobbying politicians to promote pro-israel sentiments. Even pushing things like Israel oath pledges to not criticize the country in America.
edit on 27-5-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Rogers has been very anti-war for as long as I can remember. This is nothing suprising for him to be against the human rights violations done by Israel.

No one should ever be banned for having opinions against the israeli government. But it does show how Israel think they are above criticism because of the holocaust.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm sure he got it checked and cleared beforehand with his lawyers, and this is all a big misunderstanding by freedom loving Germany.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Now you can be a fan of Roger Waters or not, you can find the man repulsive if you want to. I don't think you can honestly accuse the bloke of being a Nazi though.

It is interesting that I just listened to him on Joe Rogan two days ago on a long drive and you bring this up. I found him to be a very sensitive man that looks through the world with sensitive glasses. Most of that he says I overall disagree with while still agreeing with some underlining fundamentals.

Two big issues I have with him are he wants the Palestinian situation and the Ukraine war fixed as we all do, but he sees the Jews and Zelensky as the main reasons for failures.

With the Palestinian situation, he expects Israel just to give them a country somehow that would fix it all while not seeing the other players like Iran etc. that really do not want it to be fixed as they use these people as tools against Israel.

With Zelensky he is upset he didn't go to the table and basically give Putin what he wants so that Putin could call it a victory and end the war. Just give him the Donbas region and a good chunk north of Crimea to establish a good land bridge there from Russia and all will be good with no real comment on Putin actually being the one invading. Zelensky said when they remove Putin he will be ready to talk, and Waters was very upset with that.

I told my kids in the car that I see Waters as very native to all the gears in motion in these events. I wonder if he would have been OK with Europe giving Germany a chunk of France, Russia, Poland etc to end WWII and not go after Hitler to kill him.

With that said, I found him to be a very conditional pacifist, so not really someone I would think would be banned.

edit on 27-5-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I expect that losing his Grandfather in WWI and father in WWII informs his hatred of war somewhat.

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I expect that losing his Grandfather in WWI and father in WWII informs his hatred of war somewhat.

When you look at The Wall it is all about England getting attacked by Germany and totalitarian states in general. So it is easy to see where he is coming from with all war bad, and anyone "he" deems totalitarian/authoritarian is bad, even British schools back then. Very straightforward and simple ideal, that may or may not be correct. Pink Floyd has always used a quasi-Nazi-style uniform to depict the bad guy in their shows.

edit on 27-5-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join